Respected Contributor

Re: Please please please NIO Christmas in July!!!!!

I think QVC has already issued their Program Guide and tomorrow through Sunday there will be three days of Christmas. 

Just a heads up:  On July 25 will be another all day Christmas event.  I see Martha Stewart will have an hour of her flameless candles and Jim Shore will also have a show in the evening.

Valued Contributor

Do you think if someone went into the “Pet Lovers” forum and wrote a thread that said, “Please, please, please no more discussions about your dead dog!”, do you think that thead would last? I really wish the Holiday Forum would be given the same respect.

Respected Contributor

@Moonie Well, it will be okay.  Really it will.  Just ignore this particular QVC forum for now and skip any of the Q's Christmas in July presentations for the rest of this month.

If you still need to watch QVC there are two other channels--QVC2 and QVC3.

Most of the people chatting here about Christmas in July on QVC actually enjoy it--seeing the different decorations and how to display them, what the best deals are, what are the new finds for this year, how to store them, and so forth.  Obviously just not your cup of tea.

So enjoy this month the way you wish and let us enjoy ours.

I've just been combing through my recipe files and notes to see what items I need to update or replace for the winter holiday menus and baking, and decorating.  

I've been buying some gifts now so that I'll be all set before the ice comes and the snow flies so that I don't have to venture out in the nasty weather for frantic dashes to the mall, or worrying if packages will be delivered in time.  

I like to be the prepared Santa's Helper, not the slapdash--buy this to have something/anything type of gift giver.  It also keeps me within my budget.

Remember, Santa had his vacation after Christmas, and now, as I tell my little grandsons, the Easter Bunny is having his vacation turn, and the elves and Santa are very busy up at the North Pole preparing to make the most magical Christmas yet for little boys and girls.

Having said all that, I am still enjoying summer to the max--since it is my favorite weather, heat and even the humidity--and more daylight.

Hope you are enjoying your summer, too.  Don't let Christmas in July bother your head.

Best wishes,

aroc3435

Respected Contributor

Now i know why I'm half nuts and totally stressed when Christmas time really is here.

CIJ -- BAH HUMBUG!!!

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Last week we went Walmart and Salvation Army had bell ringers “jingle in July”.  Now some charity is running CIJ food bank drive.

@traveler 

did you happen to see the Little Debbie "christmas in july" christmas trees, brownies with christmas sprinkles, etc. -- they are on almost every endcap of the cashier lines🎄🎅🏻🤶

(I would have taken pic but left my phone in the car)

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Moonie   Just switch to a different channel, read a book, play solitaire,  bake some cookies, call a friend and chat.   Those are just a few suggestions to get you past CIJ.

If none of that works for you then try seeing a good therapist!!!   You will be o.k., I promise!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Moonie wrote:
Will probably have many disagreeing with me but in my mind we waited waaaaay too long for summer to have to deal with Christmas right now....I absolutely HATE it! Any year....Christmas is not in summer...

What's NIO???  And you can opt out watching so you don't have to deal with it.

Honored Contributor

@Newgate 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

I needed this good laugh today! Thanks😁

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

@Moonie   Just switch to a different channel, read a book, play solitaire,  bake some cookies, call a friend and chat.   Those are just a few suggestions to get you past CIJ.

If none of that works for you then try seeing a good therapist!!!   You will be o.k., I promise!!Woman Wink

@Newgate   LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We always had a Christmas in July week where I worked and decorated and everything.  It was so much fun!!!  Love those shows so I can buy things and will be ready when Christmas comes and don't have to wear myself out buying things and baking and decorating.  Summer does not go away so OP should just go outside and not watch.  Setting in front of a tv is not enjoying summer! OP appears not to have realized watching Christmas in July shows is not mandatory!!  Also in some countries Christmas is indeed in their summer months and in some states it is summer like weather!!