Regular Contributor

Any thoughts on the QVC2 Big Deal Candles today?  I think this brand could be purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Does anyone have this brand, how is the battery life please share any information.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

I have the same candles from Candle Impressions.  I like mine as they are long lasting and give just a small hint of light.  Not bright.  But they are too small for some hurricanes and too tall for votive type holders.  But mine last a long time. 

Trusted Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

Any thoughts on the QVC2 Big Deal Candles today?  I think this brand could be purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Does anyone have this brand, how is the battery life please share any information.  Thanks

@aunt bea  Just was watching the latest presentation and the rep said they take AA batteries that last approx. 500 hrs.  I also have the Candle Impression ones, but these seem like they could be worth a shot. Not that expensive and at least they don't take the button batteries.  write back and let us know if you get them and how you like them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been looking at them....especially the red.  But I think I want more light to be shown...not just one third of the candle.  Will keep looking...do like that there are no watch batteries required!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC2 Big Deal candles

[ Edited ]

I have the Pacific Accents votives in ivory.  They are the same basic size and shape as the CI votives, except a tiny bit slimmer and then they have the curvy top.  I only have the CI votives in a peachy orange color, so can't do a perfectly fair brightness comparison between those two, since the peach wax is darker, but will say that the PA ivories glow a lot brighter than the peach CIs. 

The PA votives' wax coating seems much thinner than the CI, so they feel more like a plastic candle with a thin spray of wax, which doesn't bother me, but FYI.  Their glow is (although brighter) a little deeper amber orange than all my other original cream CIs.  In other words,  if you are unhappy with the more amber orange glow from CI candles with an embedded wick, you will probably also be unhappy with these.  If you are expecting the lighter yellow to white Luminara glow, these do not glow that color.  However, they also don't glow pink or red like they show on tv.

I am currently using only one of these, and I can't remember how long it lasts between batteries.  I think that it may last at least 2 or 3 months on the 4 hour timer.  Just like with many of my other candles, I can see some dark and light areas in the base when lit, where the battery components are located.  

I tried to take a comparison pic to share,  but I couldn't get the accurate glow color to photograph.  Oh well.

I have no need for any more 3 inch tall votives, but I think these are a very good deal, and I would recommend you give them a try,  if none of the things I wrote above would bother you.  Some people here spoke highly of them years ago, and I have been pleased with them.  Now that I have some Luminara tall votives, I like their glow color much better, but I don't like their battery life at all.  They also take 2AAs.   HTH!

Valued Contributor

They have a little light bulb  These are so old school

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have similar candles and I use them in small holiday decor that has tealight holders.  They are taller than tea lights but I find they fit most of the time and look awesome without the risk of a real flame.   They last a long time and have timers.  I use white.

Honored Contributor

I have things similar to this that take AA batteries, got them locally and don't know the brand. 

Mine had 'drip wax' and while they are just a cheapo little candle, I have a lot of used for them and they have been really good performing with great battery life. 

I don't need a moving flame candle for every application in my flameless candle needs. Sometimes little cheap things like this do the job as well or better, and for much less money. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks all!  I'm still not sure if I'm going to purchase or not, will watch the 8PM show and then make a decision.  I really wanted the Luminara votives but with the cost, horrible reviews and eating batteries I passed on them.  Will post if I purchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

I have been looking at them....especially the red.  But I think I want more light to be shown...not just one third of the candle.  Will keep looking...do like that there are no watch batteries required!!

PS - So  I ordered and then cancelled.  Decided the red was too brown and I wanted more light to the candle.