Honored Contributor

RECENT CI INDOOR/OUTDOOR LANTERNS, SET OF TWO

[ Edited ]

I bought them for DD for Christmas as now at her new apartment, she has a patio so thought she would enjoy these.  I tried them last night, and the candle light is not orange, but warm.  One arrived with a light scratch on the roof, and a little chipped coating on the bottom rim, but otherwise they are very nice, cant beat the price and battery life

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RECENT CI INDOOR/OUTDOOR LANTERNS, SET OF TWO

I received mine today and forgot to get batteries. But no scratches, dings or dents. I have the larger one and can’t wait to put these out on my covered porch with it with all my pumpkins. 🍁 🎃 🍁I am pleased with how the larger one has worked for me. 

Contributor

I ordered three sets of these lanterns.  I lined them up on our fireplace hearth and turned them all on to try out the timers.  They all came on perfectly and went off as they should after five hours.  Later that evening i turned on our television and all six lanterns came on!  Our living room is rather large and it doesn't matter where in the room you put the lanterns, the television remote turns them on and resets the timers!   This happens anytime you use the tv remote function for anything (i.e. changing channels, volume, etc.)  The tv remote doesn't even have to be aimed in the direction of the lanterns.  What a hassle.  I am packing all of them up and shipping them back.  What a shame because I like the lanterns otherwise.  If you are using them outside or in rooms without a television, then they should be okay but I want to use them inside and we have televisions in all the rooms i would use these in.  I noticed a few other reviewers stated they had the same problem with the remote interference.  I wish there was some way to fix this, but I can't think of anything.

Honored Contributor

@DogMom wrote:

I ordered three sets of these lanterns.  I lined them up on our fireplace hearth and turned them all on to try out the timers.  They all came on perfectly and went off as they should after five hours.  Later that evening i turned on our television and all six lanterns came on!  Our living room is rather large and it doesn't matter where in the room you put the lanterns, the television remote turns them on and resets the timers!   This happens anytime you use the tv remote function for anything (i.e. changing channels, volume, etc.)  The tv remote doesn't even have to be aimed in the direction of the lanterns.  What a hassle.  I am packing all of them up and shipping them back.  What a shame because I like the lanterns otherwise.  If you are using them outside or in rooms without a television, then they should be okay but I want to use them inside and we have televisions in all the rooms i would use these in.  I noticed a few other reviewers stated they had the same problem with the remote interference.  I wish there was some way to fix this, but I can't think of anything.

@DogMom   You must have a newer tv, because my ten year old Samsung is not affected by the lanterns.

Contributor

Our televisions are less than a year old.  Maybe that has something to do with it - odd though because we have a lot of other remote controlled candles (Luminara, Candle Impressions, etc.) and they aren't affected.  I am going to call the phone number on the instruction sheet that came with the lanterns and see if they have a suggestion on a way to fix this problem. At first I just thought it was something quirky with our tv remotes, but I am reading that some others are experiencing the same problem.  Other than this, my lanterns look perfect.  

Super Contributor

I [assed on these as a TSV ( almost caved) as I had a bad experience with the glass last year. After reading reviews this time around, glad I did...others having issues due to shoddy workmanship. Guess it will be hit or miss at this price. If there had been just 1, I may have tried again but getting 2 you have a greater chance of a problem and then have to return both. Miss the old, original CI flameless candles, long gone. I am paying more for Luminara now but have not had any quality issues.

Honored Contributor

@hookedonq wrote:

I [assed on these as a TSV ( almost caved) as I had a bad experience with the glass last year. After reading reviews this time around, glad I did...others having issues due to shoddy workmanship. Guess it will be hit or miss at this price. If there had been just 1, I may have tried again but getting 2 you have a greater chance of a problem and then have to return both. Miss the old, original CI flameless candles, long gone. I am paying more for Luminara now but have not had any quality issues.

@hookedonq   The two came in one box together, then that box in a Q box.