Valued Contributor

Re: Question About Hallmark Flocked Trees

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Yes, I remember those specifically. Was so tempted to get one of the Hallmark trees.

@AuntG

Was there a particular  reason you didn't get one?

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Super Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@KellKats wrote:

Multicolor lights on these flocked trees are GORGEOUS!! I bought a BL white flocked tree years ago and it is so pretty with multi lights on it at night!

@KellKats
Is the flocking holding up well?

@SweetSydney I'll be honest..I have only used it one year as I have another green flocked tree I use in other years and I usually do the woodland theme with that. This year I am getting the white one out again... I will say the flocking on my green trees have held up for a long time and it has never yellowed either. I also store my trees in those nice big qvc tree storage bags that are massive and hold quite a big so I do take care of them well!

Valued Contributor

@KellKats wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@KellKats wrote:

Multicolor lights on these flocked trees are GORGEOUS!! I bought a BL white flocked tree years ago and it is so pretty with multi lights on it at night!

@KellKats

@SweetSydney I'll be honest..I have only used it one year as I have another green flocked tree I use in other years and I usually do the woodland theme with that. This year I am getting the white one out again... I will say the flocking on my green trees have held up for a long time and it has never yellowed either. I also store my trees in those nice big qvc tree storage bags that are massive and hold quite a big so I do take care of them well!

@KellKats
That sounds  like the flocked trees will hold  up  well as long as they're stored properly. We have our 8' tree in a Classics Accessories Seasons Christmas Tree Rolling Storage Duffel. They make ornamement boxes, too. I have several of those. I've never had a broken ornament since I bought them.

Marilyn Monroe
Super Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@KellKats wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@KellKats wrote:

@KellKats

@KellKats
That sounds  like the flocked trees will hold  up  well as long as they're stored properly. We have our 8' tree in a Classics Accessories Seasons Christmas Tree Rolling Storage Duffel. They make ornamement boxes, too. I have several of those. I've never had a broken ornament since I bought them.

@SweetSydney Yes, those tree bags are really nice...you can sure get an awful lot in them like extra garlands, extra bags of snow fluff, etc!!

Frequent Contributor

I actually bought 2 of these last year and love them! We are over the top when it comes to Christmas. We host a large family gathering every year and always get appreciative comments about the decor.  We already had 2 large trees on our first floor - one in the front of the house that is flocked (not Hallmark) with white lights that I decorate in gold and silver, then a non-flocked with multi lights and all the fun, cherished family ornaments in our family room. Our kids have trees in their bedrooms too.

When we saw the Hallmark flocked trees we had to have one! It is beautiful and quite literally sets up in seconds! You tap a button on the cord with your foot and bam! Lights are on.  I didn’t even add any ornaments because it was so pretty on its own. We put it in our finished basement, another popular hang out spot, and it’s lovely in the dark if the kids have friends over and are watching a movie, etc.  My son loved it so much, we got the smaller tree for his bedroom and he couldn’t wait to put it up!

Bear in mind the multi lights are not your typical jewel tone, bright lights. They are definitely more a pastel. It takes some getting used to, but it’s just like a snow covered tree from the forest is in your home.

It comes with gloves to help protect the flocking when you are adjusting the branches. There was minimal shedding from either tree last year. 

I definitely recommend them. The ease of assembly alone is like a Christmas miracle!

Esteemed Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Trix
No problem. Until I joined QVC I didn't know Hallmark sold Christmas trees & decorations on QVC either. I hope you find some wreaths at an affordable price. I used to be on Facebook,  and Balsam Hill has a page there, and I was shocked by their prices. QVC has much more affordable Christmas trees and decorations.

@SweetSydney I've been a QVC shopper since 1990 and I try to keep up with what they are doing, so I actually got a bit of a chuckle out of not knowing they have been  selling some Hallmark holiday decor items. Woman Wink  

QVC usually has a Bethlehem Lights decorated lit wreath TSV. If not during July, then it will be one day in September or October.  If there is a flocked choice I'll have my wreaths. Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@Trix
No problem. Until I joined QVC I didn't know Hallmark sold Christmas trees & decorations on QVC either. I hope you find some wreaths at an affordable price. I used to be on Facebook,  and Balsam Hill has a page there, and I was shocked by their prices. QVC has much more affordable Christmas trees and decorations.

@SweetSydney I've been a QVC shopper since 1990 and I try to keep up with what they are doing, so I actually got a bit of a chuckle out of not knowing they have been  selling some Hallmark holiday decor items. Woman Wink  

QVC usually has a Bethlehem Lights decorated lit wreath TSV. If not during July, then it will be one day in September or October.  If there is a flocked choice I'll have my wreaths. Woman Happy

@Trix
Wow ~ You've been a QVC shopper for a long time. (I have a friend that fries her credit cards shopping on QVC.  Smiley Sad)

I'll admit, you made me smile reading  that you didn't know QVC had been selling Hallmark holiday items.
Smiley Wink
I love the  colors of the Bethlehem lights. So, I'll  probably buy a few of  their flocked wreaths.
Thanks so much for the heads up!

Marilyn Monroe