Esteemed Contributor

Re: Received my mosaic egg...

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom, Everything on the table is adorable.  

In my opinion, your mom's basket wins over the egg as my choice to display with the bunnies, for no particular reason other than it just seems to belong there based on the one pic.

I agree with @MickD that pedestals may help you appreciate the candles and rings more, and you may not even want larger candles if you try the ones you have on pedestals--no matter the material IMO--wood, glass, whatever you like--but not too tall if using with those candles.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt and @Citrine1

Thanks for responding!  

I was at Pier 1 today but had limited time.   Saw some runners, but not the right one.  Although they do have some beautiful decorative ones.  I don't want anything busy though, have enough going on the table.  A nice linen look in ivory or cream, I think....

Respected Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@crazycockermom

Is there another place you could display the bunnies? It seems like they are bigger in scale than the egg and throw off the vignette.

It looks like the bunnies are towering over the other items on the table. Do you have a sideboard in your dining room?

I love the old basket. You reminded me that I have one stashed away that needs to come out!

Do you have any VPH candle rings to add to the display? Maybe some colorful Easter grass placed under the bunnies would add another layer.

I like the egg! I have a mosaic vase that changes colors with a remote.

I have found nice runners at Home Goods for other holidays, but have not seen any Easter/Spring ones. Time for me to go back and check again!

I could possibly display the bunnies somewhere else.  Unfortunately, my sideboard won't fit in the dining room.  The room is too small for the table and the sideboard so sadly the sideboard is stuck in a spare room storing my mom's china.  I do have VPH candle rings on the table.  Just not on pedestals.  Need different candles for that.  I did think about adding some grass.  I'll check out Home Goods.  Thanks for the ideas!!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@crazycockermom, Everything on the table is adorable.  

In my opinion, your mom's basket wins over the egg as my choice to display with the bunnies, for no particular reason other than it just seems to belong there based on the one pic.

I agree with @MickD that pedestals may help you appreciate the candles and rings more, and you may not even want larger candles if you try the ones you have on pedestals--no matter the material IMO--wood, glass, whatever you like--but not too tall if using with those candles.

@SHOPR and @MickD

Thanks!  I have those MG pedestals in silver, gold, and chocolate.  I just need different candles.  The ones I have seemed too puny/short when I tried them.  

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

My vote is keep the mosaic egg, it looks awesome with your bunnies!

Thanks BornToShop!

Regular Contributor

Pretty egg!

I would have the two bunnies on the table with the mosaic egg in the middle by themselves and then take the eggs from the basket and scatter them about the three pieces to make the vignette. Another option is to break up the bunny set. You could keep the standing bunny with the mosaic egg kind of next to it and make a centerpiece of that and place the sitting bunny in another spot surrounded by the candles.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  I like all of your vignettes but I especially like the one with the basket.  But, any of them are very pretty.  Just enjoy your beautiful pieces in the way that pleases you and your DH.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom  I like all of your vignettes but I especially like the one with the basket.  But, any of them are very pretty.  Just enjoy your beautiful pieces in the way that pleases you and your DH.

Hi lucymo!!   Good to see you again.  I'm sorry things have been rough.  I appreciate you responding to my post.  Thanks for your opinion.  Hopefully DH will give me his too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

Pretty egg!

I would have the two bunnies on the table with the mosaic egg in the middle by themselves and then take the eggs from the basket and scatter them about the three pieces to make the vignette. Another option is to break up the bunny set. You could keep the standing bunny with the mosaic egg kind of next to it and make a centerpiece of that and place the sitting bunny in another spot surrounded by the candles.

@Winter Holiday

Thanks for your ideas!  I've already taken the two little baskets off the table.  They looked too small and out of place. But the candles are still there, for now.  I like the idea of scattered eggs too. I could put the sitting bunny on my wine rack with glass top which is in the corner of the dining room...

Regular Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@Winter Holiday wrote:

Pretty egg!

@Winter Holiday

Thanks for your ideas!  I've already taken the two little baskets off the table.  They looked too small and out of place. But the candles are still there, for now.  I like the idea of scattered eggs too. I could put the sitting bunny on my wine rack with glass top which is in the corner of the dining room...

@crazycockermom you are welcome! Whatever you do it will be wonderful. You will have to let us know your final decision Smiley Happy