Respected Contributor

Re: Please please please NIO Christmas in July!!!!!

@PocoLoco wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is NIO? 

@PocoLoco I believe NIO is a typo and OP means NO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why someone would visit a forum enititled "Holiday" just to start a thread to complain about programming.  Others have given you many options for you to do this weekend!  I actually love CIJ and look forward to it every year.  I am also watching the Hallmark Mysteries and regular Hallmark channel Christmas movies.  I live in the south and yes it is hot!!  It can also be hot in December here (one year Christmas Day was 85 degrees). 

However, watching programming and movies geared toward Christmas makes me smile any time of year.  There are topics that do not interest me on the boards and programming on Q that is not for me.  I don't waste my time complaining about it.  I use those times to turn off the TV and do other things.  Then, I come back when I am interested again.  I don't tell people that may like those shows "please no more" or "I hate it".  Life is too short, in my opinion,  to let shopping channel programming get someone all upset. Everyone likes different things.  Best wishes one and all whatever your programming preference is!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Last week we went Walmart and Salvation Army had bell ringers “jingle in July”.  Now some charity is running CIJ food bank drive.

@traveler 

On the Food Network they even had Christmas In July Baking Contests!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Moonie 

Well here's one for ya....I HATE SUMMER...  To me it means--Hot and humid weather so ya dont feel like doing anything at all, bugs, high electric bills because the A/C is going non-stop, fecal matter warnings for public swimming pools on the news, high water bills as you try to save cherished plants, kids/pets dying from being left in a hot car, people are sweaty and smelly, daylight savings time, no NFL football....😒😠

For me CIJ brings to mind my favorite holiday and favorite time of year and helps me get through the MISERABLE Summer season!!! 🎅 🎄🔔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I had waited way too long for summer and was looking forward to it that much, I’d be outside enjoying the season and not sitting in the house watching a shopping channel. Coming to a message board dedicated to the holidays to complain about holiday programming is probably preaching to the wrong choir, IMO.

Its the best of both worlds for me. I can go outside and soak up the blue skies and summer sun, and then come back home and cool off, kick back and relax with a good Hallmark Christmas movie or do a little CIJ shopping.

☀️🎄🌼🎅

Have fun and enjoy that summer while it’s here, the seasons pass so quickly. 🌞

Respected Contributor

@Diva on The Q That is just it. It started in June & is on every month until Christmas. Not everyone is interested in Christmas in the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I enjoy it.  I also have been watching nearly two weeks' worth of Christmas movies on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel.  Next up:  Christmas movies on the regular Hallmark channel.  I am all in on this!

Me too!  It's 5:30 p.m. and 98 degrees outside, I'm sitting here in cutoffs and a tank top with the ac blasting, glass of wine in hand...watching a Hallmark Christmas movie, and loving it.  In no way does this make me think Christmas is imminent; it's just a fun diversion on a hot day.

I love Christmas for the way it makes me feel, so I appreciate these moments, both the QVC CIJ and Hallmark, to enjoy it for a while.

Too bad QVC won't change their "no new forum topics" rule; there should be one titled "No More CIJ."

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

We always had a Christmas in July week where I worked and decorated and everything.  It was so much fun!!!  Love those shows so I can buy things and will be ready when Christmas comes and don't have to wear myself out buying things and baking and decorating.  Summer does not go away so OP should just go outside and not watch.  Setting in front of a tv is not enjoying summer! OP appears not to have realized watching Christmas in July shows is not mandatory!!  Also in some countries Christmas is indeed in their summer months and in some states it is summer like weather!!

@Pook   Darn!  I wish I had worked with you.  We would have had a great time!!  We did do a lot of things together (bake-offs, baseball games, etc.) but CIJ would have been so much fun.

Honored Contributor

Christmas in July related to shopping is not a big thrill for me as I'm not into decorating and I don't buy gifts. Out of curiosity, I do occasionally look at what is offered.

The concept of Christmas in July does appeal to me as far as charitable donations. I have suggested it to our local Salvation Army a number of times, and would be receptive to donating to a bell ringer in July. I think these organizations need to think outside the box in regard to their fundraising efforts.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look on te bright side: you won't be wasting any time watching the Q, plus you are saving yourself money on whatever others things you would buy were it not Christmas in July. I just never watch it, and I am happy to let it dominate the network for a week or a month, or whatever amount of time they devote to it. Yesterday I went to Fred Meyer and noticed their school stuff is all out on the shelves. Imagine how the kids feel about that. In my area, the kids just barely got out of classes because they had to make up snow days. The 4th just passed, and now they are greeted with back to school items.