Trusted Contributor

Re: Received my CIJ purchase today

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

I received my reindeer pedestals today. I ordered the champagne. I was a little worried at first as it was obvious the box was opened previously. Not sure why, as I thought this was a new item, but all is well. Checking the timers today but I love them.  

@MTH  my deer are scheduled for Friday delivery via Smart Post.  I'm glad you like yours as I hope I will as well.  

Are you getting the TSV trees?  I wish we had the option of clear bulbs for the white.  Maybe I could replace them if I could find the clear on eBay.

@lucymo  I think you will love the deer. I think they look great especially with the champagne on the candle. The candle does have some glitter that scattered on the upper part of the candle, but I may try to wipe it down. If it doesn't all come off, its not enough to bother me. 

As far as the TSV, DH made a green one when he was a kid so I have a beautiful one that is super bright and pretty tall.  I was hoping to pick up the white one but I did not buy the TSV mostly because of the lights. They just don't look that bright to me although they say they are "super bright LEDs" and I also think the white one would look much more elegant with clear lights.  I may change my mind at some point,. today, but so far I'm just not sold on it yet.   I didn't go back and read some of the other posts so i hope I'm  not asking something you probably already answered, but did you get the TSV??

@MTH

I have both colors on order so if I don't cancel I will replace the bulbs with clear in the white.  I'll wait for them to arrive so I can be sure of the size of the bulbs.  I looked and thought most of the colors looked bright enough.  Yours is probably a plug in and they were bright and hot too.  lol  We always put something under ours so as not to ruin the table. Maybe we had too high wattage bulb in it.   I don't know what happened to ours but being a military family and moving, storing a lot, who knows.  We lost a lot of stuff through the years. 

Was there a note from QVC in your deer package saying it was opened for quality check?  I have seen that in some of my packages through the years.  I can't wait to see them.

@lucymo  My older tree is a  plug in but I always put it in my bedroom and haven't had a problem with it being to hot for the table.  It is brighter for sure and I guess you're right that the plug ins are brighter.  I do like the white and am still thinking about it.  That's too bad about possibly losing things during moves. My MIL had made a huge tree like this with snow on the branches and when she passed away we thought it was too huge to keep and store so we got rid of it. Now I'm kicking myself.  She had so many ceramics that she made over the years and I kept quite a few pieces that spoke to me, but that is the one thing I really messed up on.  At least I still have my husband's tho. I really love it and he laughs at me every year for displaying it but I enjoy having it out.  I'll let you know if I cave.  

Cain't wait to you get your reindeer. I don't believe there was a note in there for quality control but guess you could be right about that. I will look further tonight. I took it out at work so I'll formally unpack everything tonight.

Honored Contributor

I am way behind everyone.  I just made my first CIJ purchase.  The set of two jingle bell trees from Dennis Basso.  I got the red and green.  

Respected Contributor

More deliveries today.  My ED punched metal stars arrived.  LOVE THEM.  I think one of the 2 was a return though.  The chain was wrapped up really squirrely and taped beyond belief (almost like someone was angry!), the top point on the side you remove to get to the battery box is bent, the other side at that point is also bent.  The battery box was ajar inside the star as well.  Pondering whether to send back for a replacement.

My waterford crystal/connemara marble hurricane arrived to and it's exquisite.  It was packaged beautifully.  It's quite heavy too.  The base I chose was the gray mist, but it looks more like the traditional green but that's fine with me.

Trusted Contributor

I received the new VPH Mosaic Spheres in Silver today, and they are beautiful.  They are a pure white, not a warm white light, which I really like.  The only downside is that they take 3 AAA not AA batteries (as advertised), and that bodes very poorly for longevity considering it's a 6 hour timer.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I received the new VPH Mosaic Spheres in Silver today, and they are beautiful.  They are a pure white, not a warm white light, which I really like.  The only downside is that they take 3 AAA not AA batteries (as advertised), and that bodes very poorly for longevity considering it's a 6 hour timer.  

@RazorSharp  I canceled my order for the spheres when I read that they don't twinkle.  I really like them to twinkle. 

Honored Contributor

@MTH  Today I received the Reindeer Pedestals with candle, H208848. I really like them and couldn't find anything to fuss about.  Checking timers now.  They have a really nice satin finish with the glittered collar. I'll probably remove the bell, it's a little chintzy.

I also received the Glittered Faceted Drop Candle Rings H208717.  Mine are really nice  and I think they will look great when all fluffed up with a candle.  I haven't put them on a holder yet just fluffed them a bit.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp  I canceled my order for the spheres when I read that they don't twinkle.  I really like them to twinkle. 

@lucymo I hear ya.  I actually prefer my year-round lit items to not twinkle, because I associate the twinkle with the holidays.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo I hear ya.  I actually prefer my year-round lit items to not twinkle, because I associate the twinkle with the holidays.  

I understand your thinking.  I have the first spheres that Valerie brought to QVC in gold and silver and they don't twinkle so I do use them from time to time  during the year.  Right now I'm going through my storage room trying to downsize my stash of Christmas and harvest decor.  It's like having a root canal to put anything in the donation box anymore.  I've already donated a lot but I clearly still have too much.  I need to just keep what I can use and then It wouldn't take so long to decorate because I'm deciding what  to use.

Enjoy your spheres, I know they're beautiful.  Do you plan to do the basket idea at Christmas?

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

I understand your thinking.  I have the first spheres that Valerie brought to QVC in gold and silver and they don't twinkle so I do use them from time to time  during the year.  Right now I'm going through my storage room trying to downsize my stash of Christmas and harvest decor.  It's like having a root canal to put anything in the donation box anymore.  I've already donated a lot but I clearly still have too much.  I need to just keep what I can use and then It wouldn't take so long to decorate because I'm deciding what  to use.

Enjoy your spheres, I know they're beautiful.  Do you plan to do the basket idea at Christmas?

@lucymo I'm not sure just yet if I'll do the basket idea.  I'll have to find the right basket, and I'll have to get the right picks, too.  I don't want to use my existing white cedar picks, because those are earmarked for my other displays. I would love to find flocked white pine branches to rest them on.  That would be ideal.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo  LOL re root canal!  I know what you mean. Smiley Happy