Valued Contributor

Re: Question About Green Kaleidoscope Tree Color

@loriqvc wrote:

I have four of the green trees, and all are shiny like you'd expect from mercury glass and what I would describe as a true Christmas tree green. However, one is noticeably lighter than the others; it still looks great unlit, but if I sit it next to its friends, you can see the difference. And one tree has an area of about 1.5" across from top to bottom where it seems that the green coloring was applied more darkly. Again, this is barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Overall, I love my green trees and am trying to resist the temptation to buy another one. Smiley Happy

@loriqvc
Since you have 4 green trees & they're all shiny I feel safe to order two. They won't be next to each other. Thank you very much for answering my question. Smiley Very Happy

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

I have four of the green trees, and all are shiny like you'd expect from mercury glass and what I would describe as a true Christmas tree green. However, one is noticeably lighter than the others; it still looks great unlit, but if I sit it next to its friends, you can see the difference. And one tree has an area of about 1.5" across from top to bottom where it seems that the green coloring was applied more darkly. Again, this is barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Overall, I love my green trees and am trying to resist the temptation to buy another one. Smiley Happy

@loriqvc
Since you have 4 green trees & they're all shiny I feel safe to order two. They won't be next to each other. Thank you very much for answering my question. Smiley Very Happy

@SweetSydney - In case it is helpful, I'm attaching the photo I took of my first tree that I posted in this forum a few weeks ago. This actually ended up being the "lighter tree" I referenced in my previous post; I was pleasantly surprised when the trees that followed it were an even richer green. Good luck!VPHgreentree.png

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc

@SweetSydney - In case it is helpful, I'm attaching the photo I took of my first tree that I posted in this forum a few weeks ago. This actually ended up being the "lighter tree" I referenced in my previous post; I was pleasantly surprised when the trees that followed it were an even richer green. Good luck!VPHgreentree.png

@loriqvc
Thank you a million times over. The pictures are beyond helpful. My DH opened his own account, and we ordered 2 green trees & he got $5.00 off because it was his 1st order.

Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

@SweetSydney - I hope you love them as much as I do! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc
I suspect I will love them as much as you! Smiley Happy  I'm anxious to get them now.  I think they're going to be beautiful on each side of our fireplace mantel. Wanted to ask you, do you notice bright colors at the bottom of your trees? I don't see any in your pictures.

Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SweetSydney wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc
I suspect I will love them as much as you! Smiley Happy  I'm anxious to get them now.  I think they're going to be beautiful on each side of our fireplace mantel. Wanted to ask you, do you notice bright colors at the bottom of your trees? I don't see any in your pictures.

@SweetSydney - If you look at the lit images of the tree in my picture, you can likely see where the light source sits right in the bottom center, and that is fairly visible while the lightshow is in process. At least for me, though it is noticeable, it isn't distracting; I find that I can enjoy the movement of the lights throughout the tree and around the room without focusing on the mechanics too much. It probably depends on your angle of view as to how obvious the light source is.

One added note: Others have described issues with the multi lights not going all the way to the top or being distributed evenly throughout the tree, but I have not experienced that—with the exception of my defective tree, which has begun only showing red in the multi setting for about 30 seconds before switching to only blue and green. I'm going to take a chance on trying to exchange it because I love these trees.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SweetSydney wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@loriqvc

@SweetSydney - If you look at the lit images of the tree in my picture, you can likely see where the light source sits right in the bottom center, and that is fairly visible while the lightshow is in process. At least for me, though it is noticeable, it isn't distracting; I find that I can enjoy the movement of the lights throughout the tree and around the room without focusing on the mechanics too much. It probably depends on your angle of view as to how obvious the light source is.

One added note: Others have described issues with the multi lights not going all the way to the top or being distributed evenly throughout the tree, but I have not experienced that—with the exception of my defective tree, which has begun only showing red in the multi setting for about 30 seconds before switching to only blue and green. I'm going to take a chance on trying to exchange it because I love these trees.

@loriqvc
It sounds like it would be less distracting than in the Silver tree. I had problems with the Silver trees. The red and green became very noticeable after I had the trees 3-4 days. I asked Valerie about it on Facebook, and she said while she couldn't see what I was describing, those two colors shouldn't stand out. And the colors didn't go all the way to the top. I'd definitely exchange the tree since you love the trees. Anytime something is mass produced there's bound to be problems.

Marilyn Monroe