Respected Contributor

I have wanted a small putz house to put under a cloche or lantern for awhile now. But the cost has been too much or they were poorly made. These are the German cardboard houses. Anyone have one?

Honored Contributor

I don't have one, but you made me google. I had no idea what they were, but they are adorable, and I hope one of our clever posters can help with your dilemma.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I see Amazon has them.  My parents had several of them as the village under our Christmas tree when I was a child.  

Occasional Contributor

Re: Putz houses

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

I have wanted a small putz house to put under a cloche or lantern for awhile now. But the cost has been too much or they were poorly made. These are the German cardboard houses. Anyone have one?

To see original vintage ones, try eBay:

Respected Contributor

I have an old putz farmhouse, barn & lots of animals that I bought on ebay from different sellers...they're so sweet displayed together. Lots of putz on ebay & other websites that specialize in old Christmas items. Hope you find what you're looking for @traveler, there's still lots of reasonably priced putz available.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, everyone

Respected Contributor

I love them!  We had my Mom's under our tree when I was a child.  I don't think they survived the assorted dogs we also had through the years Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

752D4513-D910-467A-A528-F67C2207242C.pngSome of the craft stores carry them in plain paper mache that you can paint . Last season I made one for my DD for her Nov. birthday ....here’s a picture of it....

Hobby lobby has different sizes too. Fun project.

Honored Contributor

I love Putz houses. I have a few my Mother had growing up. I put them out every year. I found some beautiful ones when we were in Rhinebeck NY last year. I only bought one which was a mistake. They weren’t that expensive either. Very well made.

Respected Contributor

I wish I had the ones that my grandfather always put under the tree.  I think that display probably was the start of my love of miniatures.