Honored Contributor

Re: Received my CIJ purchase today

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I received the new VPH Mosaic Spheres in Silver today, and they are beautiful.  They are a pure white, not a warm white light, which I really like.  The only downside is that they take 3 AAA not AA batteries (as advertised), and that bodes very poorly for longevity considering it's a 6 hour timer.  

@RazorSharp  I canceled my order for the spheres when I read that they don't twinkle.  I really like them to twinkle. 

@lucymo I hear ya.  I actually prefer my year-round lit items to not twinkle, because I associate the twinkle with the holidays.  

I understand your thinking.  I have the first spheres that Valerie brought to QVC in gold and silver and they don't twinkle so I do use them from time to time  during the year.  Right now I'm going through my storage room trying to downsize my stash of Christmas and harvest decor.  It's like having a root canal to put anything in the donation box anymore.  I've already donated a lot but I clearly still have too much.  I need to just keep what I can use and then It wouldn't take so long to decorate because I'm deciding what  to use.

Enjoy your spheres, I know they're beautiful.  Do you plan to do the basket idea at Christmas?

@lucymo I'm not sure just yet if I'll do the basket idea.  I'll have to find the right basket, and I'll have to get the right picks, too.  I don't want to use my existing white cedar picks, because those are earmarked for my other displays. I would love to find flocked white pine branches to rest them on.  That would be ideal.

@RazorSharp  Well, I know you'll find something that works well with them.  Who knows, maybe some of us  will find some ideal branches or picks before  time to decorate.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I received the new VPH Mosaic Spheres in Silver today, and they are beautiful.  They are a pure white, not a warm white light, which I really like.  The only downside is that they take 3 AAA not AA batteries (as advertised), and that bodes very poorly for longevity considering it's a 6 hour timer.  

@RazorSharp  I canceled my order for the spheres when I read that they don't twinkle.  I really like them to twinkle. 

@lucymo I hear ya.  I actually prefer my year-round lit items to not twinkle, because I associate the twinkle with the holidays.  

I understand your thinking.  I have the first spheres that Valerie brought to QVC in gold and silver and they don't twinkle so I do use them from time to time  during the year.  Right now I'm going through my storage room trying to downsize my stash of Christmas and harvest decor.  It's like having a root canal to put anything in the donation box anymore.  I've already donated a lot but I clearly still have too much.  I need to just keep what I can use and then It wouldn't take so long to decorate because I'm deciding what  to use.

Enjoy your spheres, I know they're beautiful.  Do you plan to do the basket idea at Christmas?

@lucymo  LOL re root canal!  I know what you mean. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Yes, you would understand.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH  Today I received the Reindeer Pedestals with candle, H208848. I really like them and couldn't find anything to fuss about.  Checking timers now.  They have a really nice satin finish with the glittered collar. I'll probably remove the bell, it's a little chintzy.

I also received the Glittered Faceted Drop Candle Rings H208717.  Mine are really nice  and I think they will look great when all fluffed up with a candle.  I haven't put them on a holder yet just fluffed them a bit.

@lucymo  So glad you are happy with both your items.  I knew you'd like the deer. So far my timers seem to be working fine and I'm gonna leave the batteries in to see how the battery life is.  I put them in my spare room for now.  I also have to say I love the scroll deer I got during Valerie's July 1st show. I do see that some of them have popped back in stock and you may want to check them out again. Sorry to be an enabler, but I really do love those too.  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

My scroll trumpeting angels arrived yesterday and I finally unpacked them this morning.  Another win.  I'm very pleased with them.  They are the perfect height for my mantel, and true to the description they do only have a little bit of glitter  The color is almost more a pewter than silver which works well for me as well.  Right now I have them sitting on my mantel next to my chocolate candle pedestels and they're perfect together.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH  Today I received the Reindeer Pedestals with candle, H208848. I really like them and couldn't find anything to fuss about.  Checking timers now.  They have a really nice satin finish with the glittered collar. I'll probably remove the bell, it's a little chintzy.

I also received the Glittered Faceted Drop Candle Rings H208717.  Mine are really nice  and I think they will look great when all fluffed up with a candle.  I haven't put them on a holder yet just fluffed them a bit.

My candle rings are much improved since when I first opened them.  I do believe that the excessive heat in the UPS truck was responsible for them being sticky and dull.  I can't imagine getting candles delivered in this heat!  They'd be was lumps.  The boxes delivered this week were actually hot to the touch.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  So glad you are happy with both your items.  I knew you'd like the deer. So far my timers seem to be working fine and I'm gonna leave the batteries in to see how the battery life is.  I put them in my spare room for now.  I also have to say I love the scroll deer I got during Valerie's July 1st show. I do see that some of them have popped back in stock and you may want to check them out again. Sorry to be an enabler, but I really do love those too.  Woman Very Happy

I've seen the silver deer in 'as is' but not the gold.  I don't think I need any more right now.  Sorry your enabling hit a blank.  LOL 

The timers on my deer pedestals turned off last night so we'll see if they do that for a few days.  I love that satin finish in champagne.  They really are very good quality and the way Valerie's items has gone down in quality of late, I was surprised to see that.  I do think I'll remove the bell though, maybe it's just me but I think it looks a little cheap compared to the deer.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

My candle rings are much improved since when I first opened them.  I do believe that the excessive heat in the UPS truck was responsible for them being sticky and dull.  I can't imagine getting candles delivered in this heat!  They'd be was lumps.  The boxes delivered this week were actually hot to the touch.

@Buck-i-Nana  My candle rings are fine.  I couldn't wait to open them after I read your post.  I'm so glad yours settled down and look good.  I will get the swag today, I think.  I only ordered one, usually get two, but I plan to use on the DR table and one will work.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp  Am I wrong or did you mention that you ordered and received H210265, set of two Ornament Cone Trees?

I grabbed a set in gold this morning from 'as is' and I'm hoping that you did get a silver set and was pleased with them.  TIA

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I advance ordered a few food items, but I also ordered the Irish Nativity set, which arrived today. 

I love it. The Connemarra marble base is nice and the nativity pieces are pretty and in a cute box. It's for a friend who collects nativities. No way will she already have this one. 

Its on waitlist now, but if you were on the fence about it, I am very pleased with it. I recommend it. 

Hi @gidgetgh, if possible, would you please post the item number of  the Irish Nativity set that you just received?  I have tried searching for it, but I have not found it yet.  Thank you in advance.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp  Am I wrong or did you mention that you ordered and received H210265, set of two Ornament Cone Trees?

I grabbed a set in gold this morning from 'as is' and I'm hoping that you did get a silver set and was pleased with them.  TIA

@lucymo I did get a set in Silver, and I absolutely adore them!  They look fantastic both lit and unlit, and have 2 very distinct looks in each mode.  When I saw that they were coming back As Is, I started looking at my photos of last year's displays to see where I could fit in more sets of these.  I could probably phase out some glitter cone trees that I use in the display on my kitchen sideboard, and use 2 sets of these instead.  I just need to catch them when they pop up As Is.  I haven't seen them come back in Silver yet.  Just gold and red.