Valued Contributor

Re: Received My Autumn Beauty Candle Rings Today.....

[ Edited ]

lucymo, they look very good, the copper tones threw me in the beginning but I am keeping mine.  They look good with fall color.  Mine look about like yours.

Your husband is funny he needs to go shopping for prices.

Honored Contributor

I've decided to keep mine.  I played around with it and got the acorms on the bottom more on top.  I do love it with the honey mirage candle & chocolate VPH pedestals.  

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

100_2809.jpg

They came today.  I played with it a little bit.  Some of the leaves need a press cloth and warm iron but not sure if I will keep it anyway.  DH said if I paid more than $5 for them I got short changed.  Smiley Happy

Wow! No bald spots on yours.  You lucked out in that respect.

@Marsha2003  Sorry, my picture is so dark, I forgot to adjust the camera.  The two rings that I got looked pretty much hopeless out of the box but I think with some adjusting and pressing they can be presentable.  Still not sure about the colors and materials though.  When I have time today I'm going to work on them and see what I can do and if I want them or not.  I told you guys that the missing pieces on yours were added to mine.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I've decided to keep mine.  I played around with it and got the acorms on the bottom more on top.  I do love it with the honey mirage candle & chocolate VPH pedestals.  

@Pecky

That is how I'm using mine while deciding about keeping them. Brown pedestals and honey Mirage.

Those honey candles make any other candle for fall look rather lame. They are just perfect for all the fall shades, not as dark as a brown would be, and much more interesting than a plain cream or ivory. I liked them so much I ordered a second set.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@Pecky

That is how I'm using mine while deciding about keeping them. Brown pedestals and honey Mirage.

Those honey candles make any other candle for fall look rather lame. They are just perfect for all the fall shades, not as dark as a brown would be, and much more interesting than a plain cream or ivory. I liked them so much I ordered a second set.

@Mominohio  I almost bought those, but I have the Luminara Country Wax in ivory which has brown speckles all over, love this, and the Country Wax chocolate, in addition to the regular Luminara candles in an autumn color in a golden yellow color, can't describe it, but looks great on the Fall table, and their recent TSV in chocolate, so decided I am set re candles for the Fall.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@Pecky

@Mominohio  I almost bought those, but I have the Luminara Country Wax in ivory which has brown speckles all over, love this, and the Country Wax chocolate, in addition to the regular Luminara candles in an autumn color in a golden yellow color, can't describe it, but looks great on the Fall table, and their recent TSV in chocolate, so decided I am set re candles for the Fall.

@mousiegirlI totally agree with you about the honey color candle.  It is just a perfect beautiful fall candle.  I would of ordered another set, but they sold out!! Glad you were able to get another set. Enjoy them !

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoy reading about how all of you are using your candle rings ~ and whether or not you plan to keep them! 

@Marsha2003 ~ Your pictures look good!  It also looks/sounds like others had the same issue I had.  I am going to keep mine as I have been displaying them since I got them.

@lucymo ~ My three garlands arrived yesterday!  They came in three separate boxes and one of the boxes wasn't even taped closed!  Luckily the garland was still there and although I haven't had time to take them out of the plastic wrapping, what I can see does look really good!

@His Elk ~ I think you mentioned you purchased the stackable flameless pumpkin candles by Valerie?  I also got a set of each color and really like them!  They really are done very nice!  I especially like the lines that are throughout each pumpkin so they look more realistic.  :-)

I went to a local antique shop this morning.  It was so nice to see all of the fall items displayed.  I came home with an old silver set of owl salt & pepper shakers (I like to decorate with the vintage ones) and a 1969 blow mold of a jack-o-lantern in a witches hat. 

Turns out I ordered quite a bit of harvest items from QVC and I'm really very pleased with everything!  Now the bills will start rolling in...........lol!  :-)

Respected Contributor

@Julie928 yes I ordered a set if orange and a set of white 3 stackable pumpkins.  I love them so much that I ended up ordering another set of the orange which came yesterday.

I decided to use the 2 smaller ones and stack them on the Valerie lighted TSV pedestals I got.  I loved them so much that I got 4 sets (green, brown, silver and teal blue).  They look very nice lit on top of the pedestals.  I'm not sure how I plan on using the bigger ones and the white set yet.  The white set is off white during the day and when lit, they gave a lighter orange glow than the orange ones do, but they are lovely.  I may end up mixing them up with one another.

For now, they are back in their boxes until the beginning of Sept when I begin fall decor.

Sounds like you found some nice goodies at the antique shop. 

I really enjoy reading here, although I'm probably spending too much.  The ideas here are great and love we can share with one another.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I really enjoy reading about how all of you are using your candle rings ~ and whether or not you plan to keep them! 

@Marsha2003 ~ Your pictures look good!  It also looks/sounds like others had the same issue I had.  I am going to keep mine as I have been displaying them since I got them.

@lucymo ~ My three garlands arrived yesterday!  They came in three separate boxes and one of the boxes wasn't even taped closed!  Luckily the garland was still there and although I haven't had time to take them out of the plastic wrapping, what I can see does look really good!

@His Elk ~ I think you mentioned you purchased the stackable flameless pumpkin candles by Valerie?  I also got a set of each color and really like them!  They really are done very nice!  I especially like the lines that are throughout each pumpkin so they look more realistic.  :-)

I went to a local antique shop this morning.  It was so nice to see all of the fall items displayed.  I came home with an old silver set of owl salt & pepper shakers (I like to decorate with the vintage ones) and a 1969 blow mold of a jack-o-lantern in a witches hat. 

Turns out I ordered quite a bit of harvest items from QVC and I'm really very pleased with everything!  Now the bills will start rolling in...........lol!  :-)

@Julie928  I'm glad your garlands arrived safe.  Some of the packages look like they played kick football  with them but amazingly most make it in one piece.

I received the infamous candle rings yesterday.  I don't like the colors or the mix of materials but I worked a little with them and they may have a few possibilities.  Honestly, they look better, to me,  placed on a flat surface than they do on a pedestal.  I ordered some rust Eucalyptus rings  from Christmas Tree Hill  and I think they look great. @SHOPR & @Mominohio have them & love them.  Check them out.  LOL 

I also received the set of three Mosaic Hurricanes of Valeries and they are beautiful.  A little more see through, in Amber, than I realized but gorgeous decor.  Packed very well too.

I'm waiting for my Plow & Hearth mosaic Gourd and Pumpkin to come in.  So far, all good reviews on those.  Did you order them?

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo ~ I didn't order those, but they sure look beautiful!  I've bought so much I'm really trying hard to work with everything I now have but we'll see how long that mindset lasts, lol!

I ordered the set of 4 whimsical swirl design trees by Valerie a few days ago (H210267) as is.  I never ordered anything as is before so I'm a little scared to open the box (they arrived today).  I thought they would look nice with the gingerbread birdhouses I just bought.  I'll post back after I open them....  :-)