Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@mousiegirl

actually just one side to as a modified "hook" --

I hope this makes sense !  Once you do a few you'll get the hang of it.  

I've hung those  Lenox ornaments using this method & they're heavy and branches don't bend.

7732E0D8-E893-465A-B21A-D3C9B6C2CD33.jpeg

@homedecor1  Thank you. :

Frequent Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Can anyone recommend a brand of sturdy hooks, green is best, but silver is okay as long as it is sturdy,  havn't seen any around here.  The hooks I bought after Christmas last year are so flimsy, not the way they used to be made, but then not much is anymore.

At times when I have bought ornaments, a green hook was on them, and they were so sturdy and the ornaments hung so well.

Hobby lobby has some that are very thick and some decorative.  I make mine.  Sort of like jewelry for my tree.  I make them with heavy gauge wire and add glass beads.  Extra sparkle .

Super Contributor

@Maltichonmom17

What a smart idea.......we love our fur babies don't we?! Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl

I'll keep an enabling eye out for you!

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I purchased the Thomas perconni oranament hooks from QVC. They are sturdy and either clip or hang on the tree. They were also decorated with a bead or tree, etc. I 've seen similar items on HSN and I think it was the Winter Lane line of products. 

I also have used pipe cleaners. You can cut them to any length and they come in a variety of materials from fuzzy to tinsels to seasonal. You can disguise them with the color of your tree or use them as additonal color to your tree. The craft stores and JoAnn carry them.

Hope one of these works for you. 

Honored Contributor

I like hooks from Old World Christmas; they're green and cost $2.99 for 100.  I think they're only sold through retailers, i.e. not by OWC directly.

ornament hooks.png

Contributor

I receive the Vermont Country Store catalog and they are known offering items like we use to be able to buy.  They offer ornament hooks that are very strong and well made. I don’t remember how much I paid for a box.  They are so well made I have not purchased any of the flimsy kind. They are small but strong.

Trusted Contributor

Re: STURDY ORNAMENT HOOKS

[ Edited ]

@Coopsmommy wrote:

@Maltichonmom17

What a smart idea.......we love our fur babies don't we?! Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl

I'll keep an enabling eye out for you!

@Coopsmommy, thanks. Yes, anything to keep those fur babies safe 💓

The added bonus of using the ribbons, is that once the ribbons are on, they’re on permanently.  No need to reattach a hanger every year. It’s a great timesaver. 

@mousiegirl, have you looked at amazon? They have a lot of different options for ornament hooks, good descriptions, and helpful reviews. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gjc57 wrote:

I receive the Vermont Country Store catalog and they are known offering items like we use to be able to buy.  They offer ornament hooks that are very strong and well made. I don’t remember how much I paid for a box.  They are so well made I have not purchased any of the flimsy kind. They are small but strong.

@gjc57  Thank you, I just looked, and they do look sturdy, but being so small, I wonder if they would fit a thicker part of a branch than the tips. I may buy one box, can always use them on the tips if nowhere else.

Honored Contributor

@gjc57 wrote:

@gjc57  Here are Vermont Country Store hooks.  The bottom looks as if an ornament can't be attached, so does it have to be pried open, and if so, is that difficult?

Contributor

There is space to hang the thinner ornaments. If I want to hang a thicker wire I just use some pliers.