Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Nothing that I need.

@lucymo  We can make our own. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Yes, we can make our own.  I was shocked that this was the Big Deal.  Pretty but not at that price.  I was thinking a Big Deal would be something, well big, like the wreath and garland at a special price.  That wasn't the case though.  Smiley Sad

Good Morning @lucymo & @mousiegirl~ I'm kinda underwhelmed by this one, and most everything else that I'm seeing, too.

To be honest, I've been a little discouraged by several of the things I've picked up lately, from the Q. I ended up sending the magnolia and berry wreath back.. it was constantly dropping berries and other little pieces of the wreath. Then, the copper gourd went back because it was always leaning to one side.. not sure if that was intentional, but it bothered me since it didn't look like that in the presentaion. Anyway, I hope everyone has had better luck, and have been enjoying all your fall goodies!   

@LIG1  Good morning to you.  I agree that the prices have shot up while the quality has gone down.  I like a lot of Valerie's items but for the prices I have to wonder if they are worth it.  I started buying from Valerie in the early 90's and loved most all of it, hardly any returns. Now, I return a lot due to quality, mostly.

Sorry the copper gourd didn't work out for you.  It is so disappointing to plan for an item and then have to return it.  They are sold out now, aren't they? 

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  Yes, we can make our own.  I was shocked that this was the Big Deal.  Pretty but not at that price.  I was thinking a Big Deal would be something, well big, like the wreath and garland at a special price.  That wasn't the case though.  Smiley Sad

@lucymo, It seems to me like they deliberately choose an item that either has a low sellout risk, or a type of item that they can order in massive quantities to last throughout the day.  I haven't tuned in any since 9pm last night, but items recently aired makes it appear that they are just re-running last night's 9pm show throughout the day today on QVC2.  They would not be able to re-run that show multiple times if there was a high sellout risk for the Big Deal item.  It took up almost half of the show last night.  Hope all that made sense. 

Just my thoughts, but it doesn't seem like Big Deals are all that big of a deal at the moment.  Maybe if they add more live programming to QVC2 in the future, this will improve. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo, It seems to me like they deliberately choose an item that either has a low sellout risk, or a type of item that they can order in massive quantities to last throughout the day.  I haven't tuned in any since 9pm last night, but items recently aired makes it appear that they are just re-running last night's 9pm show throughout the day today on QVC2.  They would not be able to re-run that show multiple times if there was a high sellout risk for the Big Deal item.  It took up almost half of the show last night.  Hope all that made sense. 

Just my thoughts, but it doesn't seem like Big Deals are all that big of a deal at the moment.  Maybe if they add more live programming to QVC2 in the future, this will improve. 

@SHOPR  You are probably right.  Maybe Q2 is just there to try to sell what didn't sell out on the Qlive.  I was so disappointed in Valerie's show offerings that I turned it off before it was over.  I don't need anymore fall decor anyway.  I do like the new wreath and garland but the price stopped me.  Did you buy anything?

Respected Contributor

This vase with flowers and microlights are not a good value. I made something similar last year in my kitchen and it cost me $15 with the microlights I put in the jar. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Nothing that I need.

Good Morning @lucymo & @mousiegirl~ I'm kinda underwhelmed by this one, and most everything else that I'm seeing, too.

To be honest, I've been a little discouraged by several of the things I've picked up lately, from the Q. I ended up sending the magnolia and berry wreath back.. it was constantly dropping berries and other little pieces of the wreath. Then, the copper gourd went back because it was always leaning to one side.. not sure if that was intentional, but it bothered me since it didn't look like that in the presentaion. Anyway, I hope everyone has had better luck, and have been enjoying all your fall goodies!   

@LIG1  Good morning to you.  I agree that the prices have shot up while the quality has gone down.  I like a lot of Valerie's items but for the prices I have to wonder if they are worth it.  I started buying from Valerie in the early 90's and loved most all of it, hardly any returns. Now, I return a lot due to quality, mostly.

Sorry the copper gourd didn't work out for you.  It is so disappointing to plan for an item and then have to return it.  They are sold out now, aren't they? 

@lucymo  So true re returns.  I have recently returned three items due to quality, and another on the way.  I ordered the three burlap birds, and in the presentation and in the item description they are a light color.  In reality, they are a very deep brown, a completely different color, so they are going back.  How can they send an item, without telling the viewers, that it is so much darker in reality.

Trusted Contributor

I was personally shocked at this item.  a Big Deal SHOULD be a Big deal.

This is a nothing special deal for me.  I was disappointed really. 

I heard she was having a big deal and was excited thinking Valerie would bring something spectacular and affordable.

Passing on this one for sure.

I was hoping for a wreath or something. Oh well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q2 VALERIE'S BIG DEAL

[ Edited ]

I watched the beginning of the show, but immediately thought... "not such a big deal"!!  I bought something similar -just vases, no flowers - several years ago from Valerie and the microlights just ate up the batteries!

PS - just found none of those items in the back of a shelf...they were mason jars, not vases!  Looked nice when the lights worked, but batteries did not last long!

Esteemed Contributor

Quite a few years ago, when battery operated microlights with timers first came on the scene, this might've been a huge hit and not have seemed so overpriced.  Now that the microlights with timers are everywhere ($3-$5 per strand at Walmart last Christmas) and the mercury glass and other colored glass containers are everywhere, the price for this seems double what it should be. 

I think it's pretty, but it isn't a special deal. 

@lucymo, You asked if I was buying anything.  No, I'm not.  Pretty items, but nothing I need or really want.  

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

This vase with flowers and microlights are not a good value. I made something similar last year in my kitchen and it cost me $15 with the microlights I put in the jar. 

@BabyYoda  Exactly.  No, the big deal is not a good value.  Honestly, Walmart has some sunflower bushes with five nice large  flowers on it for $3.  They also have berry bushes too so I can believe I could duplicate that item for $15 or less.  I don't think very many posters on here ordered the 'deal' from what I've seen.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Nothing that I need.

@lucymo  So true re returns.  I have recently returned three items due to quality, and another on the way.  I ordered the three burlap birds, and in the presentation and in the item description they are a light color.  In reality, they are a very deep brown, a completely different color, so they are going back.  How can they send an item, without telling the viewers, that it is so much darker in reality.

@mousiegirl  It seems like there are no standards for merchandise anymore.  I wonder if the lighting on the sets makes the products appear a lighter color.  If so, then they should mention that so people are aware of it before they order.