Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,273
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Reindeer Lovers FYI.

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo@GCR18@mousiegirl...not to add to the "enabling" but...

 

3215661_1.jpg

3212300_1(1).jpg3212313_1(1).jpg


@MTH  Of course we would never accuse you of enabling.  But where did you say these are?  Smiley Happy


 

@lucymo  The top is Pier1, but I didn't see the other two there.


@mousiegirl  They are all P1.  The top one is in their Christmas section and the other two, called velvet deer, are in their Fall section.


@MTH@mousiegirl,  I need the pair of velvet ones.  The top one is great but a little pricey.  Velvet ones $24.95 and $19.95 so that's affordable.  I don't have any velvet deer so I need them, don't I?  lol


@lucymo The top one is pricey and also only online which makes it hard for me to picture how it will fit in but I have gotten some rather large deer from P1 in previous years and haven't been disappointed. It is also pretty large so we are back to not only a display issue but a storage issue.  I also don't have any velvet ones and it looks like these will be more in line with their Fall decor and should be available in the stores by the end of July so I can actually see them.  They may be justifiable if they are used for Fall and can be put away for Christmas so others can come out.  How about that for rationalizing?????


@MTH  Well, that's pretty good but what about after Christmas when they all have to be put away?  I'm afraid we get in storage trouble deeper and deeper each year. Attics only have so much space too.  I have vaulted ceilings so that takes away some of the space.  Again, Lord have mercy on us.  LOL


 

@lucymo  Without the wreaths, they could be left out all year.  Someone who knows what she is doing, could cut the wreaths in such a way that they could still be usable on the necks, but removed for display during the year, and then put back on for Fall, then ribbons around the necks for Christmas, and for those who decorate for Valentine's, Halloween, 4th of July, etc., decor around the necks to suit that occasion. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

@MTH@mousiegirl  Our attic really doesn't have much space in most areas.  Our CHA is also up there and the attic does get really hot so I would have to be careful what I put up there.  I probably just need to be selective and buy less.  I was thinking of buying something but also it seemed very familiar so I went looking around and already have it in storage.  Time to take stock.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo@GCR18@mousiegirl...not to add to the "enabling" but...

 

3215661_1.jpg

3212300_1(1).jpg3212313_1(1).jpg


@MTH  Of course we would never accuse you of enabling.  But where did you say these are?  Smiley Happy


 

@lucymo  The top is Pier1, but I didn't see the other two there.


@mousiegirl  They are all P1.  The top one is in their Christmas section and the other two, called velvet deer, are in their Fall section.


@MTH@mousiegirl,  I need the pair of velvet ones.  The top one is great but a little pricey.  Velvet ones $24.95 and $19.95 so that's affordable.  I don't have any velvet deer so I need them, don't I?  lol


@lucymo The top one is pricey and also only online which makes it hard for me to picture how it will fit in but I have gotten some rather large deer from P1 in previous years and haven't been disappointed. It is also pretty large so we are back to not only a display issue but a storage issue.  I also don't have any velvet ones and it looks like these will be more in line with their Fall decor and should be available in the stores by the end of July so I can actually see them.  They may be justifiable if they are used for Fall and can be put away for Christmas so others can come out.  How about that for rationalizing?????


@MTH  Well, that's pretty good but what about after Christmas when they all have to be put away?  I'm afraid we get in storage trouble deeper and deeper each year. Attics only have so much space too.  I have vaulted ceilings so that takes away some of the space.  Again, Lord have mercy on us.  LOL


 

@lucymo  Without the wreaths, they could be left out all year.  Someone who knows what she is doing, could cut the wreaths in such a way that they could still be usable on the necks, but removed for display during the year, and then put back on for Fall, then ribbons around the necks for Christmas, and for those who decorate for Valentine's, Halloween, 4th of July, etc., decor around the necks to suit that occassion. Smiley Happy


@mousiegirl  You have just made me pretty sure that I need those deer.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,273
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH@mousiegirl  Our attic really doesn't have much space in most areas.  Our CHA is also up there and the attic does get really hot so I would have to be careful what I put up there.  I probably just need to be selective and buy less.  I was thinking of buying something but also it seemed very familiar so I went looking around and already have it in storage.  Time to take stock.  Smiley Happy


 

@lucymo  That has happened so often here, I have bought duplicate books, plants, etc., and today see in my daylily file that I have a daylily that I didn't realize I had, and almost bought it on ebay, good thing I didn't.

 

What is CHA?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH@mousiegirl  Our attic really doesn't have much space in most areas.  Our CHA is also up there and the attic does get really hot so I would have to be careful what I put up there.  I probably just need to be selective and buy less.  I was thinking of buying something but also it seemed very familiar so I went looking around and already have it in storage.  Time to take stock.  Smiley Happy


 

@lucymo  That has happened so often here, I have bought duplicate books, plants, etc., and today see in my daylily file that I have a daylily that I didn't realize I had, and almost bought it on ebay, good thing I didn't.

 

What is CHA?


@mousiegirl Central heat and air.

We probably need to log in everything we buy so we don't buy more than we want and need. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,842
Registered: ‎07-03-2013

It's obvious you need those deer Lucy.  🙈🙉🙊

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,197
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

@GCR18 wrote:

It's obvious you need those deer Lucy.  🙈🙉🙊


 

@GCR18  Thank you so much.  LOL They just removed the sitting deer from my cart as it is sold out online and not available in any stores near me.  Not sure I want to just get the standing one. What do you think?  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,659
Registered: ‎10-18-2012

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

It's obvious you need those deer Lucy.  🙈🙉🙊


 

@GCR18  Thank you so much.  LOL They just removed the sitting deer from my cart as it is sold out online and not available in any stores near me.  Not sure I want to just get the standing one. What do you think?  Smiley Happy


@lucymo  If you don't mind my 2 cents....I just got that email today from P1 whenI posted the pics so I don't think the sitting deer is sold out...I think its more like they just dont' have them readily available for shipping yet.  They won't even be in the stores for a few more weeks. I bet if you wait, you will be able to get both soon enough online. They keep adding Fall/Thanksgiving decor weekly and if you watch the website, they frequently have 15% and/or 20% off coupons.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,842
Registered: ‎07-03-2013

@lucymo, @MTH

 

I'd hold out and check weekly.  I'd want a pair.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,659
Registered: ‎10-18-2012

@GCR18 wrote:

@lucymo, @MTH

 

I'd hold out and check weekly.  I'd want a pair.


@GCR18@lucymo  as soon as they arrive in my store, I will go check them out so if anyone doesn't have a local store, I can post more info after I see them in person. I have 3 stores close to me and I'm sure there will be plenty of deer to go round.