Valued Contributor

Question About Hallmark Flocked Trees

Has anyone had one of the Hallmark Flocked Christmas trees for a few years? If  so, how well has the flocking held up?
Thank you.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question About Hallmark Flocked Trees

@SweetSydney Are you referring to the Balsam Hill brand which advertises on the Hallmark networks, and is credited with being the provider of the trees and holiday decorations used on the network's Christmas movie sets?  I have not personally used one of their flocked trees, but have seen one along with Balsam Hills garland and wreaths.  I thought the items were beautiful, but can't speak to their longevity as I did not ask the hosts if the items were new or had been used in previous seasons.  Guests who commented on the beauty were only told the items were artificial and were from Balsam Hills, which they had discovered from watching Hallmark Christmas movies. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SweetSydney

I have the Hallmark flocked tree that QVC offered two years ago.

It was featured in the video that Alberti did at his home .

It is gorgeous !

I have only had it for two seasons but so far so good !

I hope that helps !

Frequent Contributor

@Trix

The Hallmark brand sells things on QVC. Last year they had flocked trees. That's probably what she's referring to. But I have seen the shameless Balsam Hills advertising on Hallmark movies that you're talking about! On Switched For Christmas I believe.

Valued Contributor

@Gsmom wrote:

@SweetSydney

I have the Hallmark flocked tree that QVC offered two years ago.

It was featured in the video that Alberti did at his home .

It is gorgeous !

I have only had it for two seasons but so far so good !

I hope that helps !

@Gsmom
Thank you, that really does help!

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@IdahoMom wrote:

@Trix

The Hallmark brand sells things on QVC. Last year they had flocked trees. That's probably what she's referring to. But I have seen the shameless Balsam Hills advertising on Hallmark movies that you're talking about! On Switched For Christmas I believe.

@Trix
I remember seeing the Hallmark flocked trees last year, but I wasn't a member of QVC during CIJ, and the tree I wanted was sold out.
Balsam Hill has outrageous prices!

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@SweetSydney Are you referring to the Balsam Hill brand which advertises on the Hallmark networks, and is credited with being the provider of the trees and holiday decorations used on the network's Christmas movie sets?  I have not personally used one of their flocked trees, but have seen one along with Balsam Hills garland and wreaths.  I thought the items were beautiful, but can't speak to their longevity as I did not ask the hosts if the items were new or had been used in previous seasons.  Guests who commented on the beauty were only told the items were artificial and were from Balsam Hills, which they had discovered from watching Hallmark Christmas movies. 

@Trix
No, I am referring to the Hallmark flocked tree that was on QVC last year.

Marilyn Monroe
Trusted Contributor

The Hallmark tree is beautiful. I came really close to buying the 9ft. tree last year until I notice when they did a close-up that all the branches weren't the same kind of tree. I was so disappointed.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the small one last year as a second tree. Big tree with colored lights in the living room, table top Hallmark tree with clear lights in the family room. Used all silver and clear ornaments. Needs very few, as this tree is very dense. Stunning!

Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

Has anyone had one of the Hallmark Flocked Christmas trees for a few years? If  so, how well has the flocking held up?
Thank you.

Well, I've only had mine for one year but I was pleasantly surprised that there was almost zero shedding, both when setting up and putting it away.