Valued Contributor

Re: My "AS IS" Mercury Glass Kaleidosope Trees & New Green Trees

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@hellodali@mousiegirl@loriqvc@HisElk1
Does anyone see the wires in the base of their trees?
As I've said before my "New" Green trees have a very loud humming noise.
The "As Is "
Silver trees have a humming noise but it's not as loud as the "New" Green trees.
We haven't tried the Silver trees on the fireplace mantel yet. If we can hear them from the kitchen they will be going back along with the Green trees.
And I'll have to hope next year Valerie will improve them if she brings them back.

@SweetSydney - I'm not quite sure what you mean about the wires--can you clarify?

@loriqvc
When you look at the area between the tree & the bottom of the base, I can see the wires & the black circuit board. Does that make more sense?

@SweetSydney  How close are you to the tree when seeing this?  I don't see anything.

@mousiegirl
I can see the wires & circuit board when I'm looking at the tree about  1' away. But after @loriqvc answered I think it's probably normal. I just didn't see the wires & circuit board in the "New" Silver trees that I  returned because they were defective. I just read something interesting in another thread. These trees are mass produced in China.  Now I understand why so many were returned.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney@mousiegirl@HisElk1@loriqvc

Okay!  Now I think I understand what everyone is talking about.  Sometimes it takes me a while, but eventually I get there.  I took a couple of pictures.  I can see two black wires on the inside of the bottom of my tree.  One can be seen really well.  I can only see a small portion of the other, but it is off to the right of the one that can be seen.  I also took a picture of what the bottom of my tree looks like.  The pictures are of the original tree, not the "as is". 

MercuryTree1 (2).jpgMercuryTree2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@hellodali@mousiegirl@loriqvc@HisElk1
Does anyone see the wires in the base of their trees?
As I've said before my "New" Green trees have a very loud humming noise.
The "As Is "
Silver trees have a humming noise but it's not as loud as the "New" Green trees.
We haven't tried the Silver trees on the fireplace mantel yet. If we can hear them from the kitchen they will be going back along with the Green trees.
And I'll have to hope next year Valerie will improve them if she brings them back.

@SweetSydney - I'm not quite sure what you mean about the wires--can you clarify?

@loriqvc
When you look at the area between the tree & the bottom of the base, I can see the wires & the black circuit board. Does that make more sense?

@SweetSydney  How close are you to the tree when seeing this?  I don't see anything.

@mousiegirl
I can see the wires & circuit board when I'm looking at the tree about  1' away. But after @loriqvc answered I think it's probably normal. I just didn't see the wires & circuit board in the "New" Silver trees that I  returned because they were defective. I just read something interesting in another thread. These trees are mass produced in China.  Now I understand why so many were returned.

@SweetSydney  Just about everything is made in China, surprised you didn't know this. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hellodali
Yes, those are the wires but I don't see the black circuit board in your picture.

I just looked at your picture again & your circuit board is attached at the top.  The circuit boards in my "As Is" trees are laying on the bottom. They're very visible.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl
Actually, I buy most things at my local department store & so far everything has been made in the States. So, yes I was surprised to find out these trees were made in China.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

Re: My "AS IS" Mercury Glass Kaleidoscope Trees & New Green Trees

@hellodali@loriqvc@mousiegirl@HisElk1

I  spent some time downstairs & the "As Is" Silver trees are almost as loud as the "New" Green trees.
And the circuit board is not attached in the Silver "As Is" trees. It's laying on the bottom.
@hellodali
I looked at your pictures again & saw that your circuit board is attached at the top, so it's not noticeable. I'm extremely discouraged.

Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SweetSydney @mousiegirl @HisElk1 @loriqvc That is an absolute bummer!  Are you going to try two more?  I hope your return shipping gets covered by QVC since they are defective.  But you still have to take them all to the post office or will UPS pick them up?

I feel so bad because they are so pretty and I know how much you love them.

I wonder how many have been returned!

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@SweetSydney @mousiegirl @HisElk1 @loriqvc That is an absolute bummer!  Are you going to try two more?  I hope your return shipping gets covered by QVC since they are defective.  But you still have to take them all to the post office or will UPS pick them up?

@hellodali@SweetSydney, after reading about all these problems, I would definitely not order any "new" ones, nor any "as is" ones, but that's me.

When I contacted CS about mine being defective, they told me they would pay the return shipping and also get back the shipping I paid to deliver.  Believe me, I made sure that happened.  

Slightly OT, I ordered the maple leaf and berry candle rings which were supposed to be 4" on the inside - they were not.  I also ordered the set of 3 russett hurricanes to use with them.  VPH's video showed them using them around a candle; however, it wouldn't fit. (grapevine wreaths don't stretch). Anyhow, I decided I couldn't use the russett hurricanes and returned them, but did not use their return label and paid for it myself.  When I got the credit, it was not enough.  I called CS and she said, we deducted the 8.95 return label fee.  I said, I never used that label and paid for it myself.  Apparently, they "assume" (we know what that means) people use that label.  Buyer beware - if you pay for it yourself, make sure they don't automatically deduct the return label.

I am finding that my spending has very much dwindled with them.  It just costs too much $ when something doesn't work out.

Valued Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@hellodali
Yes, it's definitely a bummer. If QVC charges me return shipping, I will dispute it with my credit card.
No,  I'm not going to buy another "As Is".
Earlier today they had 1 new Green tree but my DH wasn't home so I didn't order it.
My DH will take them to our local post office.
I think quite a  few were returned. If you check "As Is"you can order quite a few in each of the 5 colors.
Maybe next year I'll have better luck.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

@hellodali@SweetSydney, after reading about all these problems, I would definitely not order any "new" ones, nor any "as is" ones, but that's me.

When I contacted CS about mine being defective, they told me they would pay the return shipping and also get back the shipping I paid to deliver.  Believe me, I made sure that happened.  

Slightly OT, I ordered the maple leaf and berry candle rings which were supposed to be 4" on the inside - they were not.  I also ordered the set of 3 russett hurricanes to use with them.  VPH's video showed them using them around a candle; however, it wouldn't fit. (grapevine wreaths don't stretch). Anyhow, I decided I couldn't use the russett hurricanes and returned them, but did not use their return label and paid for it myself.  When I got the credit, it was not enough.  I called CS and she said, we deducted the 8.95 return label fee.  I said, I never used that label and paid for it myself.  Apparently, they "assume" (we know what that means) people use that label.  Buyer beware - if you pay for it yourself, make sure they don't automatically deduct the return label.

I am finding that my spending has very much dwindled with them.  It just costs too much $ when something doesn't work out.

@HisElk1
I'm returning all 4 as defective, and I'm not ordering anymore "As Is".
They had 1 new Green tree earlier in the day but I didn't order it because my DH wasn't home & I wanted to know what he wanted to do about the trees we already own.
He said he agreed with me that we should return them all as defective.
Believe me, I'm not paying return shipping.
I'm glad you followed up with CS & got your shipping refunded.
The video you watched was definitely deceiving.
I seriously don't know if I'll buy anything else from QVC.
I'm fed up with getting defective items. This makes 6  defective trees for me.
Edited: My DH sent e-mails to QVC about each tree. They replied to mark each defective & they would waive the return shipping fee.

Marilyn Monroe