Respected Contributor

Re: Please please please NIO Christmas in July!!!!!

Honestly I am so tired of this debate!

Like CIJ or dont. Watch it  or don't. Let's all do what we want and stop talking about it!  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy it.  I also have been watching nearly two weeks' worth of Christmas movies on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel.  Next up:  Christmas movies on the regular Hallmark channel.  I am all in on this!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't watch.  QVC isn't going to change their CIJ programming.  They have been doing this for as long as I have been shopping there which is about 30 years.  Who has time to sit and watch CIJ 24/7 for three solid days.  Things to do.  Places to go.  People to see.  This subject has been beaten to death.  Just don't watch.

Honored Contributor

I just ignore it.  I know many love CIJ.  I just try to live in what is happening right now.  Especially the warm weather months.  The winter months are long and hard and so I prefer to not think about them ahead of time.  They will get here soon enough.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Every single year -- the CIJ woes.  Every single year.  With nearly every retailer having CIJ and Black Friday sales this weekend and throughout July, why do the nay-sayers think anything is going to change at QVC?

I love CIJ.  I can shop, plan early, and enjoy the good feelings Christmas always brings me.  Then when I've had my full of the CIJ day, I go the pool or have dinner with friends at the outside cafe in my neighborhood.

I can you know....I can really enjoy both on the same day.

Respected Contributor

@Moonie wrote:
Will probably have many disagreeing with me but in my mind we waited waaaaay too long for summer to have to deal with Christmas right now....I absolutely HATE it! Any year....Christmas is not in summer...

@Moonie, I think probably the best thing to do would be to turn off the TV and go and enjoy the summer that you waited so long for. I enjoy the Christmas in July because the summer here is so hot, humid and unbearable that anything that causes dreaming and longing for cooler weather is very welcome.Heart

Trusted Contributor

I love Christmas iin July and am thrilled that it is on again this weekend.  I am all about Christmas all the time.

I don't like the computer shows or make up shows, I don't ask QVC not to air them or complain about them, I just find other things to do.  

Different strokes for different folks and I am Thrilled with this weekends programming.

No one is forcing you to watch this, there is a ton of other shows on.  

While this is airing this weekend I will also be working on my Christmas cards.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

We always had a Christmas in July week where I worked and decorated and everything.  It was so much fun!!!  Love those shows so I can buy things and will be ready when Christmas comes and don't have to wear myself out buying things and baking and decorating.  Summer does not go away so OP should just go outside and not watch.  Setting in front of a tv is not enjoying summer! OP appears not to have realized watching Christmas in July shows is not mandatory!!  Also in some countries Christmas is indeed in their summer months and in some states it is summer like weather!!

@Pook 

So true!

I'm in the deep south (coastal GA) and most of the time Christmas in my area  is still 80 degrees and sunny!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

Excuse my ignorance, but what is NIO? 

Honored Contributor

@Moonie wrote:
Will probably have many disagreeing with me but in my mind we waited waaaaay too long for summer to have to deal with Christmas right now....I absolutely HATE it! Any year....Christmas is not in summer...

@Moonie.  Well if you live where my family does, it is in summer. Australia! Shrimp on the barbie for Christmas dinner!