Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Christmas Trees with Power in the Pole

@SweetSydney wrote:

Anyone with a Christmas tree with the power in the pole, can you tell me if you've had problems with the lights, and if so, were you able to fix the problem yourself? My DH & I want to buy one of Bethlehem Lights Shenandoah trees & they have the power in the pole. The 6.5' H218417  tree is  $369.00 + $36.00 S & H. The 7.5' tree  H218418 is $459.00 +$46.00 S & H. We live on a fixed income so either price is a lot for us to pay for a 2nd tree. So, I'd like to find out if having the power in the pole might present a problem that we can't fix. We have an 8'  tree with clear lights but it doesn't have power in the pole.

@SweetSydney

I got my Martha Stewart 7.5 Christmas tree with power in  in the pole, at Home Depot. You can change from multi to white lights and change the setting on the lights from steady to blinking to glisten.  This is going to be my 4th season and I had it on constantly.....

Home Depot can ship them to you.  Someone said delivery is free too............. 

To me Home Depot had the best quality, at the best price.  Now you can spend big bucks at Balsam Hill...thats an individual choice........................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

Anyone with a Christmas tree with the power in the pole, can you tell me if you've had problems with the lights, and if so, were you able to fix the problem yourself? My DH & I want to buy one of Bethlehem Lights Shenandoah trees & they have the power in the pole. The 6.5' H218417  tree is  $369.00 + $36.00 S & H. The 7.5' tree  H218418 is $459.00 +$46.00 S & H. We live on a fixed income so either price is a lot for us to pay for a 2nd tree. So, I'd like to find out if having the power in the pole might present a problem that we can't fix. We have an 8'  tree with clear lights but it doesn't have power in the pole.

@SweetSydney

I got my Martha Stewart 7.5 Christmas tree with power in  in the pole, at Home Depot. You can change from multi to white lights and change the setting on the lights from steady to blinking to glisten.  This is going to be my 4th season and I had it on constantly.....

To me Home Depot had the best quality, at the best price.  Now you can spend big bucks at other places thats an individual choice........................

@Spurt
Our Home Depot doesn't sell Christmas trees. We have a great store "American Sales" and they sell Christmas trees. We've been shopping there for over 30 years. They always have a huge selection. So, after Thanksgiving when they put up the display trees, my DH & I are going there to buy a tree. We have a beautiful 8' tree with clear lights that we put in our Great room. We want another tree with multi-color lights.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

About 3 years ago I was searching for a Christmas tree.  American Sales told me the Trees had a 5 year warranty, the lights were only a 1 year warranty. 

I bought a floor model tree from Lowe's  It's called iTwinkle.  The lights sych to music. DH says it's the most beautiful tree we ever had. 

This year during CIJ he had me buy the Santa's Best flocked tree.  We had it up for about a month.  He really likes that one too. Actually said, maybe not put up the iTwinkle.  I said no to that! ha

Valued Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

About 3 years ago I was searching for a Christmas tree.  American Sales told me the Trees had a 5 year warranty, the lights were only a 1 year warranty. 

I bought a floor model tree from Lowe's  It's called iTwinkle.  The lights sych to music. DH says it's the most beautiful tree we ever had. 

This year during CIJ he had me buy the Santa's Best flocked tree.  We had it up for about a month.  He really likes that one too. Actually said, maybe not put up the iTwinkle.  I said no to that! ha

@Mary Bailey

We never worry about the warranty on the lights on the Christmas trees from American Sales, because we  had  one 5' tree and the lights lasted 15 years  and they were still working, (only had to  change a few bulbs occasionally) but I wanted to change them to purple with a few strings of slow random twinkle lights. Just threw that tree away  this month.
Our Home Depot doesn't carry the trees in the store. And  we want to see the tree.
Your  iTwinkle tree sounds beautiful.
Good luck with your Santa's Best flocked tree. I was hoping QVC would bring back the Hallmark flocked tree in a 7.5'. No such luck. We have a beautiful 8' tree with clear lights that we  put in our  Great room but I'd  like a multi-color tree for another room.
I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe