Trusted Contributor

Review of Valerie's Stacking Pumpkins ~ ARGHH!

Okay, I broke down and ordered H214975, the stacking pumpkins with leaves in orange.  The first thing I noticed is how lightweight it is.  Someone asked (under the listing) what it is made of and the reply was resin (someone replied stating they asked Valerie and this is what they were told).  Nope, not resin ~ foam.  I can live with that.  What I can't live with is the hole in the top of the top pumpkin and the light orange seam around the largest pumpkin at the bottom.  The bottom pumpkin is a beautiful medium orange color but the light orange seam is way too distracting.  My eyes kept going to that flaw.  Really disappointing.

Needless to say, this is going back tomorrow morning.  I think it's time for me to use what I have and make do.  These things aren't exactly cheap ~ yes, I agreed to pay what they are asking but I expect a nice item to be sent to me.  

Oh, well.  I just wanted to share ~ thanks for letting me vent!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Valerie's Stacking Pumpkins ~ ARGHH!

I would have taken a little of my acrylic paint and touched it up.  Much easier than packing up, going to post office and waiting for refund.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

Okay, I broke down and ordered H214975, the stacking pumpkins with leaves in orange.  The first thing I noticed is how lightweight it is.  Someone asked (under the listing) what it is made of and the reply was resin (someone replied stating they asked Valerie and this is what they were told).  Nope, not resin ~ foam.  I can live with that.  What I can't live with is the hole in the top of the top pumpkin and the light orange seam around the largest pumpkin at the bottom.  The bottom pumpkin is a beautiful medium orange color but the light orange seam is way too distracting.  My eyes kept going to that flaw.  Really disappointing.

Needless to say, this is going back tomorrow morning.  I think it's time for me to use what I have and make do.  These things aren't exactly cheap ~ yes, I agreed to pay what they are asking but I expect a nice item to be sent to me.  

Oh, well.  I just wanted to share ~ thanks for letting me vent!  :-)

@Julie928 ~~ Her items aren't cheap, but a lot are cheaply made.

Disappointing😕

Respected Contributor

I was on the fence about that item....ugh , that’s too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

Love that you did your post in orange, it made your vent really cute.

Valerie's items looks so good on TV and too many times her items look cheap and disappoint IRL.

We look so forward to the little gifts we purchase  to make things look pretty.

Sorry it happened to you

Trusted Contributor

The quality of her items is subpar to say the least.  The pricing on her stuff is ridiculous for the quality that you get.  I've learned my lesson with her things and no longer purchase. 

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

We've been talking about Big Lots today. They have a couple of designs in stacking pumpkins and they are quite heavy. Took all my will power not to buy a couple.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928

So sorry your stacking pumpkins had flaws...

As much as I like Valeries shows, sadly some of the quality of her items are just not up to par (pardon the pun).....

If you use the return label, you can have USPS pick it up at your door, just go to the USPS website and schedule it....there is no extra charge if you use the return label....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 ~ I hear you, but if we all did that the quality would never improve.  For $68 & change I shouldn't have to do anything expect display and enjoy.  ;-)

Thanks everyone for your responses.  In place of the stacking pumpkins I did this ~ I have a Nantucket Basket I filled with sprigs of artificial dusty orange berries and burnished green leaves.  I placed that on the center of the table with two artificial branches with moss on either side (from Pier 1).  Then....(wait for it)...I wrapped an autumn leaf and pumpkin garland around the branches and wow, does it look nice!  By the way, the garland was purchased at WalMart this morning for $2.95 and know what?  There are no seam lines in the foam pumpkins!  

It really is too bad because I love the idea of stacking pumpkins.  I saw the photos of the ones from Big Lots and really like those!  JoAnn Fabrics had some stacked pumpkins as well but they were only about 15 inches high.  It's really nice to see all the autumn things in the stores!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Julie928:  Sorry to hear this!  I had it in my cart but after I added s/h & tax I just couldn't justify $64. without the urn (sold separately $50🙀) I decided not to order.

If I recall, caller did ask and was told a "form of resin composite".

Her things look beautiful but I've found nicer quality in traditional stores.  My last things I ordered were candlerings that were oversized although she continues to say they fit the pedestals...not!  

If you love the stack pumpkin look or the other she showed check out Big Lots.  I bought one of the stacking pumpkins today for $40.   They are resin and already in urn.  

0FACECBE-BD66-4480-837B-88C0E2115A01.jpeg

0289004A-81A9-45B9-BF74-0ECA68AE79FD.jpegit's straight I just took bad picture!

you may want to check out Big Lots for some nice Fall decor items.  Online or in store.