Trusted Contributor

Re: Received my CIJ purchase today

As contibutors, we need to keep in mind that the powers that be obviously pay attention to what is wished for in the posts on this forum.  Last year it was "We want more TRADITIONAL items instead of high-end looking items," and what did we get?  A lot of junk along with complaints that this was the worst CIJ in years.  One only needs to look at the Kringle Express offerings from last year versus this one to see what I'm talking about.  Next year, we'll see the most popular items that sold out this year return, except they'll be a couple dollars more each, because the styrofoam inside the box will be magnificent and cost more money. So, if Valerie, or the other powers that be are reading this, please note that I don't want to pay more money for pretty styrofoam next year. I'm a smart consumer who is quite capable of opening a box without destroying what's inside of it, and as long as your products show up intact, I'm quite pleased with the way you're packing them.  And please, more elegant, and less chintzy offerings next year.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

As contibutors, we need to keep in mind that the powers that be obviously pay attention to what is wished for in the posts on this forum.  Last year it was "We want more TRADITIONAL items instead of high-end looking items," and what did we get?  A lot of junk along with complaints that this was the worst CIJ in years.  One only needs to look at the Kringle Express offerings from last year versus this one to see what I'm talking about.  Next year, we'll see the most popular items that sold out this year return, except they'll be a couple dollars more each, because the styrofoam inside the box will be magnificent and cost more money. So, if Valerie, or the other powers that be are reading this, please note that I don't want to pay more money for pretty styrofoam next year. I'm a smart consumer who is quite capable of opening a box without destroying what's inside of it, and as long as your products show up intact, I'm quite pleased with the way you're packing them.  And please, more elegant, and less chintzy offerings next year.

@RazorSharp  Thank you for putting some of our thoughts into words and  hopefully, TPTB will pay attention  to the post.  I don't do traditional colors so I prefer some simple clean lines in decor.  We are not seeing many pieces in the way of elegant this year, IMO.  Oh, well, we can always find something that we want in our local areas. 

Hope it has cooled down in LR. Smiley Happy  It rained here yesterday a little and then the sun came back and it was like a steam room.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp  Thank you for putting some of our thoughts into words and  hopefully, TPTB will pay attention  to the post.  I don't do traditional colors so I prefer some simple clean lines in decor.  We are not seeing many pieces in the way of elegant this year, IMO.  Oh, well, we can always find something that we want in our local areas. 

Hope it has cooled down in LR. Smiley Happy  It rained here yesterday a little and then the sun came back and it was like a steam room.

Thanks, @lucymo.  I think it's important for all of us to speak up and give our opinions about things like this. so they are made aware that variety is the key.  

I'm still milling around doing some work from home and drinking coffee, but I took my dog out about an hour ago, and I noticed it was less humid than it's been the last few days.  The forecast keeps changing on a dime.  I usually enjoy the rain, just not the rainforest feeling it has after it's finished.  I feel like a lobster getting steamed in a pot!

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH@ @SHOPR  My Scroll Reindeer, as is H210268, have gone from 'in process' to back order.  I am disappointed because I haven't had much luck with back orders.  QVC always cancels them.

@lucymo  I'm sorry to hear that. We'll keep watching for them. There are bound to be some folks where it just doesnt fit their decor and will be returning so there is a good chance you will be high up on the list when they do come back.   Maybe you'll be able to get the silver ones.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH@ @SHOPR  My Scroll Reindeer, as is H210268, have gone from 'in process' to back order.  I am disappointed because I haven't had much luck with back orders.  QVC always cancels them.

@lucymo  I'm sorry to hear that. We'll keep watching for them. There are bound to be some folks where it just doesnt fit their decor and will be returning so there is a good chance you will be high up on the list when they do come back.   Maybe you'll be able to get the silver ones.

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  Never fear, zulily is here!  I hope you get the scroll, but believe me, zulily will have some wonderful deer if they stock like they did last year, scroll and otherwise.

Trusted Contributor

-@lucymo - It's H205346, Illuminated glitter tree by Valerie.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

-@lucymo - It's H205346, Illuminated glitter tree by Valerie.

@chlema  Thanks, I had forgotten about that one.  It is a pretty tree in both colors.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I'm sorry, but I find this post to be catty and petty. Someone posted here about what they thought was lacking in the packing materials, which indeed are sometimes quite inferior, and while no one has to agree with that opinion, I don't think this particular answer is at all called for. 

You are referring to a completely different thread, being snarky (as you were when you were rude to that poster in that particular forum, by telling her/him they "hadn't figured out how to open a box"), and seem to have some reason to reiterate it again.

I would hope we would save the passive aggressive snarkiness for the Community Forum, and be more supportive here. 

I'm guessing it is this kind of back biting that must have caused you to change your nic the last time. I'd prefer Home and Holiday not be confrontational, but I feel compelled to make a statement on this as it really isn't in the spirit of what many of us try to maintain in the Holiday forum.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I'm sorry, but I find this post to be catty and petty. Someone posted here about what they thought was lacking in the packing materials, which indeed are sometimes quite inferior, and while no one has to agree with that opinion, I don't think this particular answer is at all called for. 

You are referring to a completely different thread, being snarky (as you were when you were rude to that poster in that particular forum, by telling her/him they "hadn't figured out how to open a box"), and seem to have some reason to reiterate it again.

I would hope we would save the passive aggressive snarkiness for the Community Forum, and be more supportive here. 

I'm guessing it is this kind of back biting that must have caused you to change your nic the last time. I'd prefer Home and Holiday not be confrontational, but I feel compelled to make a statement on this as it really isn't in the spirit of what many of us try to maintain in the Holiday forum.

There's nothing snarky, catty or petty about my post.  It was about how we should all be sure to express our opinions here, so a balance of voices is heard.  Name calling, on the other hand, is unnecessary and rude.  You are quite free to express your own opinions here, too.  I promise I won't call you names or bite your head off if you do that.  If the other post in the other thread was intended to be snarky, I wouldn't have given a detailed, helpful description of how I open my boxes to help that poster with her future purchases.  Now, what was it you were saying about the "spirit of what many of us try to maintain in the Holiday forum?"

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH  It's ok.  They did this to me last year on some picks and clip on ornaments and I didn't receive any of them, they just canceled them without a word.  I have enough Reindeer so I'll be ok.  lol