Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 Holiday Decorating with Alberti

@Mominohio wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Gift bags are not what I consider decor.  This is called Holiday Decorating with Alberti.  Same few items, show after show.  Woman Sad

@SHOPR @Mominohio

ITA!  And I think what most of us home decor folks envisioned for a decorating show for Albrerti and what QVC envisioned are MILES APART!!!!  Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

I thought it would be more like his Facebook videos, but it was more like a RERUN of things from Saturday!  Why dont they go to his home and do a show like they did for Lisa!!!

I think this is it for the Holiday seasonal decor, and for the rest of the season it will be gifts, gifts, gifts....get ready for Poopouri, Bose, vacuums, Flash pad in its new form, lighted car race tracks, magnetic blocks, Kitchen Aid Mixer, computers/tablets--you know the SAME STUFF with sales pitch as a gift--especially all those teachers and school bus drivers, nail techs etc etc Woman Wink

And I know lanterns are popular but COME ON...it seems EVERY Q VENDOR had a lantern, Im tired of all the merchandise being the same, (even the clothing--you cant tell the difference between Quacker Factory Susan Graver, Issac, D&C, Belle etc)  these QVC buyers do a POOR job!!! Woman Mad

@Spurt

There will be holiday decor shows in September, but by October, they will be moving more toward the gift items for sure. 

Yes, it's too early for all these repeats. Still want to see lots of new!

@Mominohio

Yep, I agree I would love to see lots of new, but Im just not very optimistic!!!  For those of us that like Jim Shore's art we can be hopeful about his show in September---not sure if it will be Halloween or Christmas items!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Gift bags are not what I consider decor.  This is called Holiday Decorating with Alberti.  Same few items, show after show.  Woman Sad

@SHOPR @Mominohio

ITA!  And I think what most of us home decor folks envisioned for a decorating show for Albrerti and what QVC envisioned are MILES APART!!!!  Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

I thought it would be more like his Facebook videos, but it was more like a RERUN of things from Saturday!  Why dont they go to his home and do a show like they did for Lisa!!!

I think this is it for the Holiday seasonal decor, and for the rest of the season it will be gifts, gifts, gifts....get ready for Poopouri, Bose, vacuums, Flash pad in its new form, lighted car race tracks, magnetic blocks, Kitchen Aid Mixer, computers/tablets--you know the SAME STUFF with sales pitch as a gift--especially all those teachers and school bus drivers, nail techs etc etc Woman Wink

And I know lanterns are popular but COME ON...it seems EVERY Q VENDOR had a lantern, Im tired of all the merchandise being the same, (even the clothing--you cant tell the difference between Quacker Factory Susan Graver, Issac, D&C, Belle etc)  these QVC buyers do a POOR job!!! Woman Mad

@Spurt

There will be holiday decor shows in September, but by October, they will be moving more toward the gift items for sure. 

Yes, it's too early for all these repeats. Still want to see lots of new!

@Mominohio

Yep, I agree I would love to see lots of new, but Im just not very optimistic!!!  For those of us that like Jim Shore's art we can be hopeful about his show in September---not sure if it will be Halloween or Christmas items!!! 

@Spurt  I am pretty sure Jim will bring Halloween, already had two Christmas shows.

Contributor

Adding my “voice” to the chorus in case someone from the Q is actually reading! The show last night was so disappointing. Alberti is such a joy to watch, and he is so good at what he does! I was looking forward to watching all day, and was so bummed that he got what felt like the day’s big deal (again), Q leftovers, and that random Santa. Please, give him more! He has a lot to offer, so use him!
Esteemed Contributor

I tried to watch Alberti last night on Q2, but couldn't get past all his giddiness.  I gave up.  I like him, but never saw him act like he did last night.  But then maybe I don't see him often enough to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I tried to watch Alberti last night on Q2, but couldn't get past all his giddiness.  I gave up.  I like him, but never saw him act like he did last night.  But then maybe I don't see him often enough to know.

------------------

I have always liked Alberti, but I agree...his laughing spells are getting in the way of his presentations.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

------------------

I have always liked Alberti, but I agree...his laughing spells are getting in the way of his presentations.

----------------------

I want to add...I watched Alberti's show with Valerie last night.  And I am happy to say, that he did not react to Valerie like he did on the last shows.  Last time, he was so 'overjoyed' at working with her that he did seem giddy! And his constant giggling was a real distraction.

However, last night he was more in tune with Valerie's calm. cool demeanor. And the nervous laughter was minimal.  Alberti knows his decor and this is the Alberti I like to watch!!!!

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch any of the programming, but, and I know I'm in the minority here, I just don't care for Alberti. I did watch his video made from his home last year and it was better, but a lot of his decor he said was provided to him from his local florist. I like his style of decor, although it's not what I try to emulate, but know he doesn't do this all on his own. Sorry to all his fans, if my post upsets you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Adding one complaint in hopes TPTB are reading.  Hosts should not state things that are false.  If they are not certain, they should refrain from commenting on that detail. 

Example: Alberti said that all of Valerie's wreaths are made with grapevine bases, which is not true.  Even Valerie has mentioned in the past how some of her wreaths are made without that thick base, but with a wire base, etc.

This is my gripe pertaining to any host, but some are worse at it than others.  Perhaps it does not really affect the sale, but for me, I'm left thinking how easily they tell falsehoods as facts on this network. 

Frequent Contributor

I thought the show last night was frantic push to sell,sell,personally I think Alberto last night was pushing to hard .