Valued Contributor

Plow & Hearth Set of 3 Shorty Ornament Set H227849

I just received the snowmen and they are adorable. Excellent quality and a fair price. I am so glad they are red, white and blue instead of the traditional red and green Christmas colors. More bang for my buck. When it's time to pack away my Christmas decor, I will move them from the tree and add to my winter decorations. I paid less than the clearance price but I think the clearance price is still a good deal considering the quality. Also a cute take home gift for guests.

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 2.43.18 PM.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Plow & Hearth Set of 3 Shorty Ornament Set H227849

[ Edited ]

Very sweet little faces.

Why are they called "shorties?" They are ornaments, and ornaments are short.

I have no need for them--far too many Christmas decorations already--but they would be a cute topper on a Gift.

Valued Contributor

@Another new name Suewrote:

Very sweet little faces.

Why are they called "shorties?" They are ornaments, and ornaments are short.

I have no need for them--far too many Christmas decorations already--but they would be a cute topper on a Gift.

I think they are called Shorty because they are the ornament version of their larger Shorty. The taller Shorty is usually a TSV every year and they typically add a new character. Some collect them. If I remember correctly, the Shorty name came about because they designed the bigger Shorty to be large enough to be noticed but small enough to fit in many places. The larger Shorty is about a foot tall. I have a couple of the larger ones and they look cute under my tree or in the corner by the front door. I believe the bigger ones are outdoor safe too. They're all cute and festive.

Regular Contributor

I have the taller "shorty" standing outside my front door with my other Christmas decorations. He is just adorable and the best part, when the decorations are brought in, I will still leave him by the door along with a larger snowman for my winter theme.

Honored Contributor

Very cute trio.

Respected Contributor

OMG the tall shorty and the short shorty....lol!! Thanks for the explanation and the chuckle. They are pretty cute and affordable, but we have so many Christmas decorations. I'm so tired of them but DH won't part with them to refresh the collection. When I order them the elves photo show up but the word "snowman" in my cart. Do you think I'll get the snowmen?