Honored Contributor

Pretty Holiday Wrapping paper

Today, I looked at the Hallmark Christmas wrapping paper.  Hallmark has had beautiful Christmas designs in the past.  Now the designs are cartoon characters like "Buzz Lightyear"!  Not in love!  

I'm going to get heavy thickness paper from Current!

Honored Contributor

Re: Pretty Holiday Wrapping paper

I use brown paper...and decorate it myself with colored ink pens...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Just gift bags, here.

Respected Contributor

Gee, I had no idea Current was still in business! Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue    Been buying from them for years!  Many free shipping offers. Some offers with a certain $ spent.  Sometimes no limit.  I think we used them in grade school for fundraisers!  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I ordered from them. I always liked their papers and things. They have reusable gift totes too. I found one that's perfect for a friend who loves horses. 

So glad you mentioned them!

Esteemed Contributor

I use the brown paper for birthdays most of the time. @Desertdi  I have used it for Christmas a few times.

It is charming, and kind of rustic.

Most orders I have shipped to me contain the brown paper for packing. I save it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Today, I looked at the Hallmark Christmas wrapping paper.  Hallmark has had beautiful Christmas designs in the past.  Now the designs are cartoon characters like "Buzz Lightyear"!  Not in love!  

I'm going to get heavy thickness paper from Current!

@ECBG   I have found beautiful paper at zulily and amazon.  Many moons ago, I would go to Hallmark the day or so after Christmas and get 50-75% off paper, could open a store, lol.

I also buy ribbon.  When DD was little, I decided the bows were too expensive to buy and be discarded, so I began buying the spools of the type of ribbon that can be curled with scissors, made very pretty package attachments, not really bows, but a pile of currly ribbon with strands hanging down, not  very good description, lol, saved a lot of money this way.

Respected Contributor

The last Wrapping Paper I bought was a Mega Roll from Costco about 3 years ago.

It's reversible with one side being white with silver snowflakes and the other side Silver with tiny white stars.  I Do believe That roll, with the other lifetimes worth of partial rolls of Christmas paper to use up, will be the Last roll of Christmas / Occasion paper I will ever buy.

@mousiegirl  You do save a pretty penny making those Curly "Sprays"  yourself!   They're Fun to make too!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG Oh, you reminded me of the wonderful wrapping paper my Mother used for Christmas.  It was thick, well made, and beautiful designs.

For some reason, my favorite to unwrap as a child was the foil wrap.  Great memories. 

Now, it's gift bags for me.