Trusted Contributor

Price of 4.5" Christmas trees

Yesterday, the Lunchtime special was 4 little lighted Mr. Christmas trees for $25 plus $5.50 for shipping. I was trying to decide if I should buy this set or the 3 Mr. Christmas lighted trucks also for $25. I chose the trucks. But TODAY I could have bought FIVE little Christmas trees for $25 and Free Shipping.  Wouldn't you think a Lunchtime special a day earlier should be less money. I would have bought the trees and given them as gifts and would have had 5 gifts instead of 3. Of course it is already in Process, so I can't stop the order. I just think this is wrong.

Honored Contributor

Re: Price of 4.5" Christmas trees

With QVC, it's the luck of the draw.  Some you win, some you lose.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee I think price changes are happening faster nowadays than ever before and definitely not just here.  I’ve been reading warnings for some years about companies that whipsaw their prices frequently but now it’s so much easier to do as we move more and more into Internet buying.   

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Foxxee I think price changes are happening faster nowadays than ever before and definitely not just here.  I’ve been reading warnings for some years about companies that whipsaw their prices frequently but now it’s so much easier to do as we move more and more into Internet buying.   

@millieshops 

And one of the worst is Amazon, be sure to comparison shop folks....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

What did QVC do wrong?  Obviously, the little trees were two separate and distinct items.  One set 4.5" and the other 6".    QVC cannot read our minds and based their sales strategy on what our personal plans and wishes are.  

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  Yup.  And maybe it's just my imagination but I'd sware that I've put an item in my cart, started check out then changed my mind.  the next time I looked at that item the price had been reduced.  Odd. but maybe they're tracking close calls.