Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 JIM SHORE IS ON NOW

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Spurt
She was a newscaster for 10 years?! 😳
Wow...call me dumbfounded.

@crazycockermom 

I remember the new hosts wrote blogs .....

Here's hers---

The past decade I've been in morning TV and some radio. Broadcasting has been such a rewarding career as I've been so humbled to be invited into people's homes the first part of the day, sharing a cup of coffee together, and talking about events affecting our world, our country and our communities. 

We made the 8 hour drive from Charlotte, NC to West Chester, PA. I was 6 months pregnant and leaving our dear friends, neighbors, first house and more than a decade as a newscaster to move to a place we’ve never been before (with the except of auditions a few weeks prior) to start a new journey in the world of home shopping.  I’m so thankful for a supportive hubby who’s always up for an adventure.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
I’m sad that she and I never got to share a cup of coffee together and talk about world events. 😢
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  That's interesting; ten years as an anchor is difficult for me to believe also.

She's mentioned on QVC that she and her husband met while both were working in Iowa (I believe she said Iowa City or Des Moines). He was doing sports and she was doing the weather. "It was love at first sight. And the rest is history." They were married a long time (close to 10 years IIRC) before their first child was born. We have heard all about "the busy mom" routine as if she's the only one to ever have lived such a life.  Don't hear of friends, classes, cooking, volunteering, reading, interests shared as a couple or socializing. She certainly isn't on air very many hours or setting goals for herself on QVC. 

With her vocabulary, low-key mannerisms, very sweet conversations and constant touching items/clothes/props, she would be a fabulous child-care provider. 

Another time, she mentioned living and working in CA. It sounded like she was single; she didn't mention what position or where she was employed. It seems like she's done some job-hopping from her comments on-air. She may be embellishing. IDK what the truth may be.

A poster on these Forums is also from SC and knew of her on TV. Was surprised QVC hired her, but didn't feel it was a loss for SC. I can't remember who the poster was. With any luck, she'll surface and fill us in on the details. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Dan Hughes hour with Jim Shore was filled with interesting conversation and interesting questions about Jim's work, history and his life. The hour flew! It was filled with details of how Jim Shore's ideas are formed and suddenly . . . he knows what the next piece(s) will be all at once! The man is amazing. He doesn't have to work out the intricate details; they suddenly appear! Fascinating conversation. Dan asked a question. Jim answered slowly and in detail. Dan listened quietly. A good host knows the personality of their guest. These men worked like a well-timed clock. They were in sync. Jim Shore's emotions were touched by Dan's probing questions. No fluff. Seriously fascinated questions. Great show! Lovely pieces by Jim Shore. Those baskets are amazing. Anxious to see his angels, too!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I thought Kristine was OK last night, but maybe I just tuned her out.

The basket is very pretty, and I love the indoor/outdoor bunny, but I'm not

buying anymore of the full size pieces. My storage spaces runneth over!

So, I've been collecting his woodland angels

in the ornament size and his minature Halloween pieces.

Always enjoy the shows even if I'm not buying. Jim is a pleasure to listen to.

Happy Shopping everyone Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Spurt  That's interesting; ten years as an anchor is difficult for me to believe also.

She's mentioned on QVC that she and her husband met while both were working in Iowa (I believe she said Iowa City or Des Moines). He was doing sports and she was doing the weather. "It was love at first sight. And the rest is history." They were married a long time (close to 10 years IIRC) before their first child was born. We have heard all about "the busy mom" routine as if she's the only one to ever have lived such a life.  Don't hear of friends, classes, cooking, volunteering, reading, interests shared as a couple or socializing. She certainly isn't on air very many hours or setting goals for herself on QVC. 

With her vocabulary, low-key mannerisms, very sweet conversations and constant touching items/clothes/props, she would be a fabulous child-care provider. 

Another time, she mentioned living and working in CA. It sounded like she was single; she didn't mention what position or where she was employed. It seems like she's done some job-hopping from her comments on-air. She may be embellishing. IDK what the truth may be.

A poster on these Forums is also from SC and knew of her on TV. Was surprised QVC hired her, but didn't feel it was a loss for SC. I can't remember who the poster was. With any luck, she'll surface and fill us in on the details. 

@BirkiLady 

I think a lot of the hosts were involved in TV, but it appears their careers were "short lived" ...if you get my drift...

From what I read QVC hosts get paid very nicely so it attracts a lot of interest but some just don't seem to click or fit in....And I think sometimes QVC goes for a "look" or a demographic....it appears QVC is looking for the "young busy mom"...to try to lure younger viewers in, but sometimes they don't appear to relate to the products...Some just weren't meant for QVC... It's not a personality thing where people have preferences in different host styles, this seems more due to a lack of preparation or training or interest in what's being presented.....It just makes for cringe worthy programing ......And it upsets me when it's a vendor that's special and only makes very limited appearances..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 JIM SHORE IS ON NOW

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

Dan Hughes hour with Jim Shore was filled with interesting conversation and interesting questions about Jim's work, history and his life. The hour flew! It was filled with details of how Jim Shore's ideas are formed and suddenly . . . he knows what the next piece(s) will be all at once! The man is amazing. He doesn't have to work out the intricate details; they suddenly appear! Fascinating conversation. Dan asked a question. Jim answered slowly and in detail. Dan listened quietly. A good host knows the personality of their guest. These men worked like a well-timed clock. They were in sync. Jim Shore's emotions were touched by Dan's probing questions. No fluff. Seriously fascinated questions. Great show! Lovely pieces by Jim Shore. Those baskets are amazing. Anxious to see his angels, too!! 

@BirkiLady 

Jim and Dan were great together....Dan listened intently and allowed Jim to speak but also interjected some great observations and questions...As a fellow collector Dan related well to the audience.....Good Show!

And did you catch the comment that some hosts were nice and say how pretty a piece is, but its different when a host is a collector....

Im still waiting to see that auto delivery angels set....lol

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Jim is now describing what one could put in the basket, all items that would not go with this basket, then he said, "or you could put barbed wire, LOL!!!  Obviously, he misspoke, but it was funny.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   I have never seen this angel with bunnies.  What year is it, and where did you get it?

@Spurt wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I have that Woodland one and she's beautiful....and love the animals.....And I have this one

Picture 1 of 2

And this one too

Picture 1 of 2

And I just put this one out....