Respected Contributor

Received my mosaic egg...

[ Edited ]

I wasn't sure what to expect.  I think it's neat.  Was afraid it would be plastic, but it's glass.  There are a few imperfections.  I put it on my dining room table with my bunnies and chose a blue light that is the same hue of the bunnies, but a tad darker.  Not sure if pics convey that very well.  Also added Valerie's blue beaded candle rings to the vignette.  I need some different candles but will make due with the ones I have for now.  

I dont know if the egg goes with the bunnies.  I don't know if the candles make it too busy.  I saw a distressed antique white lantern at Pier 1 that might look good in place of the egg, but for now I'm trying to decide if I should keep the egg.  

I posted some pics, but imo they stink.  Crappy lighting.  It looks better in person.   Constructive criticism welcome.  

ETA:  I'm looking for a new table runner but haven't found he right one yet.  The one on the table is from Dennis Basso. 

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4766.JPG

Here are the bunnies with a ceramic basket my mom made.  It has to be close to 40 yrs old.  

IMG_4759.JPG

And the pic I posted last time:

IMG_4689.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Received my mosaic egg...

@crazycockermom I think the mosaic egg looks great with your bunnies!  I received mine but haven't opened yet....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@crazycockermom I think the mosaic egg looks great with your bunnies!  I received mine but haven't opened yet....

Thanks!   What are you waiting for?   Open it!!  I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Everything is so pretty, including the egg.  But I like it best with your mother's basket.  What a special piece to have.  I think I would also like it best without the candles but I tend to keep things simple.  Any of those ways are beautiful, whatever you decide, enjoy!  Great job.

Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom

Is there another place you could display the bunnies? It seems like they are bigger in scale than the egg and throw off the vignette.

It looks like the bunnies are towering over the other items on the table. Do you have a sideboard in your dining room?

I love the old basket. You reminded me that I have one stashed away that needs to come out!

Do you have any VPH candle rings to add to the display? Maybe some colorful Easter grass placed under the bunnies would add another layer.

I like the egg! I have a mosaic vase that changes colors with a remote.

I have found nice runners at Home Goods for other holidays, but have not seen any Easter/Spring ones. Time for me to go back and check again!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

I like the bunnies with the egg, but my favorite is with your mom's basket......

I saw some Easter runners at Pier 1 but didnt price them.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite look is the one with your mom's basket.  However, all of the looks are nice, so whichever you choose will work.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom ....to add maybe framing the bunnies and the egg, etc with your candles on pillars.....P_20170324_174442.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo

<blockquote><hr>itsmetoo wrote:<br>
<p>Everything is so pretty, including the egg.&nbsp; But I like it best with your mother's basket.&nbsp; What a special piece to have.&nbsp; I think I would also like it best without the candles but I tend to keep things simple.&nbsp; Any of those ways are beautiful, whatever you decide, enjoy!&nbsp; Great job.</p>
<hr></blockquote>

Thank you for your opinion!  I surprisingly like it with my mom's basket too. I wasn't sure it would go but I unpacked it and it went pretty well. Even if my mom's basket doesn't get displayed with the bunnies, it will get displayed elsewhere with some other Easter items she made.  I'm very sentimental. Smiley Happy

ETA:  Not sure what happened with this post.  Sorry!  Hope its legible. I'm too tired to type it all out again. 

Respected Contributor

My vote is keep the mosaic egg, it looks awesome with your bunnies!