Esteemed Contributor

QVC's Decor Inspiration Helped Me And I Have Just Moved Forward!

I only decorated for Christmas when my children were growing up. In the summer, I cut flowers for the downstairs rooms. When my children were married, I started seeing seasonal decor in their homes and thought I would like to do that. Problem is, my DH is better at decorating than I am. Enter QVC. Now I know what to do. Today, I entered my next stage. I was walking through Walmart and spied all the building blocks of so many QVC offerings. If I had the smallest bit of artistic creativity in me I would have seen this already. Just take this lantern, add a candle and some seasonal pics and ta-dah! lovely seasonal decor! When I saw that metal house/lantern frame just like the one Luminara offered on QVC, I had an epiphany - in a Walmart sort of way. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's Decor Inspiration Helped Me And I Have Just Moved Forward!

@PA Mom-mom   When DD was little, I shopped Walmart every Christmas season, found wonderful decor, bags for presents, beautiful artwork, don't see this type any longer, and of course, toys.  I bought a lot of scrapbooking items there.  Now, I only shop there online, and for just basic necessities, checking the price at amazon.

A few years ago, I bought a wonderful large lantern at Home Goods with Merry Christmas to All with Santa and Reindeer on the glass, and a candle on timer inside, all I needed to do was to change the topping.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl  I love Home Goods as well. I could stay there all day! However, when I saw that $6.95 metal house that I almost bought from QVC with a small Luminara candle I already have, I just realized I need to tap into my imagination!

Esteemed Contributor

I saw that house at W Mart the other day and almost bought it. It could be used for any season different ways. 
  I'll have to return and check them out!🏠🏠

Honored Contributor

Your post made me happy. Those QVC sets do help with ideas. I'm not a Pinterest person because I waste too much time out there.

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I do this with my candle impressions latern. I have pumpkin sprigs in there now, and I love it. I'll  change them out with the holidays. I do this with an urn by my driveway.It's a super easy and minimalistc way to enjoy the holidays.

Respected Contributor

I was watching At Home with David and he had Christmas lights in a fireplace got me thinking, I never use the fireplace has a few wood logs in there from previous owner. I found 4ft of orange lights put them in there with a timer comes on at night very nice since I never pay attention to the fireplace. I will find some yellow lights & mix them in. I was going to do the flameless candles but would go threw batteries fast if I use it every night.  Also I do get some kitchen tips with the cooking shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel I love that you also found inspiration! I have lots of the BL mini light strands that are very easy on battery use. Each year I find more ways to use them. They look great in a vase, and they are good for lighting up the interior of a china closet or book shelf! I also have a fall colored BL light strand that goes well strung over whatever my front door "corner" display happens to be. It looked so welcoming during and after hurricane Sandy, when we were out of power for 3 days.

Honored Contributor

I've had many a Walmart epiphany myself! And they are so much more affordable, aren't they?! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I've had many a Walmart epiphany myself! And they are so much more affordable, aren't they?! LOL

@Mominohio  So true! I'm getting the feeling that you really have to be there at the right time. Nothing good lasts long at Walmart. I'm retiring soon and will have a better chance for a good find.