Trusted Contributor

Review of Valerie's Set of 3 Mums ~ YAY!!!

Judging from the title of this thread you've probably already figured out I'm happy with the mums, lol!  I ordered the burgundy and yellow choices and have received only the burgundy so far.  They are a beautiful color with just a hint of yellow-green mixed into the petals.  I like the wrapping used around the pots, too.  I was afraid they would look too "crafty" but they are really nice!  I'll post back when I receive the yellow ones and let you guys know how I like those!  YAY!  All is not lost, lol!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Review of Valerie's Set of 3 Mums ~ YAY!!!

I am so happy for you!  I saw her presentation and I really wanted them, but I had to stop myself.  I ordered so much during CIJ between the kaleidoscope trees and the large lantern and assorted other items that I just had to stop. 

Enjoy them and definitely let us know how you like the yellow ones when they arrive.

BTW where are you planning on displaying them?  Please share and I can enjoy them through you!  Thanks!!

Trusted Contributor

@hellodali ~ Right now I have them displayed in our living room along with a vintage angel I keep out all year and a vintage table where the base is made up of angels.  I find that florals like these fill in those gaps where if a larger item was added it might be too much.  They look really pretty (I think) surrounding the angel, especially in the burgundy color.  :-)

Honored Contributor

They looked really nice and life like.

Respected Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@hellodali ~ Right now I have them displayed in our living room along with a vintage angel I keep out all year and a vintage table where the base is made up of angels.  I find that florals like these fill in those gaps where if a larger item was added it might be too much.  They look really pretty (I think) surrounding the angel, especially in the burgundy color.  :-)

That sounds so very pretty.  I love vintage and, of course, I really love angels.  I bet that does look nice.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I got the yellow.  While I think they're great quality - very full and larger than expected - I'm not crazy about the color.  They aren't the bright yellow I expected - too orangy.  

Let us know what you think of the yellow when you receive them.

Regular Contributor

I purchased several sets from Michael's a couple of years ago and they are gorgeous to this day.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.  Can't wait for labor day to put them out. 

Respected Contributor

@Julie928, good news!  Isn't it nice when we order something and it's even better than we expected?!

Glad to hear they are working out for you.  I remember the day when I could order things and never even thought twice about it.  I miss those days.

Trusted Contributor

@FranandZoe ~ Hi!  I got my yellow mums and wanted to post back regarding the color.  I would call the color more of a harvest yellow, almost mustard (if that makes sense).  I didn't notice any orange hues to it, at the same time they aren't a bright sunshine yellow either.  I like the color.  It brightens the room and looks especially nice paired with the burgundy mums.

I hope this helps.  Do you think you'll reorder or just keep the ones you have?

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

Judging from the title of this thread you've probably already figured out I'm happy with the mums, lol!  I ordered the burgundy and yellow choices and have received only the burgundy so far.  They are a beautiful color with just a hint of yellow-green mixed into the petals.  I like the wrapping used around the pots, too.  I was afraid they would look too "crafty" but they are really nice!  I'll post back when I receive the yellow ones and let you guys know how I like those!  YAY!  All is not lost, lol!!!

@Julie928

Glad you liked the mums--ENJOY! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”