Esteemed Contributor

Review with Pics - Lightscapes RGB Candle and Pedestal

[ Edited ]
H211359 Lightscapes RGB Flameless Candle with Pedestal and Remote

I received two of these in the Lattice choice. 

The pedestals are indeed ceramic and in my opinion nicely made, not 100% perfect, but close enough. 

One of my candles will not turn on via switch or remote.  The other works fine.  I knew I probably would not like the various colors of the LED lights in the candle base, not that there's anything wrong with them, but I do like the amber color--the orange button on the remote.  I think it best matches the LED that lights up the body of the candle.  

Here is a photo of how I'm planning to use my one working set.  This is a shelf in a corner of my kitchen.  My parents bought four of the items on the shelf for me during their visits to Cracker Barrel.  They know how much I love to shop there!  :-)  This will make a nice nightlight. 
Twine Not IncludedCat LOL.  I wrapped it with twine hoping to tone down the glitter presence on the candle, so it would blend in a little better with the farm scene. 

20170719_105327-1.jpeg

Knowing almost nothing about RGB technology,  I am assuming it is probably normal to see true red and true green shining out in small areas here and there, when I select the amber color?  Here is a closeup showing what it looks like on amber.  See the red and green to the left and right?  For this reason, I won't be putting it in a more open area if I'm wanting the monochromatic look. 

20170719_105558.jpeg

I figured out what I can do with my second pedestal.  Since its candle doesn't light up at all so it can't illuminate the pedestal, I thought of these light strands that I recently received from Zulily.  They are sold at other places, too.  I got them to go in glass bottles that I display here and there, and they cost $6.99 each, and have timers.  I haven't had them long enough to know how long the batteries will last.

LED Lighted Bottle Stopper

I temporarily wrapped and taped a strip of paper towel around the black barrel which houses the two AAA batteries.  I dropped the barrel, with the lights loosely wrapped around it, into the pedestal--it has a hole in the top.  I forgot to turn the candle on.  Oops.  Here is the result:

20170719_102059-2-1.jpg

After my initial disappointment about one candle being defective, I'm now excited that I found a way to illuminate the second pedestal if I choose.  I wanted to share the info and pics for anyone interested.

QVC offered what I felt was a fair partial refund for the defective candle, so that I could keep the now-sold-out lattice pedestal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review with Pics - Lightscapes RGB Candle and Pedestal

Do you think this Candle Impressions candle looks good on this pedestal?

20170719_150254-1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  I think it all looks fine.  I didn't buy that pedestal but I'm sure it will help those that did.  You are very generous with your sharing to help others. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I love it, looks very good together, vintage.  I also like the twine.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

20170719_150254-1.jpeg

@SHOPR  Yes. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

20170719_150254-1.jpeg

@SHOPR  Yes. Smiley Happy

@SHOPR  Thanks for sharing all your pics...lovely! Your uses of the new pedestals is perfect! My fave is the 1st pic...great grouping/vignette Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

shopr, I'm going to be a copycat. I have a couple candles that I'd like

to rustic up a bit, and the twine is perfect.  Thank you for sharing

your pictures.

Honored Contributor

Oh my Shopr, you are very creative.  I like the candle with the twine.  I never would have thought of that.  I really like that candle impression candle and regret I never got one.  Not sure if I like it on the pedestal.  You are the decorator though.  😁

Respected Contributor

I love how you incorporated it with your other items, especially love what a difference the twine made.  It all looks so nice together!!   Interesting about the RGB effect.  

Glad QVC gave you a partial refund for his non working one. I think how you made it work looks great!!

Thanks for posting all this!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR, an outstanding job you did!  You keep me happy that I did the right thing to "exchange" the candle!  Keep your beautiful creativity coming!!