Honored Contributor

Re: Pulled out ALL the decor this morning.......

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

You know, we all moan and groan about all the work it is getting out the decor, going through it, etc., but really, for me, it is like "playing with my toys". I can't wait to pull it all out and see what I have forgotten about.

@froggy  What a fabulous and delightful way of looking at it...like a breath of fresh air! When I start the process, I'll have to remember to tell my husband as I head down to the basement, that I'm going to go play with my toys! llls0251.gif

Trusted Contributor

I’ve been married 33 years and I’ve never went through any Christmas to purge etc. I plan on it some day when I retire but I sure don’t have the time or engery until then. I work six days a week.
By then it may be so vintage that I want to keep it. Haha.
But I would like to get it organized better. I do have most of it in clear totes and those are labeled.

It would be interesting to see all the phases I’ve been through. From my first tree when I was first married that I glued the little white bears on red clothes pins and decorated with bears. Then there was the angel phase, then the icicle phase and the red bird phase and so on.

I’m anxious to get my fall decor down and get started on the tree and my new Christmas items I’ve accumulated since July along with some of my older favorites. Hopefully I’ll get started this weekend in some way.
Honored Contributor

I have a fair amount of Christmas but my excess is picks, garland.  I have never gone overboard on buying figurines, or other things of that nature.

I no longer put up a tree, never enjoyed decorating it so I decided about 10 years ago I was done.

We have a huge fieldstone fireplace, that is the focal point of the room.  I have a few small trees and santa's that sit on the hearth and that is where the few things we gift are placed.  The mantle is totally decorated.  I love not having the hassle of decorating and storing a tree.

I went thru Christmas things earlier and sent some items to the consignment store, more could probably go.

Esteemed Contributor

I just started putting a little transition into the mix - a new napkin holder on the table, a new trinket holder on a shelf (I know, very edgy🙄).  I am debating when to change out the dinnerware.

I put a holly wreath on the front door the day after Halloween.

I also have my turkey tea light holders out!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

You know, we all moan and groan about all the work it is getting out the decor, going through it, etc., but really, for me, it is like "playing with my toys". I can't wait to pull it all out and see what I have forgotten about.

@froggy  I feel the same way about my housefull of toys. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  So many times, I open something and am delighted and surprised as I had forgotten albout having certain items.

Respected Contributor

I told myself I was going to try to scale my decor down a bit this year, but what do I go and do ? My tree addiction takes over and I buy another tree 🌲!

Help !! 🤪

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  Bless your heart.  I am not ready yet but 2 more weeks and I will be decorating. 

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

It really is funny how much Christmas stuff we do buy and accumulate over the years.

Gotta have this, gotta have that ... can’t get rid of this, can’t get rid of that ... 

I think we are all the same to some degree when it comes to Christmas.

It is a task in itself to actually go thru everything and decide what to keep.

Happy Christmas  Decorating!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

8 days later.....the tree got put up and decorated the next day.
I have one vignette almost done, have to dig out one more thing to add to it.
Still considering what I'm doing with the mantle this year, and am re-thinking my dining table centerpiece. Will probably just re-do my hutch like it was last year.
I just have so many interruptions and outside appointments, plus still trying to take care of leaves outside, when weather permits. It's definitely a process, this year more than any other, I believe, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy  I feel the same way about my housefull of toys. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  So many times, I open something and am delighted and surprised as I had forgotten albout having certain items.

I decorated earlier this week..and Love seeing all the things..some I had forgotten about...! Sometimes I may get an idea late at night...and I get up and start decorating...it makes me so happy..one of the perks of being single...my little dog follows me around..what could be better???? Heart Btw...if you like Christmas pillows...I found some darling ones at Tarjay..less then $10! Pier One has some too...more pricey..but some are on sale now! Woman Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West