Honored Contributor

Re: My "AS IS" Mercury Glass Kaleidosope Trees & the New Green Trees

[ Edited ]

@SweetSydney

Although mine had the "issues" and its "lopsided" I'm going to keep it with "fingers crossed" then if necessary,  return it before the holiday return policy expires.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the HUM doesn't reappear.

Everyday I'm finding more and more things that are cheaply made.  I was in Beall's (a nice store in our area) today - I tried on my normal size shirt (Womens XL)..I could barely get my head through the hole LET ALONE get it on!!!  Plus after careful examination -- I thought $52.00 for this piece of bare thread material ... quality is long gone as for correct/quality sizing...and it was a shirt by "Carribean Joe" which is NOT a cheap clothing line.

I surely hope your trees are perfect ... what do they say "Third times the charm!"

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SweetSydney

Although mine had the "issues" and its "lopsided" I'm going to keep it with "fingers crossed" then if necessary,  return it before the holiday return policy expires.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the HUM doesn't reappear.

Everyday I'm finding more and more things that are cheaply made.  I was in Beall's (a nice store in our area) today - I tried on my normal size shirt (Womens XL)..I could barely get my head through the hole LET ALONE get it on!!!  Plus after careful examination -- I thought $52.00 for this piece of bare thread material ... quality is long gone as for correct/quality sizing...and it was a shirt by "Carribean Joe" which is NOT a cheap clothing line.

I surely hope your trees are perfect ... what do they say "Third times the charm!"

@homedecor1
I hope the "Issues" you have with your tree resolves itself.
I'm glad you bought your tree during CIJ & have plenty of time if you decide to return it. I have my fingers crossed for you.
You're absolutely right. I'm also finding a lot of things that are cheaply made. I remember growing up, and my Moms' cousins giving me clothes they had outgrown, and they were so well made I was able to pass them down to my younger sister.
That's rarely possible today. (Although  I do have a closet full of well-made designer clothing that I plan to donate to AMVETS. My MS keeps me home because it's too much trouble to get ready to go out. So, I figure someone might as well get some use out of them.)
I really believe the problem is the U.S. is importing too much from places like China. It's getting harder to find American made clothing.

Carribean Joe clothing is also sold at several stores in my area & I know it's not an inexpensive clothing line. Looks like another brand has gone downhill. I sympathize with your frustration.
One of our major department stores Carson Pirie Scott closed all their stores. And my husband said the last time he was in another of our major department stores (Macy's) he said he didn't think it would be long before they closed.  He told me they opened a "Macy's  Backstage" on the 1st floor and it was full of junk.
Thank you, I hope 3 times the charm is right.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney  I've got to give you the utmost credit for persistence.  I am more than hoping this time the trees are perfect.  The odds here have got to be with you at some point.

I do think VPH needs to rethink her manufacturing countries; however, I am sure the cost is much less expensive to produce in China and therefore the profit is much greater for her.  However, if a lot gets returned, sooner or later QVC is going to phase her and her stuff out.  They are not going to be able to afford to keep reimbursing the shipping costs for junk.

Well I have my fingers crossed for you.  I truly hope this works out.

Honored Contributor

Too bad about all the defective trees. I’ve been on the fence about gettIng a copper/blush tree.

It would be very nice if more items were made in the USA. I’m not convinced, however, that Americans are prepared to pay double the price (or more) for millions of products.
Respected Contributor

I know I am not allowed to post links, so I won't.  Although this is a company, located in Asia, that no one can purchase from unless you are a distributor.  They only sell in quantities starting in the hundreds.  I do think this is where a lot of our merchandise is coming from.

The minimum amount that can be purchased is 500 units.  The price starts at 49 cents (yes, you are reading that correctly) and goes up to $1.59 per unit.  I am assuming if you purchase the minimum of 500 the price is $1.59 and if you purchase more the price goes down.

Just imagine how much one of these would retail for here in our country.  The markup is unbelievable.

LEDTree.jpg

Valued Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@SweetSydney  I've got to give you the utmost credit for persistence.  I am more than hoping this time the trees are perfect.  The odds here have got to be with you at some point.

I do think VPH needs to rethink her manufacturing countries; however, I am sure the cost is much less expensive to produce in China and therefore the profit is much greater for her.  However, if a lot gets returned, sooner or later QVC is going to phase her and her stuff out.  They are not going to be able to afford to keep reimbursing the shipping costs for junk.

Well I have my fingers crossed for you.  I truly hope this works out.

