Honored Contributor

Re: Received My Autumn Beauty Candle Rings Today.....

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 emailed me these photos of her candle rings to show the details. Sharing them for others who may be interested.

Marsha, I think it looks good inside your lantern.  The materials don't look good up close, but the rings seem to show up in a good way in the lantern.  Thanks for the pics!

These are in much better shape than the ones I received, wrinkle wise. Some of my leaves are so scrunched. 

I see the gap in these runs pretty consistent. It is nearly impossible to work pieces over that gap to cover/disguise it, because like others have mentioned, most of the things are plastic, and not on wires, so the won't stay where you bend them. 

Don't you wonder who is quality controlling these things? 

Does look nice in the lantern though!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

Just went shopping today to a gift shop called Christmas Tree Hill and ended up finding some really nice candle rings that look very similar to the ones that the poster mominohio showed pictures of.  I just can't remember the place she suggested.

They were only 7.99 each and they are various colors of eucalyptus and fit the VPH pedestals much better. 

After finding them, I've packaged up the candle rings to take to the post office and return.  Mine were so messed up from being in a too small box, so they are going back as I'm just not even close to happy with them.

This is a beautiful gift shop and probably way too close to me to do damage. 

@HisElk1, I ordered the same eucalyptus rings from Christmas Tree Hill's website, along with a few other items.  I am pleased with everything I got, and the packaging was excellent.  How exciting that you were able to visit their store.  How fun.  

@SHOPR @HisElk

I'm really glad others are liking those eucalyptus rings, and that same company comes out with a number of other well made rings for such a great price. The place I buy from has them for between $6 and $12 depending on the type and size, and it is relatively local so no shipping and I see the items first, which I love.

Makes the VPH rings all the more frustrating. Often a very good premise, but not executed well, and too much money for the quality. 

I have my Autumn rings out right now, and not happy at all with the gaps in them and the wrinkles. Still contemplating why I should have to remake a product I've paid full price and shipping for. That is for things found at garage sales and thrift stores, not brand new VPH items. I guess if we don't return and stop accepting inferior products, we will keep getting the same thing from them.

@Mominohio  You are absolutely right about keeping inferior products.  I'm really fed up with their shipping practices,  bad merchandise, and vague descriptions of the products.  Here I haven't even received the candle rings but I already know I don't want them.  I would not keep @Marsha2003 ring in the picture. It is definitely missing some materials.  I only have the Plow & Hearth pumpkin and gourd left to ship and I'm thinking of taking a break from QVC after more than twenty years.  You do believe me, don't you?  LOL

Did you ever get all of your BL greenery?  It has been so busy on here that I think I've missed some of the posts.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

@Julie928 wrote:

and wanted to give my opinion of them, as well as find out how all of you like yours.  This is for item # H208918 by Valerie.  Okay, one of the wreaths (as I call them) has no leaves, acorns, anything on one section on one side of it.  There is no way to fluff it up as the existing stems that are there are too short to stretch over.  I've decided to place that one on top of a larger birds nest I have and place a concrete bird inside of it.  Looks pretty good!  The other one is in good shape with no bare areas.  I'm using that one as a wreath and have it hanging in a smaller area in my kitchen.  They are also much "golder" than expected ~ almost metallic-like.  These aren't huge enough issues for me to send them back as I do like them and have found uses for them.  I seem to recall a couple years back I purchased a larger wreath of Valerie's and had the same problem with a bare area that couldn't be camouflaged.  How do all of you like yours?  Also, how will you use them?  I always enjoy reading about how so many of you decorate!  :-)

Thank you!

I ordered these too, because candle rings are so hard to find anymore. I thought I was crazy that there were not leaves and acorns on one side. I tried manipulating them to make them look fuller. but the "hole" was still there. I am not sure if I am keeping them.

I also ordered the glittered leaf garland in gold......OMG what a mess! They were/are inexpensive, but I'm afraid to take them out of the wrappers for fear my house would be covered.

