Esteemed Contributor

I have many putz style houses all colors and different sizes and houses.   We put them around one of our trees ,   Which is a vintage tree , decorated in vintage ornaments.    Then we have  others on a ladder tree my DH made last year ,  we filled that with the rest !    Most are by Cody Foster and Bethany Lowe.   You can goggle them ,   They do the best I my opinion unless you do gave original puts houses from years gone by.,   I'm not fortunate to have any of  those.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I have wanted a small putz house to put under a cloche or lantern for awhile now. But the cost has been too much or they were poorly made. These are the German cardboard houses. Anyone have one?

@traveler   I bought many last year at zulily, lit, for under the tree, and also a picket fence from there to surrond the houses.  I didn't grow up with these, but wanted to have a vintage tree with all the fixins, lol.  The houses are nicer than the vintage, also have larger to set about.  I bought a set of two very small made by Bethany Lowe either at zulily or amazon, to put under a cloche, havn't done this yet, maybe this year, have the cloches, sp they are out there if you search.

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler 

One of Martha Stewart's older magazines had a wreath with these little houses. 

I went wild for them, but never did anything about it.

They are just so lovely to look at, but I do NOT need any more stuff.

If you get one or two, please post pictures.  I just adore them.

Regular Contributor
Dear Traveler I make these putz house. I try to keep the simple as they were originally created. I do customize each piece.
Regular Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@summergal1 

How wonderful!

Can you post pictures of them?  It would be fab to see what you've done.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Putz houses

[ Edited ]

Years ago, I saw a couple Putz houses in an antique store.  Thus started my fascination with them, as I remembered them from childhood.  I should have bought them as they weren't expensive.

You can find Putz house kits online.  I've seen them at Barnes & Noble and Amazon, and Etsy (many!).  Someday I want to try one.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@traveler 

One of Martha Stewart's older magazines had a wreath with these little houses. 

I went wild for them, but never did anything about it.

They are just so lovely to look at, but I do NOT need any more stuff.

If you get one or two, please post pictures.  I just adore them.

@Witchy Woman   I remember that wreath. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I was at TJMAXX yesterday and bought a red barn style by Martha Stewart for $12.99. Can't wait to get some batteries for it. I also have a collection of these that I have been buying from Joann's and Ebay for about 5 years. HTH

Respected Contributor

@country gal wrote:

I was at TJMAXX yesterday and bought a red barn style by Martha Stewart for $12.99. Can't wait to get some batteries for it. I also have a collection of these that I have been buying from Joann's and Ebay for about 5 years. HTH

I saw that today.  They also had a white church by MS, but I didn't check the price.