Frequent Contributor

Question on Bethlehem Lights Flocked Tree

Does anyone have the Bethlehem Lights Multi-Function Flocked Tree Item #H216411?  It is currently offered "as is" and I have wanted a white looking tree.  I have watched the presentation videos and they don't seem to show the tree decorated.  If you have it - do you decorate it?  Does it require a lot of ornaments if you decorate it?  Or is this the type of tree you don't decorate and you just enjoy the lights?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question on Bethlehem Lights Flocked Tree

I find flocked trees look best with lights and maybe some type of reflective garland wrapped around it (something like the icicle garland you may have seen on QVC and elsewhere).  To my eyes bulbs just take away from the beautiful flocking.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don'y have this tree but it was on my wish list. I've had other flocked trees with lights and I decorated them. Now, I like to see some tree so I don't put a ton of ornaments on it. I think it's a matter or personal preference. I usually do theme trees because I have more than one. I also have a couple of trees that I just do not decorate and just use the lights. On this tree I think it's so pretty as is but you can do as little or as much as you would like. Have fun with it.  

Honored Contributor

@qshpr89 wrote:

Does anyone have the Bethlehem Lights Multi-Function Flocked Tree Item #H216411?  It is currently offered "as is" and I have wanted a white looking tree.  I have watched the presentation videos and they don't seem to show the tree decorated.  If you have it - do you decorate it?  Does it require a lot of ornaments if you decorate it?  Or is this the type of tree you don't decorate and you just enjoy the lights?

@qshpr89  It has a five year warranty, which is as good as it gets here.  You can do what you want with the tree.  It would be pretty with nothing on it.    You put as little or as many ornaments as you like, or none at all.  If you buy it, set it up and look at it as is, and if you find you love it as is, do nothing more.  If you think it needs something, maybe put white birds on it, just let your imagination lead you. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input!  I have a wonderful flocked tree I use upstairs in my "woodland" area.  I have always wanted a more white looking tree to do a red and white tree in my master bedroom.  I've been collecting the ornaments and decorating a smaller green tree, but last year 3/4 of the lights went out on it.  After 2 days of searching to find the bulb that was out, I gave up and turned the darkside to the sliding door so no one would see it. So, I was thinking this may be the solution.

Trusted Contributor

I bought this tree five years ago in the 9ft for my entryway.  It's absolutely beautiful. I decorate it in all white just like any other tree.