Esteemed Contributor

Re: REVIEW OF JIM SHORE'S PIECES!

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom, Oh I would definitely return that bunny as defective because of the two paint drips.  They are too large and not typical of the painting I've seen on JS items. My eye would go right to the drips and that would never cease to annoy me. 

If you choose to exchange it, be sure you are not charged separately for the return label fee.  Even though you will mark it as defective, my experience with QVC has been that they always mess up and charge me the return label fee, no matter the reason, when exchanging.  It is not supposed to happen this way, but it does quite often based on other posts I've read.

I now always place my own new order, then return the item clearly marked defective, and I've not had any more problems with erroneous charges.

Respected Contributor

@BabyYoda and SHOPR
Thanks for making me feel like I wasn't crazy for wanting another one.

BlueOcean - please post how you like your new basket. Hopefully no issues with yours.

SHOPR - thanks for the advice. I tried a live chat to discuss the problem, but I waited and waited for a response. Wanted to get to bed so decided to place a new order and I will do as you suggested to make sure I don't pay return shipping.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

Well, I opened my pieces.  They are all beautiful!!   Such pretty details.  I noticed the basket has a few paint drops.  Under the pink flower and lavender flower.   Would that bother you or am I being ******?  Should I order another and see if it's any better?

@crazycockermom

I ran and checked my bunny basket and nope mine did not have the drips.  I'm so sorry your basket had some defects.....hope your replacement is perfect!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@mousiegirl and ValuSkr
Thanks! Another one is on its way! Hope it's better. While I expect a few imperfections with hand painted items, I thought the drips looked sloppy.

@crazycockermom

The quality on Jim's pieces is usually excellent.....Now some of Valerie's pieces not so much.....I ordered her "candles with words" and there were several fingerprints embedded in the frosted glass in addition to paint drippings ..needless to say I returned the candles, and I noticed several reviewers had the same experience, so I didn't even take a chance on a replacement.........And I had the same experience with lighted Christmas ornament with scenes---glue drippings and beads from around the ornament missing......You'd think the manufacturer or QVC's quality control would catch these imperfections.....I guess they don't employ enough quality control employees..................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Thought I would join in the bunny fun. My all time favorite bunny rabbit is pictured below. Got it years ago from QVC. You change the basket he is holding for the different seasons. There's one for spring, summer, fall and Christmas. And he is one big guy...about two feet tall! I keep him out all year long in a guest bedroom. My guests probably think I'm a little bunny nutty, but whatever. I do have one other Jim Shore rabbit that will be shipping to me in a couple weeks. I ordered Jim's series of spinning figurines. I'll post a pic of the snowman one I have out right now. I also got the witch and the turkey. And as I said, the bunny will be shipping on 3/14. I adore these spinning things. I keep them on the table right by my chair. Then I just reach over and give them a whirl. So cute!

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys their new Jim Shore purchases. We can all use a little "bunny love." Ha!

Image result for large jim shore bunny with changeable basket

No Image Found

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped

I love your big bunny!

Do you think there are still some floating around?

Such a lovely piece.  I know he looks great sitting out all yearCat LOL

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman, well I just did a quick Google search but I didn't come up with anything. I thought there might be one on eBay, but I did not see any. It appears that Amazon had them at one point, but not available now. Here's the link so you can at least see what the other baskets look like. Like I said, I bought this several years ago on the Q. Maybe someone else will have some other info for you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jim-Shore-Heartwood-Creek-4013316/dp/B001VMWRPC

Respected Contributor

OMG @pupwhipped that large bunny is adorable and has the cutest face!! These are the bunnies I love. I love that the basket is different for each season. I would leave him out year round also. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt @crazycockermom And others

I opened my Jim Shore bunny basket as a gift from my DH and I love it! The face is precious. The eggs are so pretty. Mine has slight flaws but no paint drips. I am happy with mine. The bunny basket is already out for display. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt and BlueOcean

I'm so glad your baskets don't have any issues. I can tell Jim's items are of great quality. The other items I received are beautiful. But of course the basket, which I was most looking forward to, had a few paint drips. Just gotta hope the next one is better.