Super Contributor

I would be interested in opinions of those that have purchased trees from QVC in the past.  I know they have several varieties, but wanted to know if you were pleased or disappointed when it arrived.

Christmas in July will be here soon, and I may be in the market for another one.  Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Christmas tree brands

PUrchased a Bethlehem Lights 9 foot Christmas tree years ago.  First year, everything worked.  Second year, problems with lights.  Some stopped working and had problems with color change feature and twinkle.  I have two trees from Home Depot.  a 7 foot and 12 foot.  Both purchased at end of year prices.  The 7 foot cost about $50-$70 and the 12 foot was $100.  Had them for some time now and they're great.  Would not buy a tree from QVC.  Better prices and quality elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Although a bit pricey, I recommend Vickerman, Balsam Hill, and Barcana. 

QVC sells Vickerman, not Balsam Hill and Barcana.  

Look around for lower prices.

Esteemed Contributor

@Coastalcarolina  I bought a Santa's Best 5' tree for my office area a few years back. It was much shorter than 5', but was very pretty. Had to pack it up and send it back. Kind of a pain. As much as I would love the ease of shopping for a tree on QVC, I'm just not certain of the quality. If I don't like it, I'd have to pack it up again.

Our home tree was purchased at Costco 7 years ago for $395.00 (7 1/2 ft.). We figured if we got 5 years out of it, we would break even vs. live trees. It's a color flip tree, and the lights are all working well. Some of the branches are starting to sag a bit, but the ornaments cover them up.

I think I would go back and buy another one from Costco, or if I could convince DH, I would go for Balsam Hill.

Super Contributor

The last tree I purchased came from Lowes.  It was an after Christmas sale.  Kind of a Charlie Brown 🥹.   I have that tree decorated to the hilt to try and hide open spots.  

I don't want to spend a fortune and I thought this would be the best time to go ahead and get another one.  But poor old Charlie Brown.....might just keep and put in another room.🥰

Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered two Bethlehem Lights trees from QVC over the years and was happy with them.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I picked up a Mr. Christmass tree last year with the Alexa feature.  It looked full and beautiful on the set and the option of having different light themes was what I was looking for.  I think it was almost $500 and that was on sale.  But when it came in I could see it wasn't worth it.  It was skinny and the branches wouldn't "fluff" - they just spung back.  There were HUGE empty gaps in the tree. The lights didn't always work as they should either, it was hit or miss, so right after Christmas it went back.  

I did see some positive reviews so some people liked it, but I was hugely disappointed.  So I'll be looking for something better this year too.  Not sure if QVC is the place though. Good luck!

Super Contributor

I had read some reviews about different ones that people paid quite a bit for and they were disappointed.  Last season I was shopping at Hobby Lobby and couldn't believe the prices.  A tree the same size I have was at least $200 more. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought my last tree in 2018 from Home Depot. I don't think that I paid more than $170. Super easy to put up and it has 6 different light functions. I have used it 5 seasons so far with no problems. It's probably a 61/2 or 7' tree and has a smaller circumference but not a pencil tree. Perfect size for my sunroom. 

Honored Contributor