Honored Contributor

Re: Realistic Acorns

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise~ aww, I know you must have been so disappointed that the candlestick collection didn't work out for you. It's a stunning and beautiful collection!!! I love it!

@LIG1 Do you have a home large enough for candlesticks that large? Our home is only about 850-875 sq ft (not including our basement).

@Susan Louise~ yes, just to give you an idea, we use a 9' Christmas tree in our bay window of the livingroom, and there's still probably another 2' above that with a tray ceiling. 

@LIG1 Wow! Sigh...I dream of a large room like that...

Please post a pic after you decorate with your tree!!!  Smiley Very Happy

If we ever win the lotto, I picture DH and I buying a large log cabin in Jackson Hole WY or a farmhouse in Montana with a view like this...

inspiration.jpg

2dream.jpg

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan LouiseSmiley HappyHeart just as you thought, they still have the collection! It's (all) really beautiful, I hope I can get a coupon by signing up for their emails. 

Finley Hill Mantel Swag

@LIG1  I have the light as in this photo, in  my klitchen, and two sets of the antiqued gold/bronze, can't remember what they are called, but the darker, on my mantle.  I have the garland also, and many types of the candle rings.

@mousiegirl  Where is the light in this photo?  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I guess these are gold, though I don't remember this color, my dark sets are darker than these, so here are the light that I have.

Hacienda Candle Holders, Set of Five

@mousiegirl  Oh...thanks for clarifying...LOL I totally misunderstood. I was looking for a lamp!  I didn't know the set of candlesticks came in different finishes. I had chosen the gold/brassy finish like in the pic. Do you have a pic of how you used the light colored set? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan LouiseSmiley HappyHeart just as you thought, they still have the collection! It's (all) really beautiful, I hope I can get a coupon by signing up for their emails. 

Finley Hill Mantel Swag

@LIG1  I have the light as in this photo, in  my klitchen, and two sets of the antiqued gold/bronze, can't remember what they are called, but the darker, on my mantle.  I have the garland also, and many types of the candle rings.

@mousiegirl  Where is the light in this photo?  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I guess these are gold, though I don't remember this color, my dark sets are darker than these, so here are the light that I have.

Hacienda Candle Holders, Set of Five

@mousiegirl  Oh...thanks for clarifying...LOL I totally misunderstood. I was looking for a lamp!  I didn't know the set of candlesticks came in different finishes. I had chosen the gold/brassy finish like in the pic. Do you have a pic of how you used the light colored set? Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  The light colored set is broken up.  I have one on the counter by the sink, one on the bottom shelf of the baker's rack, one on another shelf, one on the bottom of the hutch, and the smallest one I havn't figured out where to put .Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise~ aww, I know you must have been so disappointed that the candlestick collection didn't work out for you. It's a stunning and beautiful collection!!! I love it!

@LIG1 Do you have a home large enough for candlesticks that large? Our home is only about 850-875 sq ft (not including our basement).

@Susan Louise~ yes, just to give you an idea, we use a 9' Christmas tree in our bay window of the livingroom, and there's still probably another 2' above that with a tray ceiling. 

If we ever win the lotto, I picture a large log cabin in Jackson Hole WY or a farmhouse in Montana with a view like this...

inspiration.jpg

2dream.jpg

Just beautiful @Susan Louise! I agree, Jackson Hole and Montana both would be such a great place to retire, even the Teton's with all of the fly fishing they do there. Hubby went on a fly fishing trip there before he retired, and we both fell in love with the area...you need lots of $$$ though. lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

If we ever win the lotto, I picture a large log cabin in Jackson Hole WY or a farmhouse in Montana with a view like this...

inspiration.jpg

2dream.jpg

Just beautiful @Susan Louise! I agree, Jackson Hole and Montana both would be such a great place to retire, even the Teton's with all of the fly fishing they do there. Hubby went on a fly fishing trip there before he retired, and we both fell in love with the area...you need lots of $$$ though. lol

@LIG1  Yes...LOTS of $$$$...LOL...I am certainly dreaming. We have been through Jackson Hole many times on the way to Yellowstone NP and to visit some of his relatives in Livingston MT. I love the area. 

I have never been as far north as the Teton NP, but DH has when he was growing up.

Please, don't forget to post a pic of your tree after you decorate it!!!

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Nope, not today.  They are sitting at the UPS depot that's 30 minutes away.  USPS is 5 minutes away.  Somebody will deliver Monday.

@GCR18  Well, that stinks big time.  UPS terminal is 20 miles from me and like you, USPS is a mile away.  Crazy how they do that.

I think you will like them though whenever you get to see them.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo here they are.  I think I was counting pinecones too.  I also have 3 sets of luminara candle pinecones.

IMG_20170813_1418585_rewind_kindlephoto-92950785.jpg

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@lucymo here they are.  I think I was counting pinecones too.  I also have 3 sets of luminara candle pinecones.

@GCR18  Wow!  I love the look of the six glass acorns. What are the pinecones made of?   Are the Acorns in the right hand corner from P1?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18  Wow!  I love the look of the six glass acorns. What are the pinecones made of?   Are the Acorns in the right hand corner from P1?

@lucymo The 4 silver and 4 brown are Valerie.  They light up.  The little ones are pottery barn, I have lots more of them.  Everything else is Pier 1

The six glass and two leaves to the right of them, I got at the year end sale.  They were all $2 each.  I think they were around $12 full price.  They were on the wrong table, but they honored the price.  I haven't figured out what to do with them though.  They are big.  I bought a special basket at Pier 1, but I'm not liking how it looks.  The top two are a dark gold, the other four are light gold.  

The pinecones in the right corner came in a set of four.  The two in the top left show them better.  Rust, green, brown tan.  I have two sets.

The pine cones to the left of the glass acorns are Christmas tree ornaments.  They are bronze and made of metal.  They are very light weight.  They have a built in hanger.   

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@lucymo The 4 silver and 4 brown are Valerie.  They light up.  The little ones are pottery barn, I have lots more of them.  Everything else is Pier 1

The six glass and two leaves to the right of them, I got at the year end sale.  They were all $2 each.  I think they were around $12 full price.  They were on the wrong table, but they honored the price.  I haven't figured out what to do with them though.  They are big.  I bought a special basket at Pier 1, but I'm not liking how it looks.  The top two are a dark gold, the other four are light gold.  

The pinecones in the right corner came in a set of four.  The two in the top left show them better.  Rust, green, brown tan.  I have two sets.

The pine cones to the left of the glass acorns are Christmas tree ornaments.  They are bronze and made of metal.  They are very light weight.  They have a built in hanger.   

@GCR18  I think they are great just shown together on a flat plate or charger.  It's a great variety in size and colors.  Very nice collection.  Valerie's acorns are quite large too and might work with some in the picture.  It will be fun to play around and find the place that shows them the best.