@hellodali

I'm nothing if not persistent. Smiley Wink
 I'm hoping the trees are perfect, too.
I agree with you. VHP does need to rethink where she manufactures her items. Because I suspect it's not just her junk on QVC  that's being returned to her.
Several people have posted to her on Facebook about the quality of things & she's blown them off.
She needs to use the U.S. as her manufacturing company if she wants to stay in business.
Only junk is manufactured in China.
And I agree that QVC is going to have to phase her out.
So many people have returned defective items of hers. And so many people have said her stuff has gone downhill. Between my DH & I, we've returned 7 items. At QVC's shipping cost.
Thank you for keeping your fingers crossed for me.
I hope it works out this time, too.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

I know I am not allowed to post links, so I won't.  Although this is a company, located in Asia, that no one can purchase from unless you are a distributor.  They only sell in quantities starting in the hundreds.  I do think this is where a lot of our merchandise is coming from.

The minimum amount that can be purchased is 500 units.  The price starts at 49 cents (yes, you are reading that correctly) and goes up to $1.59 per unit.  I am assuming if you purchase the minimum of 500 the price is $1.59 and if you purchase more the price goes down.

Just imagine how much one of these would retail for here in our country.  The markup is unbelievable.

LEDTree.jpg

@hellodali
Your post reminded me of something I read a long time ago. The U.S. imports so much from other countries that we're going to end up with only shopping centers. I know I don't have the quote exactly as I read it, but I think it gives you the gist of it. It's a scary thought.

Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

Rather than replying to one post in particular, I would just like to say that although I feel bad that some are upset at feeling Valerie has ignored them on FB, I wonder what you want her to do? The most she could possibly do is say "sorry" and remind you that you'll get your money refunded. I'm guessing that would be interpreted as either a hollow apology or an unhelpful statement, which means there would still be no positive feelings.

This is a frustrating situation for both sides, I'm sure--it's unfortunate that so many customers are unhappy, but Valerie certainly does not seem like the type of person who is out to swindle people. And it may be true that there is some kind of problem with the manufacturing of this tree, but as others have pointed out, it could just be that those who are having problems are providing the majority of the reviews (which is true of virtually all product reviews). In my case at least, three out of my four trees are perfect, and the fourth was perfect for nearly a month before losing the red light in the kaleidoscope (and everything else was still perfect), so I've purchased another that will be delivered on Tuesday; I'll report on its condition as applicable.

So all that said, know that I am sympathetic to the frustration of an item that doesn't live up to expectations. This situation happens far too often nowadays. Hopefully if these trees are offered again in the future, some tweaks can be made to improve the consistency of their quality.

Respected Contributor

Re: My "AS IS" Mercury Glass Kaleidosope Trees

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, awwww man, I feel so bad for you knowing how much you like them.

However, even as pretty as they are, that noise would drive me crazy and I'd return them too.

I don't know what's going on with VPH's stuff lately as this is the first year I've had so much trouble with her things.  I'd hope that it is brought to her attention or maybe she doesn't want to know.  I don't know what to say, but my feelings are that her stuff isn't what it used to be.

@HisElk1
Thank you. If our sectional wasn't right next to our fireplace  I might have kept 2 of the "As Is" Silver trees.
A lot of people are saying the same thing, her stuff isn't as good as it used to be.
I wonder if she knows how much of her stuff is defective and has been returned.
I really do love the trees but the noise of the motor gets on my nerves. My DH retired from Ford Motor Co. He was Skilled Trades, a Millwright. He knows just about everything there is to know about wiring  & motors, etc. He said with the motor grinding there's no way to know how long the motor would last.

@SweetSydney, obviously your husband knows what he's talking about.  

I've decided I'm going to get the 3 I kept and run them again for a few days.  Since buying them during CIJ, I believe I have until the end of Jan. 2019 to return them.  

Regarding VPH's knowledge of her things, I have no idea, but if it were me, I'd want to know.  I did post on her facebook page about the floral rings made with grapevine wreath that wouldn't fit that was in her video.  She blew me off by saying "they will stretch".  I posted again that grapevine wreaths won't stretch.  I used to make big wreaths years ago using them; they don't stretch.  Her answer really didn't sit well with me.  I see most of the postings on her page are nothing but praises.  She needs to hear the negative stuff as well IMO.

@HisElk1
Yes, my husband does know what he's talking about when it comes to wiring, motors, any kind of repairs. But after 4 years of college and 2 years of school to become Skilled Trades as a Millwright, I would expect nothing less.
I posted about two of my defective trees to her & she blew me off, as well. I honestly don't think she cares as long as she's making money.
No, there's no way those rings are going to stretch.
If you can't use them, send them back as defective. My husband e-mailed CS about our defective trees and they replied they wouldn't charge a return fee. They said they don't charge shipping on defective items.

