Honored Contributor

Re: Received My Kaleidoscope Trees ~ Review

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I can't believe it!  My tree showed up today, too.  I never, ever get items this quickly.  The blush looks copper when unlit, gold when lit with white and pink when lit with multi.  I'll post a picture with the blush beside a chocolate pedestal so you have something to see for comparison.

719D5392-971E-428A-9F2C-1F7ECEF32CEF.jpeg

864B7B1A-D755-4634-BBC8-56B9D4B59AD8.jpeg

@Marsha2003  My blush did also, but has sticky styrofoam stuck to the point, so have to return it.  On the computer, your lit blush looks so different than mine did when I tested it, not nearly the shocking fuschia.

Super Contributor

@Marsha2003

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a picture. It's lovely.

@mousiegirl

I knew it was you lol! I really do love it though. If you run across it again let me know, I've had several people ask about it too.

Respected Contributor

Oh no!  I was not going to buy any new Christmas decor this year.  I have so much I do not use it all and am definitely in the downsizing process, but after reading your comments on these trees, I have to have them!  Darn it!.  Can''t decide between the sliver or the green, will have to think about  where I can use them

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I can't believe it!  My tree showed up today, too.  I never, ever get items this quickly.  The blush looks copper when unlit, gold when lit with white and pink when lit with multi.  I'll post a picture with the blush beside a chocolate pedestal so you have something to see for comparison.

@Marsha2003 - Thanks so much for posting these photos! I really dislike pink, so I didn't give the blush tree a second thought. The colors really do tend toward copper, which is lovely.

I was going to get the gold, but when it was lit, it looked really brassy and yellow (despite the fact that the presenters kept saying it didn't), so I passed on that color as well and went with green.

If anyone has the gold, could you post photos like these for comparison? THANKS in advance!

Esteemed Contributor

P.S. I'm getting the first of my green trees tomorrow, so I'll try to post photos of it this weekend...

Frequent Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

No way is that Blush.... I wonder who gave them their color names.  Way off base on this one.  Now I want the blush.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad I cancelled the order for the Blush and went with silver.  No way is that blush.  That's copper.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee

@Marsha2003

Thanks so much for your reviews and pics of the blush trees. 

Copper is probably my favorite metal color for decorating and I'm always looking to add a touch of it here or there.  It's good that this is a tree that will coordinate with fall items.

The problem is, I was actually wanting and needing my blush tree to be pink or pinky-peach.  I had a specific place in mind for the blush, and only to use around Christmas as a nightlight.  

I'll get mine today and report back on what color it appears. 

I had heard several hosts mention copper in their descriptions, but then I heard Valerie say, when asked by Mary Beth to describe blush, that it was a peach-pink, leaning more peach than pink, with a slight hint of champagne.  She didn't say copper.

Oh well.  Then there's the potential for these to all be slightly different in tone.  Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR Perhaps the tree will look more peachy pink if placed against a peachy pink background since the tree has a reflective surface.  My pictures were taken with a beige-ish background and wood surface which may have influenced the color when unlit.  I think the white light bleaches out all of the colors to some degree making most of the tree seem like it's shadow and light rather than a color...except at the very tip top.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, I definitely understand about the tree color disappearing with the white light, much like with our lit pedestals (which I don't light) and other lit mercury glass items.  I'm ok with that and even with the multi light causing some different-than-expected color tone to appear, but it's during the daytime that I'm hoping it appears more pink and not copper.  The bathroom wall is a pale green, so who knows what effect, if any, that might have on the unlit tree color. 

Thanks for your thoughts.  I appreciate them as always.