Esteemed Contributor

Question re VPH Glistening Pine Slim Tree

My question is how many (like all, half, a third, etc.) of the branch tips have the cashmere treatment?  Cashmere tips are the ones that look very frayed on the ends, which makes the ends look a lighter green also.  The tips on this specific VPH tree may then be either glittered or flocked in addition to the cashmere frayed look.   I watched the current video but am not sure.  

@mousiegirl Is your tree up now, so that you could take a look?

A little odd  of me to ask in July but some of you may know this. 

H212738

Honored Contributor

Re: Question re VPH Glistening Pine Slim Tree

@SHOPR wrote:

My question is how many (like all, half, a third, etc.) of the branch tips have the cashmere treatment?  Cashmere tips are the ones that look very frayed on the ends, which makes the ends look a lighter green also.  The tips on this specific VPH tree may then be either glittered or flocked in addition to the cashmere frayed look.   I watched the current video but am not sure.  

@mousiegirl Is your tree up now, so that you could take a look?

A little odd  of me to ask in July but some of you may know this. 

H212738

@SHOPR   I have never heard of cashmere tips, but looking at it now on my 3' tree which I now have a vase of faux summer flowers in front of, lol, I would say there is an even distribution of flocked and glittered tips, maybe more flocked, but I don't see that they are lighter than the rest of the tree, it is just a beautiful tree.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  Thanks! 

In this example pic, the frayed ones are cashmere, and appear a little lighter, while the darker branches are just regular.  

Screenshot_20190710-175843_Chrome.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl  Thanks! 

In this example pic, the frayed ones are cashmere, and appear a little lighter, while the darker branches are just regular.  

Screenshot_20190710-175843_Chrome.jpg

@SHOPR   My tree's branches/tips do not look like this tree.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok thanks anyway @mousiegirl.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR  My 7’ tree Is in my dining room corner and I just looked. The tree is so dense with bits of flocking it’s hard to tell but I would say 1/2 . There are smaller thinner branches all around and inside .

I only turned the chandelier on and the tree just glistened with frosting on the branches and pine cones. 

I’m particular about trees and didn’t want glitter but it makes this tree gorgeous! Shake it a bit after unpacking outside.

My friend just got one with free shipping because she liked mine last year. BUY IT!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers Thank you (and @mousiegirl) for the help. 

I admit I'm still a tiny bit hesitant about the glitter aspect, even though every picture I've seen of it looks gorgeous.  Mainly I am afraid VPH will discontinue this tree now that others are appearing in her line, and this one is the shape, color (meaning not solid darker green but a little lighter in appearance) and overall style I'd want for my next tree.

I'll have to really think on it and then make my decision.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@1Snickers Thank you (and @mousiegirl) for the help. 

I admit I'm still a tiny bit hesitant about the glitter aspect, even though every picture I've seen of it looks gorgeous.  Mainly I am afraid VPH will discontinue this tree now that others are appearing in her line, and this one is the shape, color (meaning not solid darker green but a little lighter in appearance) and overall style I'd want for my next tree.

I'll have to really think on it and then make my decision.  

@SHOPR  When I placed my order for the bronze holy family w/cathedral mirrors, I also ordered the 3' glistening tree in the multi for the kitchen. I didn't want to miss out on having it since I love this line of trees so much. Usually the 3' trees are the 1st to sell out.

Side Note:

I think I can help you on the tree branches. I went in the basement and took a couple of pics for you. In both pics, the tree on the left is the new 6.5' Balsalm Hill tree we got last year. On the right is the VPH 3' 'clear' glistening tree. You will be able to see that the 3' tree's branches are 'frayed' (using your term). 

Since I don't display the trees side by side, I don't see that it is a big deal having different types of branches on different trees. When all the trees are lit, after the Balsalm Hill tree is decorated with garlands, lights and ornaments, it makes the difference virtually a non issue. But that is just me.

Upon further inspection I can also tell you that only about 1/2 of the tips of the branches and all of the pine cones have glitter, the rest of the branches are 'snowy'/lightly flocked.

There is virtually no mess from the glitter when I moved the tree to put it beside our main tree for the pics. The glitter is glued on well. I have attached 2 pics below...

HTH Smiley Happy

P4850518.JPG

P4850519.JPG

Contributor

@Susan Louise  Thanks for the pics. I bought the 9' ft tree a few weeks ago. I have wanted this tree for two years, and it sold out before I could get it. I wasn't waiting this year, and I am so excited to set it up. I have other trees, and they are heavily flocked, and since this one is going in my dining room and decorated totally in crystal, I wanted something a little elevated. My other flocked trees the crystal doesn't show up well because of the flocking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, How very nice of you to post the tree pics and also the extra information.  This is very helpful and reinforces for me that I really would like to own Val's glistening tree in multi, either 5 ft or 7 ft, not certain, but probably 5 ft so I can place it on a small table.  

I have been crazy busy yesterday and today, and unfortunately, have not watched CIJ at all.   I plan to catch up on some of the show recordings this coming week.

FWIW I would have no issue at all using different trees in close proximity as you do.  I would definitely mix them. 

In fact, the only reason I prefer the cashmere or frayed tips is because I discovered with my current cashmere tipped tree that multi lights seem glow from within the branches a little brighter than they did in a previous solid green tipped tree I used for many years.