Regular Contributor

Re: SCOTT BROTHERS NEW RESTING DEER

I bought the standing deer in red last year.  It’s beautiful.  I put it outside with a bow around the neck.  It was packed very well, however, there were many reviews saying it had arrived damaged, mostly a broken leg.  I never saw it on “as is”.  Maybe they improved it for this year.

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:
Thank you @hellodali

The pearl will be perfect for my living room... I will post photos!

@Zsazsa  I love the brushed bronze, and red is my favorite color, but I already have two enormous real bronze does, one in a grazing pose, and one standing looking alert with eyes, lol, so won't buy the bronze, but if they were smaller I would.

I do have a red and white room, but around the tree, which I leave up all year, are many large polar bears, and two standing glittery red deer, so really don't have the room for the red, but I really strained my brain last night trying to figure out how I could get some, and challenged my will power, but I won, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Last year I bought one of the red standing deer.  I was lucky enough that mine arrived in tact but it is fragile.  I tried to go back and look at the description from last year to see what it was actually  made of to compare it to the ones this year but I don't see anything listed on the older ones.  Does anyone know if they are the same material?  Not sure I would take a chance on another one unless they are more sturdy.  

Contributor

I ordered a standing one last year and was one of the lucky ones who received it intact. I ordered 2 of the seated ones this year, because I know they will sell out quickly. If one of them arrives broken, I'll have a backup. If both arrive intact, I'll have a nice gift for someone. If both arrive broken, I'll cry into my lasagne.

Honored Contributor

@LolaLasagne wrote:

I ordered a standing one last year and was one of the lucky ones who received it intact. I ordered 2 of the seated ones this year, because I know they will sell out quickly. If one of them arrives broken, I'll have a backup. If both arrive intact, I'll have a nice gift for someone. If both arrive broken, I'll cry into my lasagne.

@LolaLasagne  LOL!  What color did you order?  I caved and bought the standing and kneeling deer in red, can always return if they don't fit in.

Respected Contributor

I had been hoping for them to bring a sitting deer all year. However I got two of the sitting TSV's with the candles in the bronze color and lo and behold they match really well with the Scott Bros deer I bought last year in bronze. So I'll have to pass on the one today. BTW my deer arrived in perfect condition last year, however I broke one of the antlers myself! Luckily I was able to glue it back and you cant evem tell.

Respected Contributor

Darn it.  I really like these but the only logical place to put them in my home is on the hearth.   And my mantel/fireplace is probably too whimsical for these.  I’m not getting new stockings, etc.   Opinions?

C732AC88-8C41-4BCD-9840-DF622A003097.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I had been hoping for them to bring a sitting deer all year. However I got two of the sitting TSV's with the candles in the bronze color and lo and behold they match really well with the Scott Bros deer I bought last year in bronze. So I'll have to pass on the one today. BTW my deer arrived in perfect condition last year, however I broke one of the antlers myself! Luckily I was able to glue it back and you cant evem tell.

@froggy  I bought the deer candle holders in bronze also. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:

Darn it.  I really like these but the only logical place to put them in my home is on the hearth.   And my mantel/fireplace is probably too whimsical for these.  I’m not getting new stockings, etc.   Opinions?

@crazycockermom  My deer, and I have many, are surrounded by whimsy at Christmas, and don't get rid of those stockings! Smiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@crazycockermom  My deer, and I have many, are surrounded by whimsy at Christmas, and dno't get rid of those stockings! Smiley Happy.

Thanks for replying mousiegirl.  Hmm.  Well they were talking about how elegant they were so that made me question them.  Color suggestions??   My instinct is the bronze because of the style of my fireplace. Kind of rustic.   But I have bronze lanterns too.  Is that too much bronze?  I could also leave them out after Christmas too.