@SweetSydney@hellodali, UPDATE - we have been running the 3 silver trees since I posted above.  They are turned on in the early afternoon and off at 11 pmish.  

Today, we both noticed that we could hear a loud humming noise, so we tested each one by turning the other 2 off (they are sitting on a table in a small room next to the living area).  Two of the three of them are loud and one is not as loud, though hums less.  

As pretty as they are, I cannot keep them.  Out of 4 (the one I purchased for a gift and thank God I tested it) went back as defective.  Now I have 2 more.  My original idea was to put one on either side of our fireplace mantle and the other on the dining room table (DH was going to fix it so that the cord was hidden somehow, but now I don't even want him messing with it and then the motor gets loud).

I guess another call to CS to let them know about the situation which I don't look forward to.  I'm just very disappointed and will really be scrutinizing my purchases with VPH's things.

Valued Contributor

Re: My "AS IS" Mercury Glass Kaleidosope Trees

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@SweetSydney, awwww man, I feel so bad for you knowing how much you like them.

However, even as pretty as they are, that noise would drive me crazy and I'd return them too.

I don't know what's going on with VPH's stuff lately as this is the first year I've had so much trouble with her things.  I'd hope that it is brought to her attention or maybe she doesn't want to know.  I don't know what to say, but my feelings are that her stuff isn't what it used to be.

@HisElk1
Thank you. If our sectional wasn't right next to our fireplace  I might have kept 2 of the "As Is" Silver trees.
A lot of people are saying the same thing, her stuff isn't as good as it used to be.
I wonder if she knows how much of her stuff is defective and has been returned.
I really do love the trees but the noise of the motor gets on my nerves. My DH retired from Ford Motor Co. He was Skilled Trades, a Millwright. He knows just about everything there is to know about wiring  & motors, etc. He said with the motor grinding there's no way to know how long the motor would last.

@SweetSydney, obviously your husband knows what he's talking about.  

I've decided I'm going to get the 3 I kept and run them again for a few days.  Since buying them during CIJ, I believe I have until the end of Jan. 2019 to return them.  

Regarding VPH's knowledge of her things, I have no idea, but if it were me, I'd want to know.  I did post on her facebook page about the floral rings made with grapevine wreath that wouldn't fit that was in her video.  She blew me off by saying "they will stretch".  I posted again that grapevine wreaths won't stretch.  I used to make big wreaths years ago using them; they don't stretch.  Her answer really didn't sit well with me.  I see most of the postings on her page are nothing but praises.  She needs to hear the negative stuff as well IMO.

@HisElk1
Yes, my husband does know what he's talking about when it comes to wiring, motors, any kind of repairs. But after 4 years of college and 2 years of school to become Skilled Trades as a Millwright, I would expect nothing less.
I posted about two of my defective trees to her & she blew me off, as well. I honestly don't think she cares as long as she's making money.
No, there's no way those rings are going to stretch.
If you can't use them, send them back as defective. My husband e-mailed CS about our defective trees and they replied they wouldn't charge a return fee. They said they don't charge shipping on defective items.

@SweetSydney@hellodali, UPDATE - we have been running the 3 silver trees since I posted above.  They are turned on in the early afternoon and off at 11 pmish.  

Today, we both noticed that we could hear a loud humming noise, so we tested each one by turning the other 2 off (they are sitting on a table in a small room next to the living area).  Two of the three of them are loud and one is not as loud, though hums less.  

As pretty as they are, I cannot keep them.  Out of 4 (the one I purchased for a gift and thank God I tested it) went back as defective.  Now I have 2 more.  My original idea was to put one on either side of our fireplace mantle and the other on the dining room table (DH was going to fix it so that the cord was hidden somehow, but now I don't even want him messing with it and then the motor gets loud).

I guess another call to CS to let them know about the situation which I don't look forward to.  I'm just very disappointed and will really be scrutinizing my purchases with VPH's things.

@HisElk1

I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I am to learn that 3 of your Silver trees are humming so loud.
Of course, you can't keep them. That humming noise is incredibly annoying. And I suspect that eventually, the motor won't work anymore.
You had the same idea as me. I was planning to put one on each side of my fireplace mantel.
I  have two "As Is" Silver trees coming on Thursday.
And my DH ordered 2 "New" Green trees this morning.
I canceled the Green trees. I think a lot of people are reconsidering buying anything of VHP.

Marilyn Monroe