Valued Contributor

Question About Green Kaleidoscope Tree Color

Anyone that has the  Green Kaleidoscope Tree, can you tell me if the color is a dull green when it's unlit? On Valerie's page on Facebook, the color looks dull.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Occasional Contributor

Re: Question About Green Kaleidoscope Tree Color

I have the green Kaleidoscope tree. It is a beautiful rich green color when not lit. I have purchased 3 of the green and all have been beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Mine are fairly bright also. I wouldn't call it "patent leather" shiny but still pretty when unlit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the picture with the green trees around the ginger bread house on the product page is spot on.

Valued Contributor

@Gamaof15 wrote:

I have the green Kaleidoscope tree. It is a beautiful rich green color when not lit. I have purchased 3 of the green and all have been beautiful.

@Gamaof15
Thank you so much. My DH wants the green, but I didn't want it if the color was dull when unlit.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Mine are fairly bright also. I wouldn't call it "patent leather" shiny but still pretty when unlit.

@froggy
I'm glad to hear it. Now that I think of it, I  remember that you bought the green. I'm glad to hear it's not dull.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

I think the picture with the green trees around the ginger bread house on the product page is spot on.

@GCR18
For some reason, I thought the green trees looked dull when they were unlit, in that picture.
Edited: I went back & watched the video on Facebook & the trees don't look dull after all. Guess I remembered them wrong.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

They do look dull.  Looking at my tree, it's part dull and part shiny.  The top is shiny and the tips of the branches are dull.

Valued Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

They do look dull.  Looking at my tree, it's part dull and part shiny.  The top is shiny and the tips of the branches are dull.

@GCR18
Thank you for telling me. I don't want them since they look dull on the tips of the branches. I wanted to put one on each side of my fireplace mantel.

Marilyn Monroe
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have four of the green trees, and all are shiny like you'd expect from mercury glass and what I would describe as a true Christmas tree green. However, one is noticeably lighter than the others; it still looks great unlit, but if I sit it next to its friends, you can see the difference. And one tree has an area of about 1.5" across from top to bottom where it seems that the green coloring was applied more darkly. Again, this is barely noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Overall, I love my green trees and am trying to resist the temptation to buy another one. Smiley Happy