@RedHeadedWench  I have quite a few of these, and didn't find the glitter to be a problem, pretty much stayed on the leaves.

@mousiegirl@RedHeadedWench  I got those glittered maple leaf garlands last year and I didn't have a glitter problem but I always unpack any item with glitter outside.  I love mine.

I received them the other day, and there was glitter coming out of the box even before I opened them. Smiley Surprised I thought of opening them outside, but I am still on the fence about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 emailed me these photos of her candle rings to show the details. Sharing them for others who may be interested.

Marsha, I think it looks good inside your lantern.  The materials don't look good up close, but the rings seem to show up in a good way in the lantern.  Thanks for the pics!

These are in much better shape than the ones I received, wrinkle wise. Some of my leaves are so scrunched. 

I see the gap in these runs pretty consistent. It is nearly impossible to work pieces over that gap to cover/disguise it, because like others have mentioned, most of the things are plastic, and not on wires, so the won't stay where you bend them. 

Don't you wonder who is quality controlling these things? 

Does look nice in the lantern though!

They do look good in the lantern! The leaves are strange because you can't bend most of them to make them look fuller or more natural. That gap still bothers me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003  Sorry.  Smiley Happy    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.  I can't believe it has taken this long for them to be delivered.  I hate that I already know  I don't want them.  Are you returning?

@lucymo I hope yours arrive today or should I hope that they are lost forever...lol?  I'm annoyed that I paid full price for something that's somewhat defective, but I haven't made a final decision about returning them.

@SHOPR Thanks for posting the pictures!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Marsha2003  Sorry.  Smiley Happy    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.  I can't believe it has taken this long for them to be delivered.  I hate that I already know  I don't want them.  Are you returning?

@lucymo I hope yours arrive today or should I hope that they are lost forever...lol?  I'm annoyed that I paid full price for something that's somewhat defective, but I haven't made a final decision about returning them.

@SHOPR Thanks for posting the pictures!  

@Marsha2003  'lost forever' sounds good to me.  Smiley Sad But, they will show up tomorrow, it's the items you want  that get lost when it's all sold out.  I want to be able to use the rings wherever I want and not have to stuff them inside something to hide all the imperfections.  These aren't cheap in my book so should be presentable.  I understand needing to fluff them out of the box but if there aren't enough materials on them there's not much you can do. Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do.  It's a personal decision and mine will probably come in all full of the materials they left off of the ones you guys got.  Bahhahahaha.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@HisElk1  I first put my picture on my computer in 'my pictures'. 

At top of the post page is an icon (third from right)  that looks like a mountain with sun or moon.  Click that and a window will open with options, click browse and it takes you to your pictures.  Select and open the picture you want to share and it will upload then click on insert  to post picture.

I'm sure this is clear as mud.  Maybe if you ask a question I can answer it one at a time.  lol

Testing @lucymo giving it a tryimage.png

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@HisElk1  I first put my picture on my computer in 'my pictures'. 

At top of the post page is an icon (third from right)  that looks like a mountain with sun or moon.  Click that and a window will open with options, click browse and it takes you to your pictures.  Select and open the picture you want to share and it will upload then click on insert  to post picture.

I'm sure this is clear as mud.  Maybe if you ask a question I can answer it one at a time.  lol

Testing @lucymo giving it a tryimage.png

@HisElk1  You did it.  Picture came through just fine.  Good for you.

Honored Contributor

100_2809.jpg

They came today.  I played with it a little bit.  Some of the leaves need a press cloth and warm iron but not sure if I will keep it anyway.  DH said if I paid more than $5 for them I got short changed.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

100_2809.jpg

They came today.  I played with it a little bit.  Some of the leaves need a press cloth and warm iron but not sure if I will keep it anyway.  DH said if I paid more than $5 for them I got short changed.  Smiley Happy

Wow! No bald spots on yours.  You lucked out in that respect.