Honored Contributor

Re: Received my CIJ purchase today

@MTH wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I received my Jim Shore purchases Woman Very HappyHeartHeartHeart 

@SHOPR  In another post you said you ordered the rotating animals with the snowman....I ordered it too, this piece is just absolutately ADORABLE!!!  The details are just wonderful!!!!  I love it!!! I hope your happy with yours too....I may have to do some rearranging of some pieces to give him a prominent place!!!

The winter angel with animals was very nicel!!!  Love the angel and her critter friends....she will make a nice piece when Christmas is over and I just want a wintry but not Christmasy scene......

The odd thing was the pint sized snowman and pint sized angel.  They came in a large cardboard box with 2 smaller boxes---but the pieces just had styrofoam forms around them with a blue tape that said Jim Shore Heartwood Creek, but there was no usual Heartwood Creek box----since the angel was a gift I'm going to have to find a nicer box to put her in since the box she came in was covered with tons of tape!!!  That pint size snowamn is so CUTE---can't wait to put him out!!!   The pint size angel was very cute and I know my friend will love her!

The angel with bells looked like a return the way the pink foam pieces to protect her face and wings were oddly positioned and the tape around the styrofoam protection was yellowed ---  other than that she was in perfect condition!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a beautiful face and the details on her gown and garland just wonderfully done!!!

I was very happy with my Jim Shore pieces!!!  Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy  I didn't order anything else---

@Spurt  I'm so happy you love your JS pieces. I didn't get any this time from his show on the Q but there are a few pieces on his website I'm eyeing so I still  may get a piece (or 2) from there at some point.  You mentioned several pieces coming without boxes and I have found that with some of the "pint sized" pieces. They just don't put them in a box anymore.  They come that way even from the JS website.  Some of them actually say there is no box in the descriptions now.  Unfortunate if you want to gift it, but guess they are trying to save money whereever possible.

@MTH  Thanks for the info MTH on the box issue for the pint sized pieces.  That's a good idea I think all retailers that sell Jim Shore should indicate whether or not it comes with a box on the pint size items....make it mandatory.  It does seem to be hit or miss I read QVC's description and it did not include that info.  I ordered another pint size angel from Jim's website a few months ago for my sis, it was a pint size angel holding a cat, and I got it for her when her kitty passed away---that one came with a box.  It is a bit of a bummer if it's a gift but I guess I can find one at the Dollar Store or Hobby Lobby---but it doesn't matter if it's for me I can make do with the box they shipped it in to store it and if I can save a few bucks in the process then good for me---Woman Very Happy  Thanks again for the info I learned something new as I always seem to do with the people on the HOME Forums ! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I got my VPH set of 3 illuminated glitter wax trees. They are very pretty but one of the medium trees had the entire tip of a branch broken off. The large tree doesn't even light up. So I'll be returning them tomorrow.  Just another damaged product going back to the 
Q.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Graceful Reindeer Figurine Set

@MTH  How's this for a different set of deer.  Metal.  $16.99 Zulily.

@lucymo Wow..those are different but I think I like the ones from the Q better.  Not sure what it is about those scroll deer but I may actually like them better than the pedestals....(did I say that out loud????  LOL)

@MTH  I'm now anxious to get the scroll deer that I wasn't interested in.  Smiley Happy   Consider your enabling  successful.  LOL   If they are nicer than the pedestals then I will love them because I think the pedestals are really nice.

@lucymo  They are just different. The scroll work ones are more rustic looking so its hard to compare them in that respect but they are actually larger than the pedestal ones too so they have a nice presence.  I think you will be happy with them.  I'm just curious as to how the gold coloring is compared to the silver.

@MTH  I will post back when mine arrive but it will be at least a week.  The silver looked a little bit champagne in the pictures but more silver in the on air shots.  I liked them too.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

Just received the 14" illuminated glitter tree by Valerie.  Boy is it nice - and heavy to boot.  Very pretty when it is lit.  Don't know yet where I'll place it but I'm sure I'll figure it out lol.

Which one is it @chlema?  I know she has some glitter trees in sets but maybe I missed this one.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo Wow..those are different but I think I like the ones from the Q better.  Not sure what it is about those scroll deer but I may actually like them better than the pedestals....(did I say that out loud????  LOL)

@MTH  I'm now anxious to get the scroll deer that I wasn't interested in.  Smiley Happy   Consider your enabling  successful.  LOL   If they are nicer than the pedestals then I will love them because I think the pedestals are really nice.

@lucymo  They are just different. The scroll work ones are more rustic looking so its hard to compare them in that respect but they are actually larger than the pedestal ones too so they have a nice presence.  I think you will be happy with them.  I'm just curious as to how the gold coloring is compared to the silver.

@MTH  I will post back when mine arrive but it will be at least a week.  The silver looked a little bit champagne in the pictures but more silver in the on air shots.  I liked them too.

@lucymo  The silver definitely have more champagne in them. Hard to explain but I put them next to some of my Lisa Robertson picks and they match the champagne color better than the silver. The silver deer aren't bright and shiny like the silver picks so it shows up more on the champagne side.  I am curious as to both you and SHOPR's  take on the gold when you get them.   I'll keep checking and see if I can pick up another set too.  

Trusted Contributor

I received my H208752 15" Illuminated Gem Tree by Valerie in Silver today.  The piece is very beautiful and very vibrant when lit.  My only complaint is that the star on top of the tree does not receive the lights from the base, so while most of the tree is bright and shiny, you can't even see the star at the top when the lights are low.  I may take an old set of microlights, trim off all the lights with the exception to the one light closest to the lead cord, affix that light to the rear of the star, and hide the battery pack somewhere in the display.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  What keys did you tell me to push for the search feature on zulily?  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Just type what you're searching for in the search box and hit enter key.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  The silver definitely have more champagne in them. Hard to explain but I put them next to some of my Lisa Robertson picks and they match the champagne color better than the silver. The silver deer aren't bright and shiny like the silver picks so it shows up more on the champagne side.  I am curious as to both you and SHOPR's  take on the gold when you get them.   I'll keep checking and see if I can pick up another set too.  

@MTH  We really have to stalk 'as is' to grab the deer, don't we?  Apparently everyone wants them.  Valerie always brings in at least one set of Reindeer and they always sell out with more people asking her to bring them back because they missed out.  I wonder if she will bring in more deer closer to Christmas since they are such sure sellouts.  Lord have mercy, lets hope not though.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  Just type what you're searching for in the search box and hit enter key.

@lucymo  Thank you. Smiley Happy  I was using that, but along with another key.