Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@mousiegirl  @Spurt Your angels are lovely. What a collection you own! I only own one: the large cat, which was sold earlier this year; then brought back tonight. She's a beauty! My DIL gave her to me for my birthday last month. Heart

I enjoyed Dan Hughes and Nancy Hornbeck with Jim Shore today . . . but Jill Bauer really had Jim talking about the German PA influence on his designs, carvings, and painting techniques. Found her conversations with Jim Shore to be the most engaging of the entire day. Think he was enamored with her knowledge of the folk techniques used and her ability to listen as he spoke. He is such a sensitive man with his artwork; yet his humor shines through if given the chance. Another extremely talented, intelligent man who deserves the best of the QVC hosts when on air to bring out his true personality and qualities. 

@BirkiLady   The cat showed up on zulily for $50+ recently.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@mousiegirl  @Spurt Your angels are lovely. What a collection you own! I only own one: the large cat, which was sold earlier this year; then brought back tonight. She's a beauty! My DIL gave her to me for my birthday last month. Heart

I enjoyed Dan Hughes and Nancy Hornbeck with Jim Shore today . . . but Jill Bauer really had Jim talking about the German PA influence on his designs, carvings, and painting techniques. Found her conversations with Jim Shore to be the most engaging of the entire day. Think he was enamored with her knowledge of the folk techniques used and her ability to listen as he spoke. He is such a sensitive man with his artwork; yet his humor shines through if given the chance. Another extremely talented, intelligent man who deserves the best of the QVC hosts when on air to bring out his true personality and qualities. 

@BirkiLady 

ITA, Great shows with Dan, Nancy, and Jill....I was pleasantly surprised with Jim and Jill ....sometimes Jill can take over the vendor's job, but she did a great job with Jim and interjected great points and quietly listened as Jim spoke--I enjoyed their interaction.  And I will also say this about Jill, she is always well prepared, does her homework and is always knowledgeable about the products in her shows.....

And they finally showed the angels in the auto delivery...just beautifull, and I did order Woman Very Happy

@Spurt   I agree re Jill.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR   Great to hear from you!   Thank you for posting.  I thought I wouldn't like number 2, but the November doesn't look that great, hopefully the samples will show up so they can be viewed better.  I did order the auto delivery because I knew I wanted the first and third for sure.  I don't celebrate July 4th any longer, used to have a big party eons ago, but the angel does look wonderful, so will see.

Have you been watching Valerie's shows?  She has another in April, don't know if there will be another after until CIJ.

@mousiegirl, I can see the appeal of all four angels, but thankfully, I can pass on them easily.  I have a bigger problem with the baskets! 

I have watched probably most of Valerie's shows this year.  She has sold some pretty things so far. 

I am still at the point of trying not to add anything else seasonal.  I have so many irons in the fire that the thought of pulling out the seasonal boxes and actually decorating makes me anxious, which isn't how it should feel, so I'm still mainly keeping out year-round decor. 

Of course, I'm tempted to buy, buy, buy, but I'm doing pretty good at resisting.  I bought one Valerie item so far: https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-2-Illuminated-Cut-Out-Bunny-Figurines-by-Valerie.product.H217935.html?sc=...

They are on my mantel with just a simple garland and one bunny print in front of the mirror, reinforcing that Spring is thankfully here, but looking neutral enough that I can leave it that way for months to come if I feel like it.  They are overpriced (IMO, as all QVC decor items are now!) but super cute.

Respected Contributor
@SHOPR and everyone else following this thread, lol

Thank you for clueing me in! I wish I knew Jim was going to be on YHJ. Thanks for the pic of the angels! I like them very much. As I said earlier, I have no JS angels yet and these will be a nice start. I also ordered the basket as I only have one other of his.

In general though, I am trying to cut back on home decor items. A few of Valerie’s items have tempted me, but the price deterred me. I have enough stuff, but will splurge if I see something special.

I love those cutout bunnies you got! That is one item I almost bought, but they seemed expensive. But they are a nice size and I like that they are indoor/outdoor and different from what I have...

I haven’t been on this forum much as things have been crazy, but it’s good to “see” everyone! 😊
Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 JIM SHORE IS ON NOW

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR 

@crazycockermom 

I was tempted by those bunnies too but so far have resisted.

At least until next week - I have my St. Patrick's Day decor out so I am not 100% in "bunny mode" yet.

We shall see what next week brings LOL!

Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 JIM SHORE IS ON NOW

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@BirkiLady 

I was hoping for the cat but sadly, she is gone.

I did order this Canadian goose. Regular price was $ 45.00, on special for $ 10.99! Free shipping too!

I HAD to buy it right LOL???!!!

zu41237412_main_tm1471873704.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@BirkiLady 

I was hoping for the cat but sadly, she is gone.

I did order this Canadian goose. Regular price was $ 45.00, on special for $ 10.99!

I HAD to buy it right LOL???!!!

zu41237412_main_tm1471873704.jpg

@ChiliPepper   If I see it again, I will let you know, and there is always ebay, everything, mostly, shows up there sooner or later.  The large rabbit is at zulily now.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Oh, thank you! That would be great! LOVE all things cats!

I was (WAS!!!) doing so good not buying anything but its hard for me to resist Jim's pieces. I have my three little St. Patty's pieces in my bathroom now & they make me smile every time I see them!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Oh, thank you! That would be great! LOVE all things cats!

I was (WAS!!!) doing so good not buying anything but its hard for me to resist Jim's pieces. I have my three little St. Patty's pieces in my bathroom now & they make me smile every time I see them!

@ChiliPepper   My decor makes me smile also, and this is important, can't smile too often. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom  Ohhh, sorry I'm just now signing on and reading this post. Hope you have had a chance to view a video of Jim Shore with Jill last night during You're Home With Jill. It was such a good show! And Jill listened very well as Jim spoke of his sentiments and the meanings of his artistry. He's such a emotional and caring man with so much tradition and galentry for our country.

I love, love, love the entire collection of his new angels! Hope you were able to see them yesterday if you were interested in them. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.