Honored Contributor

REVIEW OF JIM SHORE'S PIECES!

The green bird is adorable---this is not a tiny piece---good sized.  The face is so cute.  I love the pink and green color combination, I love the added detail of the flowers on the wings and back of the head---very nice! Woman Very Happy

index.jpg

The Woodland Spring Angel is beautiful! I'm very particular about the faces of the angels I collect and this one has a lovely face.  This angel has different details on her wings than Jim has done in the past---the technique he used this time, makes it look more like feathers....I love the flower details on her dress and open apron revealing a carved tree, the way the back of the dress is designed it has folds and looks favric like.....I love the owl resting on her hand......and the other animals surrounding her bunny, racoon and fox are so cute (pieces of art on their own......Wonderful  piece!

Jim Shore Heartwood Creek Woodland Spring Angel Figurine - H210795

Lastly, the one that many fell in love with---the Bunny Basket--I think she looks better in person than she did on TV! I was concerned if the basket would be too large----but just like the Goldilocks tale---this bunny basket was just right---about the size of Jim's other Easter baskets---at least those I own.....  The bunny has such a sweet face.....I love the flowered handle and the pink bow on the handle---the vinelike detail on the rabbit's body is nicely done .....and the eggs are nice too......Another winner from Jim!!!  I couldn't wait until Easter and put the bunny basket on my dinning room table----he looks great with my spring flower arrangement.....

Jim Shore Heartwood Creek 13th Annual Easter Basket Figurine - H210810

All my Jim Shore purchases are beuatifully done and the quality is superb ! I'm very happy with my purchases 

Rabbit on LG G3

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEW OF JIM SHORE'S PIECES!

In year's past I've given my daughters several pieces of his.  One was an Easter basket with eggs, etc.  I remember on was a pumpkin (similar).

I can't remember all of them.  When I go over to the daughter's house that lives near me, she has them out.  It's fun to see them.

The best part is that her young children could always touch them without breaking anything.

Respected Contributor

Great review! Glad you love everything. My box of goodies arrived today. They are in the back bedroom and I am eagerly waiting for a good time to go open them. DH doesn't need to know about these...

I got the green bird and basket too and a few other items. Argh! I want to see them!!
Respected Contributor

Well, I opened my pieces.  They are all beautiful!!   Such pretty details.  I noticed the basket has a few paint drops.  Under the pink flower and lavender flower.   Would that bother you or am I being ******?  Should I order another and see if it's any better?

IMG_4573.JPG

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

Well, I opened my pieces.  They are all beautiful!!   Such pretty details.  I noticed the basket has a few paint drops.  Under the pink flower and lavender flower.   Would that bother you or am I being ******?  Should I order another and see if it's any better?

IMG_4573.JPG

@crazycockermom  The paint drip would bother me so I would return it for an exchange, and you won't have to pay for return postage.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  Handmade items are never perfect.  To me the tiny smudges indicate that a real person was involved in making this sculpture.  It you want to remove them, sand lightly with the fine side of an emery board

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  It would bother me too.  I would return it.  I think Jim Shore himself would say it's unacceptable.  They're supposed to be painted by professionals, not third-graders.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl and ValuSkr
Thanks! Another one is on its way! Hope it's better. While I expect a few imperfections with hand painted items, I thought the drips looked sloppy.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for your review @Spurt of your new Jim Shore items. Glad you love everything. I expect to open my bunny basket tomorrow as DH has to go pick it up at the post office. We were out of town and I couldn't chance it being stolen from our steps. 

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom oh those drips would bother me. Little imperfections are ok as it is handmade and painted but those would bother me. Glad you are getting a replacement. I will have to inspect my bunny basket tomorrow carefully when I open it up.