Valued Contributor

Re: Please please please NIO Christmas in July!!!!!

The first 100 hours were fun, but enough already!

Valued Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

The first 100 hours were fun, but enough already!

@Maggie Nolia  Nope, sorry! Not while products are consistently selling out! Change the channel. May I recommend the Hallmark Channel? They are showing non-stop Christmas movies, and not because no one isn’t watching.

Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Look on te bright side: you won't be wasting any time watching the Q, plus you are saving yourself money on whatever others things you would buy were it not Christmas in July. I just never watch it, and I am happy to let it dominate the network for a week or a month, or whatever amount of time they devote to it. Yesterday I went to Fred Meyer and noticed their school stuff is all out on the shelves. Imagine how the kids feel about that. In my area, the kids just barely got out of classes because they had to make up snow days. The 4th just passed, and now they are greeted with back to school items. 

@RainCityWoman talk about back to school. My son's school sent out the supply list last week and I went Saturday and purchased all of his school supplies. He's going to the 5th grade. When I asked him if he wanted to go to the store with me to buy his supplies, he said "mom, we just got out of school a few weeks ago". LOL. The thing is if you don't go early everything will be picked over. I decided to go shopping by myself...

Honored Contributor

It seems you are rather new here, and welcome. 

This is a Holiday forum that QVC set up a few years ago, for those of us that love holiday time, especially Christmas and Christmas in July. It is rather like you have gone to the Pets forum, just to say you hate dogs. You have every right, but what's the point. 

If you want to let QVC know your programming preferences, I'd recommend trying the Suggestion Box forum or Customer Care, or even Q Talk. All of those should be a place where the powers that be will hear your input. 

This, like other more specific forums are more for the positive exchange of the topic or information and sharing about the programming and content of the topic described in the title. 

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Last week we went Walmart and Salvation Army had bell ringers “jingle in July”.  Now some charity is running CIJ food bank drive.

Good idea! I guess whatever works to bring in the needed donations. I like they thought a bit outside the box!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

Last week we went Walmart and Salvation Army had bell ringers “jingle in July”.  Now some charity is running CIJ food bank drive.

@traveler 

did you happen to see the Little Debbie "christmas in july" christmas trees, brownies with christmas sprinkles, etc. -- they are on almost every endcap of the cashier lines🎄🎅🏻🤶

(I would have taken pic but left my phone in the car)

@homedecor1 

No.....I had not seen this.

But daggumit, you've made me hungry for some now! LOL

Super Contributor

I hate the Christmas in July shows. I just don't watch QVC when those are on. I don't even like the Christmas shows in December. I rarely watch from Thanksgiving to Jan. 1.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch a lot of QVC anymore, but I do like the concept of Christmas in July. It's fun seeing all the warm cozy decorations while it's blazing outside.They are nice to watch, there is no holiday pressure since it is July, and Christmas is 6  months away!! The Food network jumped on board too with some Christmas in July shows. 

Contributor

@TRAVELER 

I actually bought 2 boxes of the Little Debbie's trees  and brought them to my sister's Christmas in July Picnic.  This has been an annual event for many years.  When the Little Debbie's caught my eye when shopping , my first thought was Wow they must be really stale.  Upon closer look, I saw the "Christmas in July" printed on the box. Had to laugh.Smiley Very Happy