Honored Contributor

Easter-table-decorations-01.jpg

Of course it's early, but this festive table caught my eye.  It could be a simple celebration of spring as well as Easter.  As usual, I like things with a "forest" accent, which this gives.

It relies more on the "moodier" side of blue, rather than a mix of spring pastels.  Those indigo goblets and blue-and-white, hydrangea-filled vases set the scheme.

I love the carefree, unpressed "washed linen" look, combined with more formal elements.   Beatiful chairs too.

Easter-table-decorations-02.jpg

The setting has the traditional speckled eggs, and also moss and nests, bringing in that woodsy feeling, along with those precious birds.

Easter-table-decorations-07.jpg

Those carved wooden chargers and beautiful plates just look so great together.  The china is "Toulouse Blue" by Fitz and Floyd. The old silverplate is "First Love" (my mother's pattern-- wish I had some!)  Wee frog is a sweet touch-- can frogs be sweet?  

Easter-table-decorations-03.jpg

Easter-table-decorations-05.jpg

All her accents are so pretty.  Vintage brass, crystal and marble in the shape of a "floral" candlestick-- elegant.

Easter-table-decorations-08.jpg

Easter-table-decorations-12.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Just perfect! Thank you for sharing! 

Esteemed Contributor

Would love to sit at that table . Am sure the  menu will be as unique . I'd wear a really feminine lacy dress or flowing dress, gloves  and an Easter bonnet

Honored Contributor

Just perfection....

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty table.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, this is so lovely that I won't even complain about the wrinkled tablecloth like I did in another post.  I absolutely love everything about this table.  

I keep my dining room table set year round.  We only use it when we have company over so it's easy enough to change out.  Anyway, I just put my winter dishes and decor away and have it set for spring.  I love the change and will probably keep it this way through the summer.  

Honored Contributor

Where do you put the food???  A bit overdone, IMO!!

Respected Contributor

I'm having a small brunch gathering for a friend's birthday and was just thinking about how I want to set the table.  I think I have an idea, but I'll need to get all the pieces together to see if I can make it work.  This post reminds me to get busy!

Super Contributor

@Oznell  I have seen charger plates used before, but never knew they had a name and were called that.  Cool.

Yes, absolutely frogs can be described as sweet.  I've even used that word to describe some insects.

I've seen goblets on The Vermont Country Store website that are somewhat similar to those in your post.  If interested in seeing them, as well as some other related items (e.g., candlesticks, pitchers, etc), can go to their website and in the search field type "Mosser" (no need to use quotes) to see their collection.  They are made in the USA, too.

Super Contributor

I love the hydrangeas!