Honored Contributor

Re: Q2 CIJ Weekend Starting at 9PM 7/19

@Mominohio wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Q2 is having a Christmas in July weekend beginning tonight at 9:00 PM ET.  There will be some regular live programming interspersed (i.e., Susan Graver hour here & there), but the majority will be all CIJ. 

The Big Deal tonight is a set of 14 glass ornaments by Inspire Me! item # H219979 (they come in Mixed Metals, or Holiday Red).

Inspire Me XMAS.jpg

$59.80

S&H: $5.50

@Caaareful Shopper 

Thanks for the programming heads up. I didn't know!

But that Big Deal? Are they kidding, that price is beyond crazy! Am I missing something about why they would be worth that price? 

didn't see these but saw the pretzels.  Anyway, last year Michaels, Hobby Lobby had beautiful glass ornaments some singles or boxed.  Most were 50% off reg price under $20.

Not sure what the description or make are.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Q2 is having a Christmas in July weekend beginning tonight at 9:00 PM ET.  There will be some regular live programming interspersed (i.e., Susan Graver hour here & there), but the majority will be all CIJ. 

The Big Deal tonight is a set of 14 glass ornaments by Inspire Me! item # H219979 (they come in Mixed Metals, or Holiday Red).

Inspire Me XMAS.jpg

$59.80

@Caaareful Shopper 

But that Big Deal? Are they kidding, that price is beyond crazy! Am I missing something about why they would be worth that price? 

@Mominohio   I agree that it's more than what we see as a Big Deal or TSV for ornaments here, but I think the price is very reasonable.  Most of the ornaments in this set are the size of my whole hand.  Add all the embellishments of pearls, rhinestones & glitter, plus they are all glass -- I think they are a great buy at $60 for a set of 14 oversized ornaments. I've seen nothing like these that can come anywhere near this price. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I so agree with your assessment.

At first, I do think they appear pricey.....but consider fourteen ornaments of this size and quality. This is a good deal.

The mixed metal grouping is calling my name. I am a big fan of Farah's offerings. 

Honored Contributor

That’s the set I purchased, @Regal Bee.  They look stunning.  I cannot wait to see them in person!

Frequent Contributor

@Susan Louise Thanks for sharing photos of your tree- beautiful and inspiring!

Honored Contributor

@missxmas wrote:

@Susan Louise Thanks for sharing photos of your tree- beautiful and inspiring!

@missxmas  That tree was made by Glittermoon. I mentioned in that post that I would like to make a similar one next year.

Just google Glittermoon and you will see many vintage decor she makes Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   I so agree with your assessment.

At first, I do think they appear pricey.....but consider fourteen ornaments of this size and quality. This is a good deal.

The mixed metal grouping is calling my name. I am a big fan of Farah's offerings. 

I have been resisting purchasing these but I am lovinging the mixed metal too.  They are stunning and I think for glass, the size and all of the bling they are a great price.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Inspire Me XMAS.jpg

$59.80

@Caaareful Shopper 

@Mominohio   I agree that it's more than what we see as a Big Deal or TSV for ornaments here, but I think the price is very reasonable.  Most of the ornaments in this set are the size of my whole hand.  Add all the embellishments of pearls, rhinestones & glitter, plus they are all glass -- I think they are a great buy at $60 for a set of 14 oversized ornaments. I've seen nothing like these that can come anywhere near this price. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

I didn't realize they were so big, so maybe it would be closer to what one would expect to pay. 

Honestly I wonder if they are any better than a lot of the things you can find individually or in sets at Hobby Lobby and the like. 

I've been disappointed in ornaments from QVC in the past. Nice at first, but made in China, and don't really hold up well over the years. 

Hope those that get these enjoy them. I'll have to see a presentation, even though I know there is no way I'd buy them. I have enough ornaments for two full size trees and beyond, and never use them all anymore, so I just can't bring myself to buy more!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio   I bought a really full tree two years ago, then found myself lacking in ornaments.  I rarely buy ornament sets because I prefer no two ornaments being the same, I like them all to coordinate instead.  I've been collecting for years & years, but still didn't have enough for the bigger tree.  Last year I bought a set that I really wasn't crazy about, but they had the right coloring and size. 

If I love these ornaments, I will donate last year's set in a heartbeat. Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Susan Louise-- What a beautiful tree!! I just love the vintage ornaments.  We had the same ones on our tree when I was growing up.  Several years ago my mother's tree -- decorated with all the vintage ornaments -- fell over, and most of the ornaments were broken.  We were so upset!  I've been trying to replace them ever since.