Honored Contributor

Re: Received My Kaleidoscope Trees ~ Review

@froggy wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Well, I am not happy that the blush isn’t a true blush.  I have it operating now but no question I will be returning it.  I will keep the silver since I had to return my defective tree last year.  The one thing that stands out to me is the main light source is way to predominant at the bottom of the tree compared to the tree I returned.  Don’t mean to be a Debbie-Downer but last year’s was a better tree IMO.  

@BornToShop  I am sorry it isn't the pink you were expecting, but I was relieved that it wasn't as I don't think it would have fit in here, but when David mentioned copper, I went ahead and bought it, very pretty on the multi feature, wish they were on timers, big pain to have to get out of bed and turn it off, will have DH at least put a bar on the table so I don't have to get down practically on the ground to unplug it, should have been a turn on/off switch on the cord, wonder why Valerie didn't have this done.

@mousiegirl

I am going to put mine on a timer. I'll get an extension cord, put a timer on it and plug two trees into the extension. I have gotten really lazy.

@froggy  You just reminded me that I have a timer I bought here, three plug in items can be set on timer on it, yay!

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Well, I am not happy that the blush isn’t a true blush.  I have it operating now but no question I will be returning it.  I will keep the silver since I had to return my defective tree last year.  The one thing that stands out to me is the main light source is way to predominant at the bottom of the tree compared to the tree I returned.  Don’t mean to be a Debbie-Downer but last year’s was a better tree IMO.  

@BornToShop I agree that the lights were better in last year's tree.  This tree doesn't even light all the way to the top, but I do like the white choice.  I just wish it were better.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop  I am sorry it isn't the pink you were expecting, but I was relieved that it wasn't as I don't think it would have fit in here, but when David mentioned copper, I went ahead and bought it, very pretty on the multi feature, wish they were on timers, big pain to have to get out of bed and turn it off, will have DH at least put a bar on the table so I don't have to get down practically on the ground to unplug it, should have been a turn on/off switch on the cord, wonder why Valerie didn't have this done.

@mousiegirl

I am going to put mine on a timer. I'll get an extension cord, put a timer on it and plug two trees into the extension. I have gotten really lazy.

@froggy  It just dawned on me that it isn't a timer I have, it is a remote, which is fine as I will keep it on the nightstand to turn the tree off.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop I agree that the lights were better in last year's tree.  This tree doesn't even light all the way to the top, but I do like the white choice.  I just wish it were better.

After setting up my green tree last night so that we could see it illuminating the darkened dining room while we watched TV in the living room, I noticed that the multi lightshow does go all the way to the top but the white lightshow does not. In addition, the mechanics at the base of the tree are barely visible in the multi show but quite noticeable in the white show, depending on your angle of view. Very interesting.

But all that said, I am just in love with this tree and cannot wait to get its "brothers" in the next day or two. I'm pretty sure I'll be playing around with them for at least a few weeks rather than putting them away until November. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

why is it called "blush" when it's really copper? I don't think the color of copper is associated with Christmas all that much.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

why is it called "blush" when it's really copper? I don't think the color of copper is associated with Christmas all that much.

@FuzzyFace  Copper works very well in gingerbread displays.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

After setting up my green tree last night so that we could see it illuminating the darkened dining room while we watched TV in the living room, I noticed that the multi lightshow does go all the way to the top but the white lightshow does not. In addition, the mechanics at the base of the tree are barely visible in the multi show but quite noticeable in the white show, depending on your angle of view. Very interesting.

But all that said, I am just in love with this tree and cannot wait to get its "brothers" in the next day or two. I'm pretty sure I'll be playing around with them for at least a few weeks rather than putting them away until November. Smiley Happy

@loriqvc  The multi lights go to the top in the copper also, not calling it blush any longer.  Do you find the lights on the green tree to be more blue or show a lot of blue?  During the presentation it looked that way.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@froggy  I finally found a picture of my crystal trees in my archives. I would love to see your crystal bowls.....I know they are just beautiful.

I cannot wait to mix these with my Valerie trees......so love to dream. Ha.

Q-Crystal RB.jpg

@Regal Bee

I forgot to ask - what pattern are your Christmas tree plates. I love them.

@froggy  We have those plates too. The pattern is 'Johnson Brothers Green Christmas Tree Old Britian Castles'. HTH Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

@froggy  I finally found a picture of my crystal trees in my archives. I would love to see your crystal bowls.....I know they are just beautiful.

I cannot wait to mix these with my Valerie trees......so love to dream. Ha.

Q-Crystal RB.jpg

@Regal Bee

I forgot to ask - what pattern are your Christmas tree plates. I love them.

@froggy  We have those plates too. The pattern is 'Johnson Brothers Green Christmas Tree Old Britian Castles'. HTH Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Thx! I found some on eBay.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl - I'd say there's a good mix of colors on the multi setting; the appearance actually seems to change just a bit depending on the side of the tree you're viewing. I think you can definitely still tell it's a green tree while the lightshow is going, so perhaps that appeared as a cooler tone (like blue) on air.

Honestly, I cannot believe how pleased I am with this tree--that hasn't happened with a Q purchase in awhile! I feel like a kid as I wait for the sun to fully set so I can enjoy the lightshow again... Smiley Wink