Honored Contributor

@lucymo I put mine on an oblong wooden dish.  Not sure what to call it.  I think it came with frameless candles on it and they've since been moved along.  I may just leave them there.  They are two layers deep.  

Originally, I thought they would go in the basket with the ones from pier 1 to fill the gaps.  That basket is already too crowded looking.  I used the ones from the topic of this thread to line the bottom of that basket.  Have tons of those left. 

Is DH in treatment?  I had anemia problems with chemo.  I was so tired.  Most days I got up walked to the living room and that was it, I was done for the day.  😀

Honored Contributor

Boiled wool.  I saw some online.  Not my taste.  I don't have any in fabric.  Still can't find the two sets that are missing.  There's no where else they can be, so maybe I moved them along when I thinned things out.  I need to get down on my hands and knees and look on the lowest shelf in the closet.  I ordered Valeries three pack of velvet ones.  Not going back to home goods.

Respected Contributor

I am on the fence on keeping Valerie's acorns. There is a lot of beading that came off from over a week of traveling by UPS then to USPS then the mailwoman throwing my package into my bushes. There are empty spots and tons of beads on the bottom of the plastic box they came in. 

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I went to Home Goods and they have not one FALL item out. I was told they don't put anything out until Sept 1st. On my way home I stopped at TJmaxx and they only had a few items out. I left ****** off. I guess I have to wait a few weeks. My wallet was happy though. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@lucymo I put mine on an oblong wooden dish.  Not sure what to call it.  I think it came with frameless candles on it and they've since been moved along.  I may just leave them there.  They are two layers deep.  

Originally, I thought they would go in the basket with the ones from pier 1 to fill the gaps.  That basket is already too crowded looking.  I used the ones from the topic of this thread to line the bottom of that basket.  Have tons of those left. 

Is DH in treatment?  I had anemia problems with chemo.  I was so tired.  Most days I got up walked to the living room and that was it, I was done for the day.  😀

@GCR18    DH has cancer and has surgery to remove any new malignant cells.  He has had it for twelve years and is doing well most of the time. 

Your plan for the acorns sounds pretty.  I'll do something soon, maybe next week.  HL has some metallic acorns as well as the realistic ones.  They are everywhere, it seems.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Boiled wool.  I saw some online.  Not my taste.  I don't have any in fabric.  Still can't find the two sets that are missing.  There's no where else they can be, so maybe I moved them along when I thinned things out.  I need to get down on my hands and knees and look on the lowest shelf in the closet.  I ordered Valeries three pack of velvet ones.  Not going back to home goods.

@GCR18  I have Valerie's velvet pumpkins too, large and small.  I also have a couple of orange ones from another store.  I do like them.

With valerie's you have to clean the rice hulls from the fabric folds and maybe pull off a few glue strings but they are pretty and they hold up.  I've used mine for about three years.  The other orange ones are about the same quality and color.

Honored Contributor

Re: Realistic Acorns

[ Edited ]

@lucymo @Mominohio

Those are nice Lucy.......but then I remembered all the oak trees around here I can get them for free from nature.....although I may have to fight off a few squirrels for them....LOL   And we have some Arizona pines and can find some pinecones too...both will be good for fall displays..........

Image result for squirrel and acorns

I'll have to hurry before the squirrels take them all........

eb0cee71a7790d324600373b32cf4f89.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

acorn-vase-filler-c.jpg

If you want realistic Acorns these are at Pottery Barn.  Around $16.  I love Valerie's Acorns too but these look like they're real.

@lucymo  I have these. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  They sure look like the real thing, don't they?  Not a bad price for 50+ and free ship.

@lucymo  This is how I used some last Fall.  I had found the bowl with the squirrels for my fairy garden, and what else to put in the bowl but acorns that they had collected. Smiley Happy

DSCF2528.JPG

Oh, how cute.  I love that .  Those acorns look like the real thing and the top is.  So adorable and a great thought on your part.

Oh, my Zulily squirrel came today.  He was well packed in a neat clean box and cute as can be.  I'm very happy with him.

@lucymo  I'm glad squirrely is fine. Smiley Happy

I emailed zulily with a picture of the broken item, and received an email with no sorry, and no refund, so called to get the refund.  Later on, I received a weird email, and the girl had mentioned that I was refunded for the item in 2015, bizarre!  Common sense, obviously hasn't any, should have told her that she had the wrong item, so I called again to make sure I indeed had been refunded, so I will wait to see if it shows up.

One small item was missing from the box that was delivered yesterday, so emailed, won't do this again, and another girl said to check with OnTrac, really, that company does not pack the items, so again I had to call for a refund, three calls today!

@mousiegirl

Wow thats a real strange experience................hope you get eveything straightened out and a refund you certainly deserve!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

acorn-vase-filler-c.jpg

If you want realistic Acorns these are at Pottery Barn.  Around $16.  I love Valerie's Acorns too but these look like they're real.

@mousiegirl  They sure look like the real thing, don't they?  Not a bad price for 50+ and free ship.

@lucymo  This is how I used some last Fall.  I had found the bowl with the squirrels for my fairy garden, and what else to put in the bowl but acorns that they had collected. Smiley Happy

DSCF2528.JPG

Oh, how cute.  I love that .  Those acorns look like the real thing and the top is.  So adorable and a great thought on your part.

Oh, my Zulily squirrel came today.  He was well packed in a neat clean box and cute as can be.  I'm very happy with him.

I emailed zulily with a picture of the broken item, and received an email with no sorry, and no refund, so called to get the refund.  Later on, I received a weird email, and the girl had mentioned that I was refunded for the item in 2015, bizarre!  Common sense, obviously hasn't any, should have told her that she had the wrong item, so I called again to make sure I indeed had been refunded, so I will wait to see if it shows up.

One small item was missing from the box that was delivered yesterday, so emailed, won't do this again, and another girl said to check with OnTrac, really, that company does not pack the items, so again I had to call for a refund, three calls today!

@mousiegirl

Wow thats a real strange experience................hope you get eveything straightened out and a refund you certainly deserve!

@Spurt  Yes, I received the refunds.  No problem with customer service on the phone, only emails, once in a while.  If an email is sent, a person replies.  If I reply to that, another person answers, too many hands in the pot, though if something is broken, really have to email with pictures, usually no problem.

One of the best qualities of zulily is the customer service, which keeps me buying. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Realistic Acorns

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

acorn-vase-filler-c.jpg

DSCF2528.JPG

@mousiegirl

@Spurt  Yes, I received the refunds.  No problem with customer service on the phone, only emails, once in a while.  If an email is sent, a person replies.  If I reply to that, another person answers, too many hands in the pot, though if something is broken, really have to email with pictures, usually no problem.

One of the best qualities of zulily is the customer service, which keeps me buying. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl

Im happy that you got the refund and they made everything  right!  You can forgive mistakes afterall we are human and all make them,  and  if they quickly remedy the sitution all the more likely you want to continue to shop with them again..........