Honored Contributor

Pulled out ALL the decor this morning.......

Lol, it's a whole room full. Wow, I have my work cut out for me, deciding what I'm keeping and what I'll be donating this year. Good thing I started early. We had snow overnight, ugh, so a good day to get started on this job.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Pulled out ALL the decor this morning.......

Oh please don't remind me. I'm not in the mood to decorate yet. LOL!!! I used to look forward to it every year but not as much now.

Honored Contributor

I need to do the same thing.  I have mega amounts of Christmas decor collected for many a year.  My taste has changed from time to time.  It would be a lot easier to decorate without an overwhelming amount of tubs to go through.  Good luck, SC

Respected Contributor

I went through a lot of mine this summer while I was reorganizing the garage, so I'm a little ahead on the process.  Good luck picking and choosing your favorites.  I always have a hard time with that.

Respected Contributor

It's a job isn't it! I went through and donated stuff last month but I still have way too nuch. It will be a chore just choosing what to use. I'm going to start pulling stuff out next week and getting organized by type of deco - Figurines, trees, candles, etc. And I also get all the items with batteries tested. Gosh, all this work just to enjoy the decor for a month!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1

Good luck Snicks! Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you! 

My sis is a step ahead of me....she put her stuff up already....I got my tree out and fluffed it up...THEN...one section of the lights didnt light ....ARRRGGGGGHHH... 

I went shopping all over town looking for a new tree, I wanted to downsize a bit and get a 6.5 or 6.0 reasonably priced tree, I couldnt find a tree I liked, so I stuck with my 7.5 and just added a 50 light set and that will work in the interim...Ill look for a new tree next year....I swear these trees with all the bells and whistles last an average of around only 3 years no matter what the price is....

Woman Frustrated Woman Sad Woman Mad

So I have a fluffed tree, so now I need to get the ornaments on the tree, then decorate the rest....but Im not going to do as much this year as I normally do. Priority is the tree, some candles and a few things in the living room, something on the dining room table , and Ill put my VPH snow people family in the kitchen... ...Im just too worn out to do every room and elaborately at that,  ...I had to deal with a repair in October that really took my time and energy...But Im counting my blessings and proceeding on with Christmas, I DO love the season.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies, seems we are all in about the same "boat". I had intended to get this first step done earlier in the week, life got in the way, as happened so often. Just getting everything out from under the stairs was a challenge. I'll be looking through everything this weekend. I already have several items I know will be donated. Enjoy your process and the holiday season, everyone.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I have been cleaning for about a week off and on and changed shower curtains, washed linens, and started wrapping ( bagging) gifts.  Last night I pulled all of my decorations out and began placing them around my apartment.  Within the last hour I pulled my new little ( 3 ft.) tree out of its box and began fluffing it.  I have not had even a little tree since I have had my 9 year old cat.  This should be interesting. Right now he has positioned himself on the floor in front of the tree and is just staring up at it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be decorating for the holidays a week early. Usually I take down the Fall decor the day after Thanksgiving. However, since we just recieved our new main tree for the livingroom, the process will be a bit more time consuming. With the old tree going to charity, I'll go through our holiday decor again for any late purges to make the trip to Goodwill more worthwhile.

I can't wait til everything is decorated for the holidays again! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

You know, we all moan and groan about all the work it is getting out the decor, going through it, etc., but really, for me, it is like "playing with my toys". I can't wait to pull it all out and see what I have forgotten about.